Dress sizes

Vera wang dress that's too big! Wow. There is one locally (in fact there are two within jumping on a bus distance). I will definitely be giving them a try. No Debenhams anywhere near though. Thanks did the tip Lizz

I think even our Vera needs mass produced clothes to keep her money topped up lol

At least with TK Maxx you have a lot of variety. Any decent shopping centres near you?

Bluewater is nearby. But the thought of it makes me shudder!

I am am going to pop down to tk maxx later today to see what I can find. (It's next to the supermarket so I can buy the hubby's food. Multitasking!)

Hope you get on ok with TK MAxx. I really like that place!

I have been to tk maxx and come out with two dresses, two pairs of shoes and some presents for my nieces. Lots of the dresses were too big (yay!) just hope the ones I bought still look good in two weeks time! Thanks for the tip Lizz.

I have been to tk maxx and come out with two dresses, two pairs of shoes and some presents for my nieces. Lots of the dresses were too big (yay!) just hope the ones I bought still look good in two weeks time! Thanks for the tip Lizz.

Yay that's super hun and happy to be of assistance :)

I do love tk maxx :)

Current loss: 22lbs and 15.5 inches

View attachment 139499 red dress.jpg

Where u posting pics as I can't see any? X

image-4073266402.jpg

image-1280072761.jpg

I really hope it's worked this time. It would work on my phone. So I tried on my computer but it's so old I think it struggles with everything now!

Wow they look amazing and you look super skinny too.
I never have patience for tk max but think when I'm properly a 14 and completely out of a 16 I may have a nosy.
I love both dresses have you for accessories for both? Xx

Thanks Autumn! I feel pretty good. Just a bit more to go for me and then maintenance so I feel up to putting pics of me in a dress on here. Don't think I'd have done that before.

No don't have accessories yet. I basically did a quick sweep of the dress section and headed for the fitting room. Tried 8 on and brought 2 home. I'm generally rubbish with shopping. So I will consider accessories once I've worked up the courage to brave shopping again! Any suggestions gratefully received. I am a jeans and t-shirt girl no matter what size I am. So all help appreciated when trying to dress like a grown up.

Thanks Autumn! I feel pretty good. Just a bit more to go for me and then maintenance so I feel up to putting pics of me in a dress on here. Don't think I'd have done that before. No don't have accessories yet. I basically did a quick sweep of the dress section and headed for the fitting room. Tried 8 on and brought 2 home. I'm generally rubbish with shopping. So I will consider accessories once I've worked up the courage to brave shopping again! Any suggestions gratefully received. I am a jeans and t-shirt girl no matter what size I am. So all help appreciated when trying to dress like a grown up.

Is this for a wedding?
I would say black shoes bag and hair piece would looks great with silver. I wore opposite way round last weekend. And with the red you could go cream nude or black again even. I would say get something you'd wear again to be honest. I'm putting a fascinator on eBay tomorrow ghats silver/grey as I ended up with two by accident haha. With the grey dress you could mix n match the black with silver accessories too as it's one block colour xx

I love love love the silver one hun!!!! Amazing!!!! :) good choice

Thanks for the advice Autumn. I think you're right. I think black with the silver will be great. I tend to go for Claire's accessories for hair things for wedding as I always lose them! But don't mind if it was only a quid.

Thanks Lizz. I'm quite chuffed that I found something with time to spare. Plus as I'm feeling a bit bloated due to totm if it feel right now then in two weeks I know I'll feel good in it. All thanks to your tk maxx suggestion though! Thanks.

Thanks for the advice Autumn. I think you're right. I think black with the silver will be great. I tend to go for Claire's accessories for hair things for wedding as I always lose them! But don't mind if it was only a quid. Thanks Lizz. I'm quite chuffed that I found something with time to spare. Plus as I'm feeling a bit bloated due to totm if it feel right now then in two weeks I know I'll feel good in it. All thanks to your tk maxx suggestion though! Thanks.

You're welcome hun :) happy to help and you'll look amazing at the wedding hun. Very motivating :)

Yes I wanna see a pic on the day with accessories. I took a bag to my wedding last weekend from primark was different silvers and greys would look great with your dress with black shoes and a black clip in hair. Xx

Maybe a trip to Primark is in order then Autumn.

I will be sure to have a full (with head) photograph taken with all the accessories and shoes and post it here!

Back