Dreamers Exante Experiance...........

thanks for the feedback everyone, been to docs and they agree its the diet, something to do with extra hormones stored in my fat cells, which i been burning hence the release of extra hormones and constatnt period, oh joy!!!!

I came off diet for few days and it seems to have stopped hurray!! but i starting back on diet now doc said it not to worry about too much or if things change, oh and to take a multi vit which i already taking so back on the ketosis train for me.... I still wanna get to target for christmas, so i decided to start exercising now give me a wee extra push!!!

Found this post which supports your statement Mush :D

I think you have taken this viewpoint far too personally. It was clearly not meant as a personal attack. I don't mean that to be unsupportive, I just think you've misread the writer's intentions and am trying to reassure you that it wasn't personal.

I hope you can just forget it and move on.There is loads of support on this forum.

I think it is good to have healthy robust discussion on issues and we should welcome it and not run away from it though.

Sometimes there can be a bit of a victim mentality amongst [me] us on this forum. It is great that people are so supportive and I for one really value that, but I wouldn't want it to be at the cost of straightforward honesty, reality and factual truth. I think it is one of the common problems that we[me] as overweight people share is that we believe things that simply aren't true and construct a world for ourselves in which we believe we can't lose weight for all sorts of reasons that are really just excuses, excuses that keep us overweight and unhappy. So I understand and value the desire for truth. Sometimes we might seriously disagree, but let's always stay friends. Disagreement shouldn't be a deal breaker.

The weekend was horrible horrible horrible!!!:8855:

I cant remember how may times I wanted to give up and stop this diet. I found it so terribly hard. I went to bed last night with the intention of stopping this morning. However I have woken up with a spring in my step determined to continue. Bless my beautiful girls, they made the most gorgeous butterfly cream cakes(sorry to talk about food!) and completely understood that I could not even taste a crumb!!!

Life has to continue in my house whether it be baking cakes or sweetie night. I have to deal with my emotions around food. Unfortunately I do all the cooking!! I would often taste the food which I had made for my little 16mth old boy to check temperature and taste ect, but cant do this now.
Anyway today is Monday, exactly a week on this diet, and I am so pleased with the 7lb weight loss. I am going to stick with it for as long as I can.
Hubby has lost 8lb!! He is really chuffed.
Between us that is 15lbs!!!!:bliss::bliss::bliss:

Good luck to all you fellow dieters!!

Woo \o/ well done Dreamer!

Weekends are just horrible aren't they! I'm fine when at work, but the BF and I, our social life revolves around food.

I'm amazed that you didn't have any cake, that is mental strength right there!

Here's to week 2 and further losses!

M x x

Well done on your loss Dreamer. I have restarted a few times over the last few months and each time I have sucuumbed to the draw of food when I've been cooking for my 5 kids and hubby. FOr some reason, this time I can resist without too much effort. Don't really know why but it is great.
You don''t have too much to lose so you should be able to do it quite quickly, leaving you free to have the odd butterfly bun (and I do mean ONLY the odd one!).
Keep it up and you'll be at goal in no time.

Nice one 'dreamer and Mr Dream. I am trying to do some sort of displacement activity when I get that "can't do this" feeling, (which I think we all get if we're honest) to the extent that I've taken up knitting again :eek: and do a few rows when I feel like I want to eat.

Perhaps you also could find something to do with your mind/hands that would divert your thoughts away from food?

Well done dreamer and yambabe, I had a really difficult week end (my first) too but managed to stick to it, weighed in this morning to find I had lost 6lbs which I was pleased with....then....tonight I fell off the wagon...very distructive.

Thanks for all your world of support. I really do appreciate them.

Doing a vlcd 2nd time round is so much harder than the first. I really enjoyed the counselling sessions when on LL and the meetings kept me really focused. I never cheated once on LL but find myself at the moment wanting to break the rules. I can't stop thinking about FOOD!!!!
The children had lamb last night and I ate a small piece. Admittedly it is full of protein but why can't I just stick to the damn rules!!

I have to stop the obsession with weighing myself every morning. It dictates my mood for the day!! This morning I was half a pound heavier than yesterday. Not going for the weigh in until Friday. I can't wait till Monday as I still need to see the scales going down to give me incentive to carry on.

I definately think that the bars take you out of ketosis!! I'm going to try and save it until the last meal so that If I feel hungry it will be when I am asleep.

I staggered my shake yesterday. I had half at about 11am then the other half at 2.30pm. I generally eat the soup with the children when they are having their dinner.

Roll on day 9!
Justgina you deserve a medal having to cook for FIVE children!! wow!!!
Well done Yambabe for starting the Knitting. Great idea!! Think I am going to sort out the kitchen cupboards to keep me busy!!.
Dawniesvan.....Today is a new day...forget about yesterday and concentrate on having a "stick by the rules" kind of day. You can't beat yourself up over eating. Don't give up!!!! We can all do this with help from minimins!!!

Update on Hubby......He is still sticking with the diet although suffering from an upset tummy. He also suffers from ulcerative colitis so therefore has to be really careful with the type of foods he eats. I don't think that this diet is agreeing with him too much.

Good Luck everyone!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Every day, every day I read Yambabe's posts I find myself saying, I'm doing that too, it's getting a bit embarassing..... but I started knitting again last week too !!

I like the idea of "displacement" activity, and what is it we are displacing ? our fat, hopefully.

Gina you have definitely got your head screwed on, maybe without the groups and wit ha busy family you just aren't quite taking the time out you need to really focus that last 2% to make it through 100%. That is the helpful thing about groups, but I agree with you that once you've done the examining and know the theory you have to go it alone sometime. I think maybe just taking it one day at a time for a few days will help to get back into the habit of abstinence. I hope so, that's what I 'm trying anyway.
I said I wasn't going to but I weighed myself again this morning, think perhaps I'll stick a post it on them to remind myself tomorrow.
Good luck everyone, it is all worth it. I am gonna focus on one day at a time starting from today on the run up to the weekend so that I will be deep deep into ketosis come the weekend.[ Has anyone else got pancake day lurking in the back of their mind and predicting a lapse, I find these dates undermine my resolve weeks ahead of the actual date, I need to think, stomach, flat as a pancake, stomach !!]

Tummy Tamer, You are so right one day at a time!! You have done so well already loosing 66lbs!! and your BMI has gone down drastically!!! You should feel very proud of yourself!!
You will definately get to goal! Just think of those warm sunny days when you can feel comfortable and happy in your new slim body!! It is just around the corner and almost in sight!!
We are not alone though we have each other on here to help. This site helped me tremendously in 2006.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Stardreamer, just wanted to say well done so far! Keep it up!!! :D Nice diary btw, was a good read :eek: x

Oh no
I sincerely hope there are no dodgy hormones waiting to be released in my fat !!!

I think peoples attitude to food is different

I don't have much emotional attachment to it really
although my inner child is still addicted to sweets

I tend to get single minded and go all out when I diet (really diet) so I am blinkered
last time I was out running 6 miles 3-4 times a week at my thinnest
no great saga made me start eating again
I just did
maybe a look into the root cause of the relationship with food would be a good idea?

Thanks dreamer, had a much better day today, banished the guilt and just getting on with it, need to order some Keto stix so i know where I am as I feel hungry all the time. I have been having a bar every day and 2 shakes or soups in one go at night when I am most hungry, do you think that could be the reason?

Back