drinks allowed on a vlcd?

hi. can anyone help me.
i wondered what drinks are available to drink on a vlcd. i was told by my mentor that savory drinks like bollion are allowed but at the weekend the husband brought coconut water. is this allowed? he siad it woud help with constipation etc and said it should be allowed as only ingredient in it is coconuts

also are any gums/ mins allowed? would help with pongy breath and i don't like artificial taste of sprays

thank you

wonkeydonkey said:
hi. can anyone help me.
i wondered what drinks are available to drink on a vlcd. i was told by my mentor that savory drinks like bollion are allowed but at the weekend the husband brought coconut water. is this allowed? he siad it woud help with constipation etc and said it should be allowed as only ingredient in it is coconuts

also are any gums/ mins allowed? would help with pongy breath and i don't like artificial taste of sprays

thank you

I doubt that coconut water is allowed - coconut is very high in calories. Personally whilst I was losing weight I drank water, fizzy water and coffee. I also had bullion - but a max of 2 teaspoons a day. There are a few other drinks you can have without knocking you out of ketosis but I would suggest that you stick to the basics and avoid those diet sodas which are ok - they're full of nasty chemicals! You should be able to contact your diet company and ask them what's ok.

Back