Dress size/weight etc

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by snow_white78, 17 November 2008 Social URL.

1. snow_white78

snow_white78 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Someone told me there was about a stone in a dress size and someone else told me about 10lbs is a dress size - how much sense is there in all that??? I think it depends on your height, where you lose it from etc

I was a 14/16 on top and 16/18 when I began and now 15lbs down, am 14 on top and 14/16 (16 in trousers) on bottom.

Keep looking at myself to see where its gone from, and think definitely bum, waist and hips. And face. Not lost any off boobs don't think...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I personally think its diff for everyone... I was prob about 20 when started and Im now wearing a 16 but some of them are getting too big but the weight I am does not go with the size of clothes if that makes sense lol
    xxx

4. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't think there's really correlation between weight and size because i'm a size 16-18 and i weigh currently 14 stone 12...

Yet i know girls who are 12 stone and a size 16...
    But at the same point there was a girl in my old SW class who was 18 stone and a size 16. It's all body shape, muscle and internal fat too.
    My thighs are rock hard and are made of steel (used to do pole dancing) so i know that's where a lot of me weight is... (and on my bum of course haha!!) xx

5. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    I was a 14/16 when I started, now after a 12 pound loss, I'm a size 12 on top but still finding that I'm a size 14 on the bottom... I'm going to be over the moon when I can buy a pair of size 12 jeans! Also it really depends where you buy your clothes... cheaper shops like Primark and H&M I seem to find I have to wear a size bigger than what I usually wear which is annoying.

I even have a black blouse which is a size 20 (and definitely not a a REAL size 20!!) but fitted me perfectly when I was a size 14/16. This sizing thing is crazy!

Last edited: 17 November 2008
  6. VITFA

VITFA Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i started at 14.4 a size 16/18 and now 2stone lighter only just getting comfortably into size 14, i think it all depends on individuals

7. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i'm 5'9" and started as a very tight 24 - realistic 26. i had to shift 2.5 stone before going to a normal 24!!! depressing or what?

8. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I was 18 stone and a 22/24, and at 15 stone I was a 16/18, it totally depends on individual xxx

9. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm 5'4" and when I first started dieting (WW) I was an 18/20 at 15 stone. I'm currently 12 stone and am a 14ish. At my lightest I was 10st4 and a comfy 12.

Like others, I think it totally depends on your body shape and where you carry your weight. Mine is mostly on my belly. I am very, very apple shaped so I struggle with trousers and jeans - they fit my legs but not waist. Hence I usually buy stretchy, empire line dresses!!

When I do lose, it comes off my boobs and thighs and hips but less off my belly. Bah! It will do eventually but I know I'm always going to be that shape and have more weight on my tum.

10. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

at 19st i was a 24/26 at 15.5 i'm a loose 18........lost 10 inches off the bust... but still same cup size.........and 14 inches off my waist...i'm hour glass shape

11. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    When i started sw i was a size22, i have only lost 8lbs and i'm a comfy size 20. I'm 5ft 6 , i think it depends on the individual ie height etc.

12. ldavidson84

ldavidson84 Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree and think it deffo depends on the individual and also were you buy your clothes.
    When i started i was 22/24 comfortable 24 and tight 22 but now after losing 10lbs i fit comfortably in 22 but my jeans from M&S are 24 they were tight when started but fit comfortably now. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.