Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Drinking water

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by TrueBlueAngel, 30 May 2009 Social URL.

1. TrueBlueAngel

TrueBlueAngel I WILL be thin!!

Start Weight:
    10st11.7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm starting CD on Monday and know I have to drink a LOT of water. Now, I hate water, tolerate it if I have to, force it down even, but this is going to be hard for me. I'm a coffee freak really. Can I drink flavoured water or is it just plain old boring water?
    Thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Plain old boring water I'm afraid.You can get CD water flavourings after week 2 so that helps.

4. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I quite like a nice drink of water actually, but the sheer amount is hard some days.
    I use 'sports bottles'...you know, the ones with the sucky cap. I have a 1 litre one of them that I rinse between filling. I know that once I've managed 3 of them I am good for the day. I find it easier drinking from these than a glass for sure. And I prefer water from the fridge too.

5. kerryberry

kerryberry Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.8%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    i also hate water but have found that i feel thirsty whish helps and keep my sports bottle with me all the time and i find that i am slipping at it constantly without realising it i am only on day 4 but i have managed the basic 2.5L i hope i manage to ge more down me

6. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    swap some of your water for peppermint or green tea?

You get used to the water in next to no time. Honestly.

7. Milsey-Girl

Milsey-Girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.05%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm also not a big lover of water and was dreading having to drink loads. However, although today is only my first day, I have found drinking water so easy as I am so much more thirsty than I usually am. I also am drinking it in smaller 'sports' type bottles and from the fridge. I think as the weather is warmer at the moment, it might not be as bad as you think?

8. Shopaholic

Shopaholic is back to finish the job

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.59%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    I like water, but the shear volume is daunting at times. I keep a filter jug in the fridge and keep filling up my glass from that. I drink the water through a straw and that helps me take more of it as I'm not taking in air at the same time. I just constantly sip from the glass... as we aren't getting moisture from regular food we really need to make sure we get the minimum amount of 2.5 l at least.

You'll find that you are constantly thirsty so it won't be too hard to keep drinking. Good luck.

9. mollydog

mollydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Before i started this diet i did not drink water at all, even after drinking on a night out i would choose a diet coke first thing in the morning rather than water. But I really enjoy water now and other than the weight loss i am thankful to CD for making me drink water and now really enjoy it.
    After a few weeks i really felt my skin condition improved considerably with all the water.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.