Dreading christmas!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by pizzle84, 8 December 2009 Social URL.

1. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    At christmas i CANT go without my gravy, bread sauce, sticky gooey pudding, nibbles and sweets.........im going to try to reduce my normal christmas intake but i dont think i have any will power (i actually know i have zero will power!) How is everyone else going to get through christmas??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SandraEly

SandraEly Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(33.53%)
    Diet:
    done them all - now going to suceed with LL
    I am dreading christmas too, I have decided to just have what I want on the 25th and keep to my plan on all the other days x This weight loss is going to ba a life long thing so I need to factor in special occasions now, as there will always be something but not every day or week, I thibk it is about planning and making the right choices

4. Harry'sMom07

Harry'sMom07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    To be honest, for Christmas day and Boxing day I'm going to have what I fancy. Mainly cos I'm at my parents' and don't want to make a fuss, but also cos it's CHRISTMAS!! There's no way I could forego my mom's roasties done in goose fat (oops!) and trifle.

BUT.... straight back on plan on the Sunday. I have followed the plan absolutely 100% since I started almost 7 weeks ago, so I think I have earned a day or 2 off!

5. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    I'm going to have the works on my Christmas dinner.
    I'm having Christmas Eve, Christmas day, Boxing Day and NYE off plan.
    Hopefully I won't go too mad and I'll be on plan the rest of the time.
    I'll buy lots of nice free food that I don't normally have e.g. smokedsalmon, big prawns, fresh pineapple, proper ham etc and hopefully that'll help me feel like it's a bit different and special.

6. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Im having xmas day off plan, and eating the same as everyone else. Will be sticking to plan the rest of teh time.

7. Nikkiwales

Nikkiwales Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.96%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm going off plan for xmas day and probably boxing day as it will be torture watching bf and son munching away. I can cope any other time but you have to live as well. So i plan to enjoy xmas and not go over board but not deny myself either. Will probably find we can't eat as much as we did coz our tummys have shrunk :D

May also have to have New years day off to as its bf birthday and have people over for a meal.

8. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Sandra, this is exactly how I feel and its one of the reasons I didn't put off starting SW til after christmas, theres always a special occassion around the corner, so if I didn't start now when would I :D

I'm going to be probably boring and say i'm sticking to plan, i've planned what we are going to have so don't feel I am going to miss out, I feel 15 syns will allow me to have an odd chocolate, or bit of pud however, if I do fall off the wagon so be it :D I won't beat myself up, I will just go for an extra long walk the next day for damage limitation.

9. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I posted this last week, but it is my plan for red, amber and green food to help me stick to plan:

Green Food- the stuff I will fill my house with and eat in abundance
    Turkey, chicken drumsticks, prawns, smoked salmon, eggs, cooked and tinned ham, roasted (fry light) parsnips and potatoes, sprouts, carrots, syn free dips, rice salad, spiced cous cous, tangerines, pomegranites, syn free sausages wrapped in trimmed bacon, pickled onions, lean pork mince stuffing, crab, sushi, lamb shanks, 0% greek yoghurt with sugar free caramel syrup, pasta salad, braised red cabbage,

Amber food- HEXs
    10 almonds, 6 cashew nuts, 7 roasted chestnuts, 16 peanuts, 9 hazelnuts, 71g dried apricots, 57g dried figs, 28g brie, 28g stilton, ryvita minis, pagen rolls, 42g camembert, 85g low fat soft cheese, 2 Boursin garlic and herb portions, a baked apple with 1 level tablespoon of mincemeat, 57g reduced fat hummus,

Red food- treats I will allow within syn allowance
    Xmas cake/stollen- 8 syns for 42g
    Mince pie- average 12 each
    Pork pie- 10-15 each
    Dates – 2 syns each
    Quality street- 2 syns each
    Baileys – 4 per 25ml
    Light mayo- 2 syns per tablespoon
    Low fat Christmas pudding- 13 syns per 100g portion
    Low fat custard- 3.5 syns per quarter tin
    Crackers for cheese- average 1.5 each

10. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    CP, this post last time was the push I wanted to plan my menu and write my shopping list, so many thanks :D

11. scouzer

scouzer Want to do it this time!!

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(16.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks CP. I've been on the 100% til X-mas challenge and I will have X-mas day off but after dat I'm straight back on. I don't ant my hard work going to waste!!

Scouzer. X

12. sassie

sassie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm going to my OH's parents on Christmas Eve and not coming back til Boxing Day. Unfortunately thay don't believe in 'low fat' so will have to be off plan for a couple of days. I think my mindset has changed so much though that i'm not going to be eating just for the sake of it... I hope :)

13. debbywebby1970

debbywebby1970 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well, for my breakfasts i will be keeping them SW... probably wont have lunches as dinners are always so big, and for dinners I will eat the traditional dinner (turkey, ham, stuffing, roast potatoes, veg and gravy) and I wont be synning my dinners. I will eat like this for christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day.
    I will probably have 1 pudding and that will be Christmas Day only.
    I dont drink alcohol and I rarely eat chocolate anyway, so I never have any chocolates just for the sake of it anyway.
    I plan on eating lots of vegetable broth, vegs, prawns, lean turkey and ham and stuff like that. So EE it will be, and I will enjoy my 3 days, sticking to SW as much as possible, but not beating myself up about it if I dont. And straight back onto plan 100% the day after boxing day.

14. Hels Bels

Hels Bels Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I say enjoy Christmas and New Year. Just make up for it in other ways. After Christmas Dinner me and my family are all going on a nice long walk. We have the route planned. This will certainly help the digestive system! I think everyone should enjoy the Christmas season, just make sure that you do more exercise than you normally do and maybe it will balance it out!

15. MiniMimi2091

MiniMimi2091 running strictly on fat!

Start Weight:
    13st4.1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.1lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 2
    Come on - Xmas are only once a year!!!! - have a time off!!!

Considering you are 100% on plan before and straight after what damage is it going to make????? Not tham much as you'd be back on track in no time. And at the end of the day this 2-4 extra lbs are not the end of the world - it might add an extra 2 weeks to achieving your goal but I think it's worth it given the chance of properly enjoying your Christmas. xxxx

16. suespain

suespain Loves living in the sun

Start Weight:
    16st10.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(13.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm back to my parents on the 21st for a week. I know what mum is like with food, but have told her no chocolates this year. If she hasn't got any in will stock up on Satsumas/clementines when I get there.

Will be eating my roast dinner and turkey sandwiches as usual, just careful with what else I eat and probably will cut down on the drink a bit.

Back to it again when I get back on the 28th.

17. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

i had a piece of xmas cake the other day, omg so excited i am SO not doing plan on xmas day and boxing day and back on the plan after :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm dreading it!

23/24/25th at the most SW unfriendly house in the country and will not be in control of any meal (except brekkie maybe but it'll be cereal :( ) as I'll be a guest. 26th will be my 'Xmas Day' with my parents and 27th although also with my parents is their 40th Anniversary plus my Mum's Birthday so probably out for dinner (and now scared of even steak & jacket pot after the Weatherspoons syn level!).
    29th we're going to Edinburgh for Hogmanay and we've got a meal out NYE plus a round robin buffet for NYD - we're going with my aunt & uncle to all the neighbours houses in turn for nibbles/party food/snacks! :(

It's looking like a min of 10 days completely off plan and I'm struggling enough as it is :(

20. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Full Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new, I was going to wait till the New Year to start Slimming World but after two people asked me if I was pregnant, I decided not to wait a second later. No wonder they askedme that though as I have never ever been this weight other than when about to give birth!! I will not be on plan Christmas Day or Boxing Day however, I plan to be as good as possible and fill up on fruit and veg. The thread earlier with all food was great, I'll be stocking up on all that!!
    good going everyone!!

21. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh dear, no-one should be "dreading" Christmas. Have fun, enjoy the company of friends and family, count your blessings, don't worry, and get back to the plan immediately afterwards.

The sky will not fall, the world will not come to an end, and all will be well.

22. Esme

Esme Gin and tonic please!

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Absolutely this, Christmas is once a year, enjoy it! Even if you put on we all know now that we can lose it again, and in a healthy, varied and yummy way! I am certainly going to be enjoying myself, keeping to plan when available but I'm not going to refuse anything that I want - pint of Baileys please! - Enjoy Christmas and then look forward to getting back on track 100% afterwards. This time next year when we're all wearing festive gold hot pants we'll look back at all of this and laugh :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.