Dreaming about eating?! *food mentioned*

YoyoEm

Hi,
The last two nights I have drempt about having a pig out. Not a major one, but Thursday night I drempt I had some chocolate and thought I'd blown it, then last night I drempt about having something else tho I can't fully remember what?!
Both mornings I have woken up so relieved that I was only dreaming while patting my empty stomach.
Do you think this is a bad sign? Does anyone else have these sort or dreams? Maybe because I am nearing the end of SS my mind is drifting towards food...
Em x

I think it is a sign that it is on your mind rather than a bad sign.
You are several weeks in and doing fabulously well...don't worry about dreaming about food, we all do it. x x

I'm actually borderline ashamed to admit, I used to dream about food and then wake up in a panic patting my stomach. Then I had to lie there and think, "wait a minute I never ever made a 6 foot tall jelly baby in my life, never mind last night".

Now I wake up running my hands over my emerging ribcage and hip bones. Not as pro-ana as that sounds, but I love waking up in the morning feeling flat!

I get this most nights lol i dream i pig out and wake up panicking thinking ive ruined it all. Then i realise its just a dream :D It keeps me on track cos in my dreams im always soooooooooo disappointed and i dont wanna feel that for real. :) dont panick over it :D

"wait a minute I never ever made a 6 foot tall jelly baby in my life, never mind last night".

Oohh...a six foot jelly baby! That sounds yummy!

Anyway, back to the OP...

You could view these dreams in one of two ways.....firstly you could go down the Freudian school of thought which suggests that our dreams are a manifestation of our lives true wishes (which while on this diet may ring true) .....alternatively, you could just put it down to you having food on your mind a lot either consciously or subconsciously...:p

I used to have food dreams all the time, especially when I first started (albeit, not about 6 foot jelly babies unfortunately) I think its perfectly natural!

Cat Bee x

That dream was so wierd, it was a big black JB (Blank ones are my favourite) and it was the size of my hubby. Just standing there in the kitchen and I was pulling off handfuls of it.

Felt a bit sick actually but kept going.

Theres also been the giant pie, and the giant devils food cake.

Never a "normal" one, its always Alice in Wonderland sized proportions.

That dream was so wierd, it was a big black JB (Blank ones are my favourite) and it was the size of my hubby. Just standing there in the kitchen and I was pulling off handfuls of it.

Felt a bit sick actually but kept going.

Theres also been the giant pie, and the giant devils food cake.

Never a "normal" one, its always Alice in Wonderland sized proportions.

Thats so random, and very funny...I think if I had a 6 ft jelly baby, Id be tempted to replace my husband with it...:p:D

Cat Bee x

Not to get too sciencey on you all, but I get this all the time at the mo, and because I study psychology have looked into dreams a lot...

This is what I tell myself about why I'm dreaming about food:
Some people think that dreams are a random activation of parts of the brain at night (to keep our brain stimulated), and depending on which part of the brain is activated, depends on what 'occurs' in our dream. I just think that while on CD, the food bit of our brain is more active (maybe due to signals saying we have an empty tummy!) and so at night this part of the brain is being activated more often. I take it as a good sign, as I'd rather dream 'cheat' than cheat in real life!

Hope I've not just bored the pants off you all!

Hey..
I wouldnt worry to much.. its just a dream.. and i guess its because your thinking about it.. I think about cd all the time.. for the last 14 weeks its been on my mind everyday.. its funny as this week I have had some food in the evening .. and now Im eating it, its not like wow Im eating food.. I think its just because we are not eating it we are thinking about it .. if that makes sense..
xxx

Dieting and food has taken over my life!! lol!
Thanks for your replies - giant jelly babies! haha! :)

Back