Drag0nfly's journey

Ha ha! Yes, prodding, pinching, measuring hip to waist ratio etc. It can make you a little crazy this weight loss stuff I think. Another thing I've noticed, my wrists are getting skinnier. I'm fastening my watch on the fourth notch now rather than the second.

I was expecting to stay the same this week, or even maybe gain a lb or two, since I've been guzzling sugary cough syrup & throat sweets all week but I'm down another 4lbs, much to my surprise. This brings me down to 17 and a half stone, which is the lowest level I managed to get to the last time I lost weight back in 2008. I was stupid then, I did it mostly by starving myself for 2 or 3 days at a time. It worked for a while but then the losses just stopped. I got to 17 and a half stone and it wouldn't budge any further and of course as soon as I started eating again it piled back on. Not this time, I've never been so determined.

Well done love! :) Hope you're feeling better soon! :)

It probably didn't shift because oyour body was clinging to every calorie to try feed itself, you're definitely doing it the right way now :) xx

Not a good day today diet wise. Been to a charity event tonight in Blackpool (Peter Kay live Q&A...v funny). We went to Harry Ramsdens first and their menu is the least SW friendly menu in the world ever so I didn't even try. Wine as well. Probably about 387 syns or something :O

Will have to be good tomorrow.

Only 1lb off this week which isn't surprising given what I consumed on Saturday. Still, a loss is a loss.

I've had a bit of a wardrobe clear out, got rid of stuff that doesn't fit me anymore. I'm starting to run out of clothes now. I only had stuff stashed in the loft down to the size I am now, I'm moving into unchartered territory now. The new winter coat I bought last year is too big now, which is slightly annoying. I'll have to start getting some new clobber but I really don't want to spend much. Any suggestions?

Only 1lb off this week which isn't surprising given what I consumed on Saturday. Still, a loss is a loss.

I've had a bit of a wardrobe clear out, got rid of stuff that doesn't fit me anymore. I'm starting to run out of clothes now. I only had stuff stashed in the loft down to the size I am now, I'm moving into unchartered territory now. The new winter coat I bought last year is too big now, which is slightly annoying. I'll have to start getting some new clobber but I really don't want to spend much. Any suggestions?

A lot of people seem to buy stuff on eBay - I've never really done it myself, but you can get some nice stuff at reasonable prices. Or maybe charity shops? :) xx

eBay is great.
Have you tried George at Asda - they go up
to 24. And some stuff as cheap as chips!!

eBay is great.
Have you tried George at Asda - they go up
to 24. And some stuff as cheap as chips!!

I don't often go to Asda as our local one is always packed and I can't stand busy shops, but I think I could cope with it long enough to look at the clothes so I'll give it a try. I'll have to...my pyjama bottoms fell down tonight :ashamed0005:

I've sold a fair few bits of my oversized clothes on ebay with varying levels of success. Evans, Simply Be and Yours sell really well.

If you sell them, make sure you take the measurements for chest/length (and write 'longline' in the title if they're over about 31/32 inches long because that brings more bidders too.) - saves all the 'what's the chest/length etc' emails and if it's all there and written down people will bid there and then rather than ask and forget to come back and bid.

I did think about selling some of my clobber on ebay, especially since some of it has hardly been worn, but honestly ebay is such a chore these days. I seem to get nothing but timewasters and people with no scruples and/or no common sense. I once sold a blouse on ebay and the seller demanded a refund because it didn't match the skirt she wanted to wear it with. Seriously. I replied politely that I wasn't M&S, but she neg'd me anyway, called me a selfish moneygrabber. So I decided to put my stuff in the charity shop bag instead. You don't often see plus size stuff in charity shops so hopefully it'll be useful to someone.

So the thread I started this afternoon has been deleted because it linked to some website that has committed a dreadful faux pas at some point. At least admin PMd me to let me know why. However the upshot is that once a week I'll be checking said website and posting back here with my result and nobody will know what I'm talking about. Well actually, caz78 will. She's 9 salamis and I'm 55 hammers at the moment :D

I'm trying so hard to be good and not be crude but I can't help myself, 9 salami's and 55 hammers sounds so rude :8855:Hubby said it's just my dirty mind:eek:

Caz x

ha ha - er, no comment;) x

-3lbs for me this week, very happy with that, takes me to 68lbs lost so far (2570 x iPhone 5s).

I've got a day off work today but loads to do round the house, long muddy walk with the dog first (if I can drag myself of the sofa, it looks cold out there today).

well done dragonfly thats a great loss x x

Well done hun on your overall weight loss and your 3lbs loss too. I am doing SW too :) xxx

A big milestone for me yesterday....I've lost 5 stone now :bliss:

Still very much overweight and a long way to go but I'm the lightest I've been for fifteen years and over the moon about it.

I celebrated with a pizza last night. Scoffed the whole thing. The first pizza I've had in four months. No doubt I'll pay for that at my next weigh in but it was worth it ;)

Thanks to everyone on here who has helped me along the way x

Back