Downsides to losing lots of weight.

You used to be able to go to "singles" night at my local Asda cos they reckoned it was easy to get chatting over the broccoli....or something.

I never had the courage to go - I don't think having 3 screaming bratz hanging onto me pinny would have been very sexually alluring, somehow!
love

Now this is true.

I have been shopping at Tescos on a Friday night (since losing most of the weight) and been winked at and chatted to by the same woman. I wasn't wearing my wedding ring (because my fingers had shrunk and it was/is too big).

The first time was indeed not too far away from the broccoli and about 5 minutes later the same woman started asking me questions about chicken. I (being an innocent boy with no life experience;) ) thought she was actually talking about chicken until the conversation quickly moved on to how often I shopped there and do I live local. Now granted, if there wasn't a Mrs Brad I would have been down the drinks aisle (back of the shop) no bother, she was a very pleasant lady and rather flatteringly considerably younger than me . But there is only one woman for me, so I made my excuses and left - without the milk - which I then picked up at the local garage on my way home hehe.

The fact is, I was later informed that early Friday night is a bit of a singles bash in that Tesco's anyway.

I have been back every Friday for two months, purely for research you understand, but alas despite hovering by the frozen pizzas, she has not returned. (joking) :D :D

Back