Down with Spanx!

You have had brilliant losses well done! I am still on a detour trying to get back on the wagon managed an ok day yesterday and going for green today. Need to cut down on my wine intake I think! Have been exhausted too but yesterday and today have finally started to feel a bit less tired which helps. Just need to plan and then I might be ok!

Hi Sian and Belle! I'm having a good week, hoping to get to the 2.5st mark at WI on Friday, although I've had two meals out, both curries, but both within syn allowance, so it could be difficult!

Belle, hope you find your mojo soon. At least you're not sticking your head in the sand, but trying to stay on plan where you can - that's got to be better than giving up completely. :)

I've discovered a new filling breakfast this week - without using up a HEB. I normally have just fruit and yoghurt, but in this really cold weather, it's just not enough! So I boiled up some Quinoa with a spoon of sweetener, left it to cool overnight and then mixed it with a mullerlight and some fresh fruit in the morning - a bit like cold, slightly grainy porridge, but it did the trick and kept me full until lunchtime! My consultant has checked with head office and it's not classed as a cheat or a tweak, so it's a free breakfast, and it means I can still have my cereal bar to curb those evening munchies! :D

Mojo might be making a slow retune, second night of no wine which is an improvement and got a sw pizza for and had 17syns which for wi day is pretty good I think! Going to try and plan a bit tonight think we will be having a takeaway for valentines which will be ok just needs thinking through :) been doing green to get back in to it as though I enjoy them they don't like me in terms of loosing but finding them handy to get back in to the structure of sw if you follow!

Fingers crossed for you on Friday :) xx

Sounds like you're back on track Belle - or getting there anyway! Hope you have a lovely Valentine's takeaway! My OH is cooking SW burgers and wedges. He and my son will have bread rolls, loads of cheese and not a veg in sight, but I'll be having mine with a load of mushrooms, leeks and tomatoes and no bread, to get the superfree in. Then I'm going to make my first ever half a syn roulade for pudding and to keep the syns low, I might treat myself to a gin and tonic rather than opening a bottle of red wine!

Well, I made it! Only lost half a pound this morning (and the scales hovered between that and a STS, so it was a really close call!), but I finally got my 2.5st award (since my restart - 5.5 stones in total!) :D

Thanks Elle!

Yes, I did really well on Friday - had my syn free burgers with wedges and lots of veggies and half a syn roulade for pud! Here's what my first attempt looked like (I didn't manage the rolling it bit, made it into a cake instead!):087.jpg

Then on sunday, I went to a fundraising coffee morning for a local dog rescue charity I support and managed to avoid ALL of these:
cakes.jpg

So, it would have been a very successful weekend, if it hadn't have been for the takeaway curry, with a poppadum, chips and quarter of a naan that I demolished on Saturday night - oops!

Hi Sian and Belle! I'm having a good week, hoping to get to the 2.5st mark at WI on Friday, although I've had two meals out, both curries, but both within syn allowance, so it could be difficult!

Belle, hope you find your mojo soon. At least you're not sticking your head in the sand, but trying to stay on plan where you can - that's got to be better than giving up completely. :)

I've discovered a new filling breakfast this week - without using up a HEB. I normally have just fruit and yoghurt, but in this really cold weather, it's just not enough! So I boiled up some Quinoa with a spoon of sweetener, left it to cool overnight and then mixed it with a mullerlight and some fresh fruit in the morning - a bit like cold, slightly grainy porridge, but it did the trick and kept me full until lunchtime! My consultant has checked with head office and it's not classed as a cheat or a tweak, so it's a free breakfast, and it means I can still have my cereal bar to curb those evening munchies! :D
Oh wow! Genius! I'm a bit of a porridge addict - this is totally worth a go as I sometimes resent having to use a HExB for such a tiny bowl of breakfast food! .... but I need oodles of willpower to not pick up the porridge in the morning :/

Oh wow! Genius! I'm a bit of a porridge addict - this is totally worth a go as I sometimes resent having to use a HExB for such a tiny bowl of breakfast food! .... but I need oodles of willpower to not pick up the porridge in the morning :/

Hi slush puppy - I have to say I'm really impressed with it. It smells a bit when it's cooking, so I thought I wasn't going to like it, but it just tastes a bit like magic porridge. My favourite combinations are with mango and passionfruit mullerlight and fresh pineapple, or with cherry mullerlight and mixed berries - yum and really filling. It's also easy to put in a tupperware and take to work on the days I need to be somewhere early! x

Lost 0.5lb this morning. A bit disappointed, but a loss is a loss! Think last Saturday's curry blow-out will be the main culprit...

So, 8lbs to go to target and I'm starting to give some thought to what to do when I get there. Ideally I'd like to lose more - maybe lower it by 7lbs or so, but I also know that I need to learn to maintain, so thinking about trying to stay there for a while and then lower it later. Decisions, decisions! :)

Sorry guys - I've been AWOL for no good reason, apart from feeling very sorry for myself! :eek:

I had a completely unexpected (and undeserved!) 3lb gain and then just lost it a bit and completely sabotaged myself, so I put on another 1lb. Got back on track and lost 2.5lbs last week. WI this morning and hoping for another loss to take me back to where I was, or even below... wish me luck!

The only think I could point a finger at for the gain was the fact I'd had Quinoa for breakfast pretty much every day, with my fruit and yoghurt. So I've cut it out again, which is a shame, as it really filled me up until lunchtime, but it seems to have done the trick.

I'll update my stats after WI...

Good luck for weigh in babes xx sometimes we all go off plan, you have got back on it again and that is the main thing x

Thanks Elle, I know you're right and I'm pleased to have got back on track!

Happy to report in with another 2.5lbs loss, so that's 5lbs in 2 weeks (after putting 4lbs on in the two weeks before that). I'm now down to my lowest weight for more than two years and only 7lbs from my target.

Just need to stay focused now, as I'm determined to be at or below my target for my holiday in July. Sounds easy to lose half a stone in 4 months, but it's proved darned difficult in the past 4 months, so I'm not counting any chickens! :D

Grrr! Things are not going well - again! Managed to put 1lb on this week, despite being 100% on plan for six days out of seven. I need to have a good think about how I get to target, think I will go back and look at my diary entries from last time round to see what I was eating!

I'm trying not to get too hung up on it - after all, I'm 5.5 stone better off than I was this time 4 years ago - and I know I'm never going to go back there!

You prefer green don't you? Maybe you need to have a good run of that again? Or mix up your HEXB? Do the scan bran challenge? I saw on another thread snack on veg not fruit?

Back