Drinks from pub..

Beckyftwx

Silver Member
If going for a drink at the pub, for soft drinks and alcoholic, I have a problem I do not like diet coke. Most pubs I go to dont sell diet lemo which is a shame, so Im stuck for which drink to go for other than water ha!

Hmm, I normally have wine I think it's 6 Syns for a small glass. I used to drink Magners but it's something silly like 12 Syns a bottle. I'd maybe go for it if I knew I was only having one!

The only other mixer I can think of is slimline tonic. I wouldn't know If pubs usually have it or not though.

What about lime and soda? Not sure how many Syns would be in a pub measure of lime cordial, but soda is free, so can't imagine it being too high a drink - better than an alcoholic drink anyway.

I've developed a taste for slimline tonic x

i struggle with this too cos if i have too much caffeine in the evening then I can't sleep for hours! I like diet coke but don't want to drink too much of it, everything else has syns! I often end up drinking tap water! But i can't do this too muh, they don't like it in pubs if its all you drink lol

i have soda water with a slice of lemon and it's free....in all senses of the word!

Wow - you must go to a good pub if they give you the soda water and lemon free - when we ran a pub we were charged (by the brewery) for soda and lemons were not cheap. ;)

Wow - you must go to a good pub if they give you the soda water and lemon free - when we ran a pub we were charged (by the brewery) for soda and lemons were not cheap. ;)

Well I went to two bars yesterday, one a Conservative Club (it's a venue for an even not my political stance), and then a Crown Carvery and didn't pay in either!

i struggle with this too cos if i have too much caffeine in the evening then I can't sleep for hours! I like diet coke but don't want to drink too much of it, everything else has syns! I often end up drinking tap water! But i can't do this too muh, they don't like it in pubs if its all you drink lol

I'm the same if I drink too much coke
:rolleyes:

I have the same problem as I can't drink alcohol or caffeine due to health reasons. I tend to have lime & soda, sparkling water or slimline tonic. I get bored of this after a while though so tend to dread going to pubs. Would be nice if they had more diet drinks on offer.

Back