Dreading christmas!

. . . This time next year when we're all wearing festive gold hot pants we'll look back at all of this and laugh :D

Please may I be excused the hot pants? My legs never were anything to get excited about and at 62 (next week) I think it is kinder to everyone else if I cover them up! :eek:

Nearly two weeks ago I reached 1 1/2 stone mark. I know that I wont make 2 stone by Christmas, so I decided to give myself a break. Not off plan, but off pressure. I decided that anything I lost between then and Christmas, I would be happy to put back on by New Year.

So my plan is.......

For Christmas/Boxing Day, I plan to be as good as I can (although not necessarily as good as I should be!).

As long as by the first WI of the New Year, I have still lost 1 1/2 st I will be perfectly happy and ready to take on 2010 !!!!

It's the build-up as much as they day itself which is a bugger. In fact it can be worse because you can't prepare for every time someone unexpectedly tries to lure you onto the dark side (samples in supermarkets / friends / collegues / etc). And all these flippin' 'obligation' meals. I rarely eat out with my OH any more as I am more in control if I cook something yummy. This week I have school christmas dinner with my class (would much prefer to have some peace in the staffroom and eat my lovely Butternut Soup), and tomorrow night bowling and a meal with colleagues. I can think of a million places I'd rather be than that! AND I've eaten at that bowling alley before. ICK! I've chosen tuna steak with tomato sauce, fresh veg and jacket potato, and will ask them not to put butter on it. Hopefully they will listen. If not, then no flippin' tip. Thankfully they wanted 24 hour notice if anyone wants a desert, so my willpower will be aided on that score!

I HATE CHRISTMAS!

im working 12 hr shifts xmas eve and nye so those two will be ok, im going to have what i like on xmas day, boxing day and new years day, but as my main meals will be roast meats pots and veg or cold meats pots and salad it'll be extra easy with extras lol im also going to have that baileys/after 8 etc and just make sure i enjoy it, and avoid eating those things that u dont really want or enjoy but just pick at "coz its xmas" then get back on to plan when those key days are over, life is for living. theres no point spending all this time and effort trying to be slim and then not being able to enjoy anything- its about trying to be normal and learn normal moderation. and normal= some xmas scoffing!

Back