Dress size by Christmas?

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Hi all :)

So i started SW on Monday and absolutely loving it! I've just gotten an e-mail from littlewoods and some things are half price until midnight- including two dresses i absolutely love and want for the Christmas season. At the moment Im an 18 in all dresses, sooo would it be too far a stretch to order the 16s?
I know everyone's different and trust me I've seen and replied to these kinds of threads over the years but now Im just so new to SW i don't know how much i could expect to lose.
What do you suggest, i really do love these dresses!

Daisyhappy! said:

So i started SW on Monday and absolutely loving it! I've just gotten an e-mail from littlewoods and some things are half price until midnight- including two dresses i absolutely love and want for the Christmas season. At the moment Im an 18 in all dresses, sooo would it be too far a stretch to order the 16s?
I know everyone's different and trust me I've seen and replied to these kinds of threads over the years but now Im just so new to SW i don't know how much i could expect to lose.

Why not just get them hun and keep looking at them for inspiration. A dress size can be done hun. Follow the plan 100% , add in exercise if you can. X

Thanks a mill for the reply! Yeah i really have to start going to the gym again. Ok going to do it...eeek! This'll really push me because i don't want to be wasting money :)

Daisyhappy! said:
Thanks a mill for the reply! Yeah i really have to start going to the gym again. Ok going to do it...eeek! This'll really push me because i don't want to be wasting money :)

Exactly! Tell ya what. I will join you in the same challenge! I was looking to lose a stone by Xmas which will roughly be a dress size I think! We can keep each other going. Do u have pics of the lovely dresses? X

Oh Yippie yeah Im defo up for that! Yeah let me go find pics and figure out how to attach them. Now keep in mind they're not going to be skimpy or anything! But Im hoping flattering!

Oh how long have you been on SW and how are you finding it??x

Lol that's cool. I've been on slimming world for a year. I have lost 3st 10. It's quite a slow one for me but I prefer it cus it means it'll stay off. I still have a lot more to lose. X

That's brilliant! Im on my phone so i can't see anybody's sigs. I tried to download the pics but cos Im on my phone it won't let me :( just shows up as a big black screen! Well i ordered them anyway so really really have to do well, haven't done much exercise all week so will have to up it now!

Thats such a brill idea, setting the size as a goal rather than weight! I like that!! I have some size 16clothes id love to wear again! Mind if i join you?? =] break out that tape measure ladies! Heheheh

Not at all the more the merrier! Im going to dig out my swim suit and go swimming later have to fit into these dresses i don't want them falling into the land of clothes that don't fit but look pretty in my wardrobe!

Ooo swimming! Thats a brill idea! Oo I thought it was just my wardrobe that was like that lol. Mines coats...I hqve q couple of nice warm winter coats I cant wait to fit into!

Sent from my magic paint brush using invisible paint

Oh same here I've got two gorgeous winter coats that i really hoping wanted to be in this winter but they're size 12 and 14 so that won't happen-there's always next year. Sigh!!

But!!!! By sticking to sw u WILL get there, and those coats will fit =] with abit of time, will power and motivation =] wooo!! Lol

True, to be honest Im loving SW so much that Im no longer in a massive rush to lose the weight immediately!

I'm exactly the same, in fact I've got a wardrobe full of different sized clothes from over the years - I've kept a few of my favourites as motivation. I too have a little black dress hanging up that was too small to zip up about four weeks ago but I'm hoping I can fit into it for Christmas so let's keep each other going!

This is my 6th week and ive never gone hungry and theres so many tasty ideas! Ive done ww a few years ago, but i was never satisfiedl and always felt like i was eating "diet food" if you know what i mean.

Hey northernhelen =] ooo lil black dress!!!!! Thats definatly motivation! =]

How much have you lost in the 6 weeks do you mind me asking?
I really have to get up and out for some exercise!!

I had q sneaky weigh this morning(actual wi is Monday) ans in the 6 weeks I've lost about 25.5lbs =) I do red and green days(Sundays EE) but limit my pasta to a 50g(dry weight) portion coz pasta just seems to make me bloat.

Sent from my magic paint brush using invisible paint

Oh my god that's great a great loss in six weeks!! Im only on Easy at the moment cos our consultant doesn't want us getting confused so early on. I get weighted on Mondays too :) I've gotten my boyfriend to hide the scales tho incase i get disheartened or anything. Really hope Im happy with my weigh in on Monday!x

Once my weight loss drops to 1lb - 0.5lb ill increase exercise, coz ive noticed in the past i dont loose lbs when i exercise i loose inches.

Thats a really good idea to ge the bf to hide them!! If your consultant introduces you to red and green, give it a go =] i think thats why my loses are the way they are because my days are so mixed up. Gotta love abit of variaty lol =]

Fingers crossed for monday!!!! =]

Back