Dress size question?

frumpytosexy

Taking the Scenic Route..
Hey girlies

So im hoping to have lost about 2 n half stone by Xmas. I am currently wearing mostly 16's...
My question iss...if i reach that goal, do you think it would show in dress sizes? Im really hoping not to buy a size 16 xmas day dress. :p
Plus we are all off to Cameroon for Xmas and it will be baking! Kind of hoping i may be a little trimmer for a bikini :eek:

I know everyone is different...but personal experience stories much appreciated ;)

Thank you much xxx

I think you'll definately drop dress sizes with that weight loss because you're not massive to start with. xx

Thanks ild - May of sounded like a silly question, but only experience i have with dress sizes is gaining them :eek:

xx

I know what you mean hun, I'm the same. Since having my daughter I've just got bigger and bigger and this is with trying lot's of different diets! Cameroon, you lucky thing! I would love to go away for xmas but I want to wait till the baby's a bit bigger. We love our holidays and are really missing it this year. xx

Same hun...but onwards and "downwards" aye! ;):p

We will do it this time!

Well think of it this way...next year when you go on holiday, you will be a lot smaller and a lot happier :D So def something to look very forward to!!
xx

Thanks KB i thought as much...
that would be fantastic if i could be a 12 by xmas! :eek::rolleyes::D
Last time i was a 12 i was probably about 14yrs old lol

xx

Thanks KB i thought as much...
that would be fantastic if i could be a 12 by xmas! :eek::rolleyes::D
Last time i was a 12 i was probably about 14yrs old lol

xx

I think last time I was a size 12 was when I was 14 too!!
I'd LOVE to be a size 12.

I'm really jelous about your holiday to Cameroon. :woohoo:

xx

Lol so would i! I can picture myself as a 12...ohh that day the shops will get fed up of me! :p
Yes i cant wait to go Cameroon. Def need to be smaller, as i went Ibiza in June..just me n hubby. Went to the pool once! and the beach - nil. lol I was sooo self concious and unhappy, i dont ever want to feel that way again :mad:

How was your hol hun? xx

I'm pretty sure you would. :)

I did get a bit self conscious on holiday in and around the pool, especially when there was young, slim women around with large boobs! At one point too there was some models around the pool being filmed - this made me feel really ugly.

xxxxx

Hi frumpy2sexy
I'm the same height as you. when I was 128lb I was just aboutr in a size 10. at 163 I was a size 16, at 149lb I am now a size 14. I know we're all different, but at your goal you will definately be a size 10, allow about a stone for each size. Good luck hon xxx

Thanks UK Dancer ;)
Aww Kelly thats awful *hugs* Im certain you didn't look ugly so dont worry hun! even better...those model girls will be you next year :p;)

Thanks a lot for that Little me :D If im the same as you, i wont have lost a dress size intime :( Better be extra good to make sure i do! Gosh ive never been a size 10...sounds like heaven lol :rolleyes:

xxx

Thanks Kiira, id take a 14 sure :rolleyes: lol
Fingers crossed eh?

xxx

Hi, Personally, I dropped a dress size each stone I lost, but everyone is different. I'm sure you won't be wearing a size 16 though!

Clair x

Aww thanks alot Clair, thats very encouraging!
Well done on your super weight loss!! :eek:
I look at losses like yours and can hardly believe it. Hope im a success like you guys one day! :rolleyes:

xxx

You're all so lucky! It takes me 2 stone (ish) to drop a dress size! I think it depends if you carry your weight evenly like being an hourglass - which is a blessing on the way UP and a killer on the way DOWN - it takes longer to drop a dress size. But if you are bigger in any particular place - like being an apple shape where you carry your weight in the middle are, but your limbs are thinner - then you dross dress sizes quicker.

I don't know if that makes sense!

I've lost 5 stone 9lb and have just managed to get into a size 16 from a size 22. I'm hoping to be a 12 when I reach my goal of losing 10 stone. Fingers crossed :)

Good luck with your weight loss and one thing is for sure - you won't be a 16 by Christmas.

Back