drinking shakes past their sell by date

ImLosingWeight

I decided to restart on a bit of a whim (generally the best time to start i think! as last time was a bit of a whim) ; someone in my family had some shakes left so I took them, dates are all past some more than others, ive been having ones best before july and they seemed ok - tbh dont love the taste of strawberry or bannana anyway so didnt notice much.

Today i noticed one i had was best before feb! so 10 months out.. i thought not much in these so cant go that bad.. made it and it just tasted really stocky and more plasticky.. that taste that is usually there but it was like 5 x as strong.

I had a cpl mouthfulls and threw it away (so am a bit short now for the day as ive run out till tomorrow morning... poor me...)

but anyway it prompted me to think...

do you think its ok to drink dates with best before passed? what do you think effect is of the best before passing? do you think the nutrients could be damanged or does it just taste worse?

thoughts on a postcard... ;)

I'm having shakes way past their sell by date as I'm also restarting.

I generally go by taste - if they taste roughly like usual that's fine. Some tasted really strongly like cardboard / communion bread - if you know what I mean? and I throw them ones away

I'm restarting and some of my packs are out of date. I guess it's like most things, it won't go bad over night. I'm going to arrange them in date order and work my way through them that way :)

for the last week i have been drinking shakes that went out of date begining of october, luckily they didnt make me ill, and tasted, ok... ish, but its not something i would reccomend lol, everything has a sell by date for a reason right? My new fresh batch arrived this morning so hopefully they taste better!

I drink out of date shakes when I find them (in my room, at my mums, at friends houses etc!!) and I'm still alive and kicking :D
I dont think anything happens to the nutrients...where would they go from a sealed packet?! I think it just affects the taste.

Back