Dreading my weigh-in today. UPDATE.

MrsN

Silver Member
I'm really anxious about it as I'm sure I've lost barely anything - my scales were the same as pharmacy ones for the last two weeks (initial weigh-in and week 1 loss) and they say I've lost about 1.5lb's this morning. If thats all I've lost I doubt I'll be able to hold back the tears. I know some would say thats still a loss but given that its week 2 and I've so much to lose I was hoping for at least 4or5lb's really. I need the loss cos I'm scared I'll think sod it, its not working for me and decide to do something else (which will ultimately lead to piling on the pounds again!!).
Maybe I'm just being silly.

Last edited:
Hi MrsN I feel your pain! In my first week I only lost 4 ibs and about 10 days in I have only lost 7. I know this isn't to bad and shouldn't be complaining but it is hard seeing everyone's weight loss on here and not feeling a little disappointed. You had an amazing first week so something is working!
The thing that is keeping me going is my inch lost! I measured myself when I started and so far I have lost 4 inches of my waist, an inch of each arm and 2 inches of each thigh. I don't know if this is something you have done, but if you haven't I definitely recomend it! How are you feeling in yourself? I know I have got a lot more energy that I had before. Maybe we should start a slow weight loss thread?! :)
Good luck for today. Keep going because it's all worth it in the end.
T x

Maybe you will lose 2 pounds this week (for whatever reason) but don't be anxious. Hopefully, week 3 will be YOUR week!!! Hang on and don't give up. :)

Yeah, try not to measure it too much in pounds, but also in inches. That could make a lot of difference!
But I know it's hard. My week 2 seems to be going slow for me, and I'm so disappointed because I lost more on food diets!
But again, a lot of people here seem to have a slow week 2 and an amazing week 3.
Stick with it for another week and see how it is then

Thanks guys - thats really good advice about the inches. I didn't measure before I started but think I will do it now and hopefully I'll see some good results there in a few weeks.
My weigh-in is this afternoon so will keep you posted.
I guess having such a good first week doesn't help either does it but i'd told myself i really need to lose 4lb per week on this if I can as I was able to lose 2lb per week on ww previously so i expected the loss on this to be quicker. Doesn't help that for some reason I'm feel ing very emotional today!!!

I know it's a lot easier said than done, but try not to compare your losses with others. Everyone loses at a different rate, but the main thing is, you ARE losing. I would definately measure yourself, as others have suggested, it really does help.
My losses have slowed right down, but on the other hand, I'm now wearing size 12's & 14's so I know I am shrinking even though the scales aren't showing much difference!

Clair x

Also I forgot to add take pics of yourself! I took pics when I started plus one from before when I was nice and slim and I have put them on my kitchen noticeboard.
Sometimes its hard to see yourself and realize you have lost weight ( I've noticed because my trousers are falling down ! ) but it is a good way to keep track of things. I look at the picture and I don't want to be a fat cow anymore- I want to be back to the skinny b**** I used to be!!
Keep us posted! x

MrsN,

I have a weight watchers scale at home, I swear by it. but since I started LT I am obsessed with standing on it.

one week I stood on it and it said I was up 3 (I lost 4 that week)
one week I stood on it and I was the same as last week (down 3)
another week stood on it & I was the same as 3 weeks ago (down 3)

moral of the story, a lot of us weigh at home, I still do it :) but you get weighted in a chemist on a different scales. I have gotten up in the morning scales says I am up 3 and get there to be down 3.

its always going to read different so try to ignore it. Cant wait to see your results.

hope its not getting you down too much.

you are not being silly chick , i wish you all the best for your weigh in today . xxx

I had that feeling a week ago. I only (ONLY) lost 3lbs the week before. And I kept telling myself if it is 3 lbs or less, thats it, I am giving up! I have alot of weight to lose :( so I thought 3 lbs was a slap in the face. But then when I went last week it was 4lbs down. Which is half a stone in 2 weeks. ;) If I was doing ww or any other diet that would probably take me a month. So I have stayed on the lipotrim and have lost 30lbs in 5 weeks to date!!!! Keep with it, come on here and have a moan/rant/whatever. Either way we are heading in the right direction to slimville lol
Good luck with your weigh in XXX

Aw thank you - my scales are ww ones too - hubby says he's going to lock them in the shed or something!!
It is getting me down but hopefully the chemist scales will prove me wrong - thank you for your support; either way i wont give up and if its only a tiny loss I'll just move on from it to the next week.

Aww keep going!! Some fantastic advice up there for you (and others to take). But it's incredibly hard what we're doing, so keep plugging away at it. Give it another week and try to keep positive about it :)

thats the right way to look at it. any loss is a bonus :) and well done to hubby for getting rid of the scales lol

Well after all my stressing and getting upset this morning I've lost 4lb's.
I'm really happy with that as I'd be happy with that every week and I've lost 17lb in 2 weeks which is bloody fantastic!!
thank you so much for all your kind words - note to self, DO NOT STEP ON SCALES AT HOME ANYMORE!!!!

Well done you, and throw the scales out the window lol :0 xx

well done hun, 4lbs is a good loss , i wont be stepping on the scales at home anymore either.. to much stressing when i get back of them lol, glad your feeling alot better now youve had the weigh in! xx

See nothing to worry about! Glad is was OK- and definitely no more scales at home!!!!
T x

Back