Dreaming of the "life after" Exante

fortune_cookie

Night Hawk
:character00100: .. Or nightmares, as you want to see it.
I am sure we all fantasize about the end of this diet, when we'll be exactly where we hoped we will be, at the perfect weight, and free to live a normal life of meals and drinks like the rest of the world. And the dream is quite nice, it involves types of food I will not mention here :ignore: and a normal social life. And than I see quite a few people that say they went through a successful similar diet in the past and now they are back at square one.. and that's the nightmare part..

How do you plan to keep what you've achieved in the future? And people who went through the bad experience of putting it back please advice us on how not to get there..

Well the only thing you can do is not go back to the same bad habits as before that made you gain weight in the first place. It does not mean that you can not enjoy the odd pizza or kebab but you need to learn moderation. Thats where I went wrong I blame it on my age lol. I was only 19 when I lost three stone on cd and went straight back to the student party lifestyle. This time around I feel I'm older and wiser lol it also helps that I tend to work really crap shifts at the moment that I never have the time to go "clubbing" anymore, it's been so long I feel old lol.

I have high hopes for keeping the weight off when I'm at goal. I stopped Exante when I reached a size14 because I thought I'd be happy at that size, and I was for quite a few months, and I ate healthily with the occasional treat a month, but then I wanted to be smaller. I think that if I did that, I can do it again when I reach my new goal. I also weighed myself every week & if I had put on a pound, I'd watch my eating more the next week so I'd be back down by the next.

I think looking at healthy recipes all the way through my time on this diet has really helped - I've familiarised myself with what is good for you, and what is not. It sounds like basic stuff, but it's made me take a step back and readjust my to-be eating habits. I don't just want to be thin, I want to be the healthiest me I can be! :)

I did Lipotrim and then Exante a couple of years ago and lost 4 stone. I was gonna say 'somehow' 20lbs crept back on but that's not true..... it crept back on because I became more sedentary, my intake of rubbish crept up, I started the menopause and lots of things happened that I didn't deal very well with......... I reverted to some of my old habits. Plus, although I lost 4st I wasn't near any goal I'd set. I was healthier and slimmer but I wasn't at a healthy weight. This time will be different because I've acknowledged all that........ I'm prepared mentally not for a lifetime of denial but for a lifetime of eating healthily, being active and having the odd bit of junk. There's a difference and I'm happy that I've finally got a handle on it :D

ooo, good question! I am only a week in and I am thinking (dreaming) about it already - I suppose the 'failure' is fresh in my mind so it is easy to work out where I went wrong! I ignored the fact I am 'allergic' to carbs which means that when I have too many I swell up all over... seriously... all over but especially around my waist!
on a serious note I will be trying to become a Mummy so I have a really really good incentive too keep me on the straight and narrow!

I cook healthier meals now and give less portions to OH and kids. OH has lost about 12lbs since I started the diet through healthy eating and exercise. I kinda give more protein and veg but less carbs now. My DS had a lot of chocies at the cinema today so I said no to pudding, he loves pudding. I will follow WW/SW kinda lifestyle and reduce my portions and exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Divalicious said:
I cook healthier meals now and give less portions to OH and kids. OH has lost about 12lbs since I started the diet through healthy eating and exercise. I kinda give more protein and veg but less carbs now. My DS had a lot of chocies at the cinema today so I said no to pudding, he loves pudding. I will follow WW/SW kinda lifestyle and reduce my portions and exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good point. It makes you far more aware of food and the consequences of eating all the wrong things and too much. But the other bonus is that the more weight you lose the easier it is to exercise. And more fun too.
So the future is a better more balanced and for me alcohol free diet and more exercise to compensates for the delights of food.

GSQ

I know when I was maintaining best I changed carbs from white to brown/granary and ate less processed food including lots of oats (home made muesli bars for brekkie). And I still went out for dinner but that was my treat, I didn't treat myself every night! Also loads of sardines and mackerel and stir fries :D Just a healthier diet really (but my is it more expensive!!) x

I'm at the end of my journey now, starting slimming world today so I'm hoping to keep it off :)

Thanks all, you gave me a lot of good ideas. I started reading about Slimming World, didn't know much about this before. I was thinking to set an interval of "acceptable" for my weight, something within 4 or 5 lb, and whenever the alarm-weight is reached than I stop and go back to the lower limit. Anyway, back on reading about SW :)

Back