DR advice

blodwen

Hi all just wodering if anyone Has COPD ( a chest condition) as my mum has it along with type 2 diabetes, she is very over weight and after seeing me do so well she wants to try LT too, she has been doing WW and only losin 1 or 2lb a week or staying the same, losing weight would make her condition so much easier but when she asked her doctor about it he suggested she didn't do it, (he doesn't believe in this type of diet, its easy for him to say) I'm sure I saw someone on here say their diabetes had gone and they had stopped using their sleep ap' machine, any advice welcome.

Hi Blodwen, it was me who had diabetes and sleep apnea, and high blood pressure!! Yes, all of these conditions have cleared up. I thought I would have to really persuade my GP, but he said do anything as long as you get the weight off - since then he has been really thrilled at the result. I was all prepared to say I was going to do it anyway ! I suggest she finds a pharmacist and let them battle it out with the doctor! Only problem is I had to stop all diabetic drugs, so maybe she will have to make promises to see him often or ask him to let her at least try it for a few weeks.
I hope she is successful, I know she will feel heaps better, as I do.
Best wishes.

Thanks Annes, thought I had seen it somewhere, well done by the way, she is at the end of her tether(not sure if u spell it like that) normally this Dr is brill, i can understand it as when she was diagnosed with s/ap the heart Dr told her to starve herself for 2 days then go on a very low cal diet, I'm going to tell her to try the pharmatist and maybee one of her other Drs, thanks for you quick reply Keep up the brill work!!

Back