Drag0nfly's journey

I think I remember reading somewhere that cramps can be caused by a lack of salt? Hmm maybe I'll google it to be sure - but one thing is clear, it's blooming awful and nothing gets me out bed faster! :)

Well I'm astonished by this week's weigh in. So much so that I weighed myself four times to check I wasn't reading it wrong. According to the scales I've lost 11lbs since last week. After staying the same the week before, I've suddenly dropped 11lbs. I can only attribute this to the regular visits from the poo fairy I've had this week.

Obviously I'm chuffed with this, but I think it just reinforces my belief that we shouldn't give that much credence to what the scales are telling us on any particular day.

Wow! Thats an amazing loss, just make sure that poo fairy leaves nothing under your pillow, lol ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Great loss Dragonfly your doing really well!

Audrey x

Hi Kally. I'm fine thanks. Sorry I've been really busy over the last couple of weeks so I've not really had time to keep up with reading/updating here. I've got a couple of hours to myself this afternoon so I'll make a brew and catch up with everyone's diaries.

I stayed the same at my weigh in last Monday. V odd. I stayed the same a couple of weeks ago, then lost 11lbs the next week, then stayed the same the next week. I can't figure it out. I'm not trying to either, as long as the overall trend is downwards :)

A slightly strange thing occurred today. We'd been to visit my father in law at his new house in Wales, I'd had nothing to eat since breakfast so when we stopped at a petrol station I bought a Nakd bar. I've never tried one before but I know other SWers rave about them and it was about the most SW friendly snack I could pick up. It was a cocoa orange one. I can see why people rave about them, it tasted very much like chocolate but the strange this is that I didn't like it. I disliked it so much I only ate 2 bites. I used to love chocolate but I cut it out completely when I joined SW so I've not had any chocolate at all for nearly 3 months. Is it possible my tastes have changed so much in the space of 3 months? I couldn't bear the taste of it in my mouth, wanted to brush my teeth to get rid of it.

I can vouch for that Dragonfly... Years ago I went on a very strict diet and, like you, I cut out anything sweet and after about 6-8 months I ate a bit of chocolate swiss role and was nearly sick afterwards. It is amazing how we can change our eating habits if we really want to... trouble is I find chocolate soo comforting when I'm feeling rather down... most probably the same as a lot of peeps.

Hope you enjoyed your visit to see your dad anyway.

I agree totally lovely. I don't use salt now aside from the rare occasions I make a pizza base or bread. When I eat anything salty - or that is pre-made (like pub food/takeaway/ready meal - anything really) it's SO salty where as I never noticed before!

I'm surprised by how little I miss chocolate. I've not craved it at all, not even come close to having any.

I think you must both be right about how easily our eating habits can change. Who'd have thought I'd ever look forward to bran flakes? I'm enjoying my food so much now that I'm not sure I'd go back to eating cr@p even if someone invented calorie free cr@p.

And I think that's why I'm more relaxed about it all now that I'm a good few weeks into it. I was a bit too much focused on what the scales said at first. But I know now that I can do this long term, as I'm not craving cr@p at all, and I can't possibly stay this weight if I carry on eating the way I am now. I stayed the same last week and lost 1lb at this week's weigh in. So that's 1lb in a fortnight and to quote Cheryl's new song (which I absolutely love by the way)...I don't care. I'm way ahead of where I thought I'd be at this stage, I was hoping to get down to 19st by December and I'm past that already.

Why didn't I try Slimming World sooner? All those years wasted.

But I know now that I can do this long term, as I'm not craving cr@p at all, and I can't possibly stay this weight if I carry on eating the way I am now. I stayed the same last week and lost 1lb at this week's weigh in. So that's 1lb in a fortnight and to quote Cheryl's new song (which I absolutely love by the way)...I don't care. I'm way ahead of where I thought I'd be at this stage, I was hoping to get down to 19st by December and I'm past that already.

Why didn't I try Slimming World sooner? All those years wasted.

Just had to quote that bit ^^

That is an achivement in itself. Well done gorgeous! :) x

Another stupidly busy week left me with little time to read/update here. I'm a bit annoyed with myself, I wanted this to be a diary, something I could read through when I hit an obstacle on my journey. I guess it's partly because I don't have much to say, nothing much changes from one day to the next. It still helps me to read how everyone else is doing though.

I lost 5lbs at this week's weigh in and got my 4 stone award :)

Yet another trip to the vet this morning, will hopefully get biopsy results on my dog's ex-lump, then I'm working till about 8 so that's another day taken care of.

4st in 3 months - what a LEGEND!!

Back