Drag0nfly's journey

Thanks ladies. Doggy is blissfully unaware, no idea what all the fuss is about. He's having extra cuddles today though.

I'm honestly amazed that I've managed to drop 4 stone already. I've obviously just found the diet that's right for me, after many years of failure.

As happy as I am with my weight loss I've decided I need a kick up the arse today. I've been so busy the last few weeks that I'm not eating the stuff I'm supposed to eat on SW. I'm regularly not having both my HEXs and I know I'm not eating enough syns. I keep promising that tomorrow I'll find the time but inevitably it gets to 1 or 2 o'clock in the afternoon and I've not eaten anything at all. Today it was 3 o'clock before I had anything and I've not had my HEXB again. I'm working too much, not sleeping enough and I'm starting to pay for it. I've had a cough all week and it's keeping me awake at night. I'm starting to feel run down and I need to get a grip of myself. Tomorrow will be my first full day off for three weeks...

I AM GOING TO HAVE A LIE IN. I AM GOING TO HAVE BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND TEA. I AM GOING TO EAT MY HEXA, HEXB AND AT LEAST 5 SYNS. I AM GOING TO SPEND THE AFTERNOON ON THE SOFA WITH MY KINDLE AND SEVERAL CUPS OF TEA.

Checklist for today:

Lie in - tick (8.15)
Breakfast - tick
Lunch - tick
Tea - tick
HEXA - tick (milk)
HEXB - tick (bran flakes)
At least 5 syns - tick (wine)
Kindle + cup of tea - tick

Last edited:
Another rubbish night's sleep last night, woke up at 4am and couldn't stop coughing so I just got up. I had a half hour doze on the sofa about 6 o'clock but I'm bone tired now. I'm not good when I'm sleep deprived. I get grumpy and whiny.

I lost 3lbs this week, so that's a positive. Just need to get rid of this cough now, I'm fed up with it.

Well done on your loss love. Really hope you feel better soon - nothing as bad as feeling poorly and tired :( xx

Still feeling crummy, not managed to shake off this cough yet but I did get a reasonable night's sleep last night so at least I'm not as tired as I have been for the last week or so.

I wanted to record a couple of milestones today. Nothing major, just stuff that I'd like to record as part of my journey:

1) I have ankles again. Well, ankle bones I mean. They've been absent (hiding) for several years.

2) I'm wearing the pair of jeans I had in mind when I started this journey back in July. They're nothing special but they represent a time in my life when I was happier with my weight. I got them down from the loft yesterday and they fit perfectly. This means I'm down to the weight I was in the summer of 2008, when I last wore these jeans. This makes me so glad I bit the bullet and joined SW. I'd never have managed this on my own.

My next milestone clothes-wise is a green cotton blouse that's in the loft (somewhere!). I bought this approx 18 years ago when I was at my lowest weight (as an adult). Again it's nothing special in itself, but it represents something to me. I reckon I'm still about 3.5 stone off fitting into it but it'll probably take me about 6 months to find it in the loft anyway so I've plenty of time!

It's great feeling the bones isn't it! If I lay on my stomach or back in the bath I can feel my ribs :D And I also have collarbones that I randomly grope at various points :D *gropes you too* ;) :D

Well done lovely! I'm so glad your jeans fit you - that's a hell of a motivation boost in itself! :) Well done!!!! Fingers crossed for the blouse! :)

Well done dragonfly. Great to see your progress.
I am also enjoying getting shape back to my body, and meeting some of my bony bits again for the first time in a veeeerry long time x

Back