Dress size/weight etc

snow_white78

Someone told me there was about a stone in a dress size and someone else told me about 10lbs is a dress size - how much sense is there in all that??? I think it depends on your height, where you lose it from etc

I was a 14/16 on top and 16/18 when I began and now 15lbs down, am 14 on top and 14/16 (16 in trousers) on bottom.

Keep looking at myself to see where its gone from, and think definitely bum, waist and hips. And face. Not lost any off boobs don't think...

I personally think its diff for everyone... I was prob about 20 when started and Im now wearing a 16 but some of them are getting too big but the weight I am does not go with the size of clothes if that makes sense lol
xxx

I don't think there's really correlation between weight and size because i'm a size 16-18 and i weigh currently 14 stone 12...

Yet i know girls who are 12 stone and a size 16...
But at the same point there was a girl in my old SW class who was 18 stone and a size 16. It's all body shape, muscle and internal fat too.
My thighs are rock hard and are made of steel (used to do pole dancing) so i know that's where a lot of me weight is... (and on my bum of course haha!!) xx

I was a 14/16 when I started, now after a 12 pound loss, I'm a size 12 on top but still finding that I'm a size 14 on the bottom... I'm going to be over the moon when I can buy a pair of size 12 jeans! Also it really depends where you buy your clothes... cheaper shops like Primark and H&M I seem to find I have to wear a size bigger than what I usually wear which is annoying.

I even have a black blouse which is a size 20 (and definitely not a a REAL size 20!!) but fitted me perfectly when I was a size 14/16. This sizing thing is crazy!

Last edited:
I was 18 stone and a 22/24, and at 15 stone I was a 16/18, it totally depends on individual xxx

I'm 5'4" and when I first started dieting (WW) I was an 18/20 at 15 stone. I'm currently 12 stone and am a 14ish. At my lightest I was 10st4 and a comfy 12.

Like others, I think it totally depends on your body shape and where you carry your weight. Mine is mostly on my belly. I am very, very apple shaped so I struggle with trousers and jeans - they fit my legs but not waist. Hence I usually buy stretchy, empire line dresses!!

When I do lose, it comes off my boobs and thighs and hips but less off my belly. Bah! It will do eventually but I know I'm always going to be that shape and have more weight on my tum.

at 19st i was a 24/26 at 15.5 i'm a loose 18........lost 10 inches off the bust... but still same cup size.........and 14 inches off my waist...i'm hour glass shape

When i started sw i was a size22, i have only lost 8lbs and i'm a comfy size 20. I'm 5ft 6 , i think it depends on the individual ie height etc.

I agree and think it deffo depends on the individual and also were you buy your clothes.
When i started i was 22/24 comfortable 24 and tight 22 but now after losing 10lbs i fit comfortably in 22 but my jeans from M&S are 24 they were tight when started but fit comfortably now. :)

Back