dr. Dukan at BBC Breakfast

Mirjam

Never Ever Give Up!
According to the Dukan FB page, DR. D will be at BBC breakfast tomorrow morning. He will be on at 8 am.

awh I'd have liked to hear him speak English...

just switched on & he's not on until 8.45am
now ahhh.. will have to catch it on the iplayer! or maybe the BBC news site will have a clip of it?

Yeah I'm gonna miss it too have to take boys to school arghhhhhhhhhhh

I have sky+-ed it so that I can watch it when I come home :)
Maybe they will put it on the Dukan diet FB page?

Yeah I hope so or some kind person may put a link on here ;) damn them changing the schedule xxx

I saw it and was absolutely fuming at the way they made the diet look. They had done little or no research and made out that you could only eat beef, chicken and fish for 10 days, there was no mention of dairy or oatbran. Dr Dukan tried to explain the diet but being french it was difficult for him to articulate what he wanted to say and he had very little chance to say anything

Maybe we should send an email to the BBC news , what's it called, have your say or something that airs on Saturday morning so that we can complain about how the diet has been projected on tv? Haven't seen it yet, will have to wait till I come home this afternoon.

Recorded it & watching it now! I feel sorry for him.. he's trying to explain himself and it's like they're guiding him to say the wrong things!

oooh I hate interviewers who do that, preferring the sound of their own voice to those they're supposedly interviewing!

I just watched the Interview and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Not the interviewers but (of course) the nutritionist said that Dukan is not a balanced diet because they want you to eat, fruit, starch, carbs etc. Dr. D explained that the longest you would be without bread (grains) would be about 4 months. He did however not mention that we do eat grains, in this case oat bran, as he might not know what grains mean. Well, we know better than the stupid nutritionist don't we? Gooooooooo Dr. D!

In French, he comes across as really kind, gentle and understanding... did that come across in English?

Yes, he did. I thought it was a kinda nice grandpa type. I love the way he speaks English, like Rene from Allo Allo :) He's a charming and handsome man I think.... But I think Michel Roux jr. Is mega hot too :D

Boooo can't find it on iPlayer :( Breakfast programme is 'not available', or am I looking in the wrong place?

The media will always be down on diets like this - they label them as 'faddy' - but the results speak for themselves - and they always seem to miss the point that we HAVE to eat our oat bran EVERY day!! So there are some carbs in it - plus every other day ha veggies on cruise - again more carbs and fibre. Be interesting to know how many of the TV presenters we see follow a VLCD as well........bet most of them do at some point - a well as getting 'work' done!

I thought he came across well, but the diet was portrayed badly (surprise, surprise), with a lot of crucial points missing (e.g., oatbran!) hey ho, it's another bit of publicity & I'm sure we'll see a few new joiners on the forums as a result...

I often smile when I read negative criticism about this or any diet come to that. If I were to type out a typical day of my food intake when NOT on a diet, THEN they'd have the right to criticise. Critics fail to take into account that we didn't get overweight eating too much healthy food ;)

Back