Dress Size?

What dress size are you at current, and what are you aiming for when you reach your target weight??

Me, I'm a Uk 16 top / 18 bottom and hoping to get down to a 10 :eek: :D

I read that you need to lose around 12lbs to drop a dress size, is this true?

Amy x

not entirely sure, english heart. i lost over a stone and i just about went down from an 18 to a 16. i think the bigger you are the harder it is to go down...as in, the more weight you have the more you have to lose to go down a dress size. :)

Not sure if your sizes are the same as ours. 7 years ago when I was in the UK your sizes were one size smaller?

So aiming for a size 10/12 jean and 12/14 top, my top half is always bigger.

BRen
X

i'm aiming for a size 12.. two dress sizes, two stone lol. i dont think i could physically be a size 10, i'm quite big boned and tall.

Elle
I'm also very tall and I train weights at the gym so quite muscly.

5ft 7 and aiming for 65 kilos and I think that will make me a UK size 12/13 jean

X

I'm not really good with weight conversion, I'm 5 ft 10 so I think size 12 will be my limit, I never wanted to be any smaller. Not sure what that is in Australia but i'll trust your thoughts since you lived here aswell! I'd love to come to Australia one day - i've never been before :)

i'm aiming for a size 12.. two dress sizes, two stone lol. i dont think i could physically be a size 10, i'm quite big boned and tall.

I'm going for a 10 but I wouldn't be unhappy with a size 12, at that size my BMI would be normal and I wouldn't consider myself overweight anymore. Then again, I'm 5ft 3" :eek:. (Reasonable) curves are best!! :D

Edit: Apparently, the ideal weight for my height is around 112-119lbs. That's 8 1/2 stones :(

i'm a 20 bottom 18/20 on top. want to be a 14 all over. once i get there i might decide on a 12... we'll see :)

abz xx

I am a 12/14 top and a 14 bottom. I would like to be a 12 all over when I am finished.

Id love to be around a size 14 im a 18 bottoms and 20 top at minute and it not down to me boobs hmmph

Im size 14 mine is mostly round the middle tho and started gettin stretchmarks in quite afew places. i aim to get to size 10 on bottom and 8 on top :) been there before so i know i can do it

I'm going for a 10 but I wouldn't be unhappy with a size 12, at that size my BMI would be normal and I wouldn't consider myself overweight anymore. Then again, I'm 5ft 3" :eek:. (Reasonable) curves are best!! :D

Edit: Apparently, the ideal weight for my height is around 112-119lbs. That's 8 1/2 stones :(

dont worry english heart you'll get there!! :) this sounds a bit ridiculous but i do sometimes wish it was physically possible for me to get to 8 stone, the most my weight can be to be inside my bmi, with me being 5ft 10, is around 12 stone 5lbs, and it's kind of depressing because I see that as a man's ideal weight! This is what the media have done lol. grrrrr

Im size 14 mine is mostly round the middle tho and started gettin stretchmarks in quite afew places. i aim to get to size 10 on bottom and 8 on top :) been there before so i know i can do it

Hi Charisma, welcome on board:)

the media need shot cant say more than that on them

im a 12/14 on top and 14/16 on bottom, im about 5'4 and want to lose about 4 stone. im hoping this will take me to a 10/12 but well see, i dont want to lose my curves!! x

im a 12/14 on top and 14/16 on bottom, im about 5'4 and want to lose about 4 stone. im hoping this will take me to a 10/12 but well see, i dont want to lose my curves!! x

curves are best :cool:

I am 5'7, was a size 10 on the bottom...but now gone back up to a 12:wave_cry:...always been a 12 on top...

but still weigh in at just under 12 stone (now)....:(

so still get told i am over weight :mad:

and yeah on average...loose a stone...drop a full dress size....:eek:

I am 5ft 4" a size 22 bottom, 24 top and would like to get to a 16 top 14/16 bottom. I feel soooo fat compared to everyone else now :cry:

we're all here to get thinner hon. it doesn't matter how you start. it's how you finish that counts :)

abz xx

When I started this I was a 18-20 on top and a 16 on bottom (damn Boobs! LOL!)- BUT I was still a 18-20 all over when I was 17 1/2 stone a few years back- so I don't know if I trust them!?
I'd like to get to a 12 on top and a 12-14 on bottom? I'm currently 16 top and 14 bottom. I'm 5ft 2" and trying to get to 10st 7lbs, my 'healthy' weight is under 9 1/2 stone- but I've NEVER been that- EVER, so if I get to goal and my BMI is still overweight- then so be it!

Back