Drinking water

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by TrueBlueAngel, 30 May 2009 Social URL.

1. TrueBlueAngel

TrueBlueAngel I WILL be thin!!

Start Weight:
    10st11.7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm starting CD on Monday and know I have to drink a LOT of water. Now, I hate water, tolerate it if I have to, force it down even, but this is going to be hard for me. I'm a coffee freak really. Can I drink flavoured water or is it just plain old boring water?
    Thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Plain old boring water I'm afraid.You can get CD water flavourings after week 2 so that helps.

4. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I quite like a nice drink of water actually, but the sheer amount is hard some days.
    I use 'sports bottles'...you know, the ones with the sucky cap. I have a 1 litre one of them that I rinse between filling. I know that once I've managed 3 of them I am good for the day. I find it easier drinking from these than a glass for sure. And I prefer water from the fridge too.

5. kerryberry

kerryberry Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.8%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    i also hate water but have found that i feel thirsty whish helps and keep my sports bottle with me all the time and i find that i am slipping at it constantly without realising it i am only on day 4 but i have managed the basic 2.5L i hope i manage to ge more down me

6. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    swap some of your water for peppermint or green tea?

You get used to the water in next to no time. Honestly.

7. Milsey-Girl

Milsey-Girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.05%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm also not a big lover of water and was dreading having to drink loads. However, although today is only my first day, I have found drinking water so easy as I am so much more thirsty than I usually am. I also am drinking it in smaller 'sports' type bottles and from the fridge. I think as the weather is warmer at the moment, it might not be as bad as you think?

8. Shopaholic

Shopaholic is back to finish the job

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.59%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    I like water, but the shear volume is daunting at times. I keep a filter jug in the fridge and keep filling up my glass from that. I drink the water through a straw and that helps me take more of it as I'm not taking in air at the same time. I just constantly sip from the glass... as we aren't getting moisture from regular food we really need to make sure we get the minimum amount of 2.5 l at least.

You'll find that you are constantly thirsty so it won't be too hard to keep drinking. Good luck.

9. mollydog

mollydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Before i started this diet i did not drink water at all, even after drinking on a night out i would choose a diet coke first thing in the morning rather than water. But I really enjoy water now and other than the weight loss i am thankful to CD for making me drink water and now really enjoy it.
    After a few weeks i really felt my skin condition improved considerably with all the water.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.