Drinks On CD

Bijoux

Fat Fighter
I will be starting CD on Monday and I will be meeting my CD on Sunday evening so won't have enough time to get everything I will need for the week. I just wanted to know what sort of drinks other than water that you are allowed to have. I also read somewhere that you are not meant to have anything citric so I was wondering whether I could still have green lemon tea as I love it and have lots in the house.

I think if I have a variety of drinks then the diet will be much easier until ketosis sets in. Thanks.

Hi I dont think you can have green Lemon tea,as youre not allowed lemon on cd,I read on another thread you can have green tea and peppermint tea,you can have coffee and normal tea but unless youre doing ss+ with the milk they have to be black,I have banana tetra in my coffee thats nice or you can add the vanilla shake
xx

Thanks for replying. Am not a big fan of coffee so it will be mainly the teas. What about the fruity teas like strawberry?

No, afraid not no Strawberry or fruity teas because they do not list the Kcal content ot full list of ingredients. Also fruit contains lots of sugars, citric acid etc which can prevent you getting into Ketosis.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I drink plenty of fizzy water, a can of Coke Zero (1 only a day though), coffee, peppermint tea, green tea and once I'm in Ketosis I have the water flavourings.

Good luck! x

I *think* you can only drink leaf teas, not fruit. I stick to mint, green and mint green tea which did take some getting used to as I like lemon tea and diet coke but your taste buds change and it gets easier

Nina

it is just leafy teas, yeah. but these are on top of the water allowance for the day. so 2.25litres of pure water, then tea, coffee etc on top of that. after week two you can use the water flavourings, which i tend to have hot, the summer berry one hot is very much like a fruit tea.

no fizzy or no cal drinks until you are higher up the plans. and some people have the odd cup of bouillon which is a veg stock. i do that to get me through the day sometimes and it's lovely :)

hope that helps. good luck :D

abz xx

What about fruit leaf teas? I've got a box of Raspberry leaf tea left over from when I was pregnant and i've had a look at the ingredients and there's no added sugar or anything like that?

it is just leafy teas, yeah. but these are on top of the water allowance for the day. so 2.25litres of pure water, then tea, coffee etc on top of that.

the tea /coffee/ pure water u drink is all counted towards the minimum 2.25litres needed in a day although obviously if u can up it slightly then thats great.
i struggle in the cold to drink much pure water and pretty much drink most of my daily intake in hot peppermint tea.

What about fruit leaf teas? I've got a box of Raspberry leaf tea left over from when I was pregnant and i've had a look at the ingredients and there's no added sugar or anything like that?

As far as im aware.. nope.. but also just to be on the safe side.. Nope.. lol.

x x

Gutted! I love the stuff!

the tea /coffee/ pure water u drink is all counted towards the minimum 2.25litres needed in a day although obviously if u can up it slightly then thats great.
i struggle in the cold to drink much pure water and pretty much drink most of my daily intake in hot peppermint tea.

sorry, but tea, coffee etc is counted ON TOP of the 2.25litres of pure water you drink. as tea and coffee include caffeine. it says so in the handbook. maybe a cdc can come and clarify?

abz xx

Whoops so eleven weeks later and 36lbs down, i've been doing it wrong:eek:
I included my teas and coffees in the 2 1/4 litres of daily liquid. Only good thing, i never actually measure, so maybe i did get enough fluid most days.
Some you win, some you lose:confused:

well like i say... it may be worth a cdc coming and clarifying as i am not an authority :) but i'm pretty sure this has come up before and this is what has been said. i'm not sure about tea without caffeine in it but i'm pretty sure it's 2.25 litres of pure water (or water with flavouring) and everything else is on top...

your loss has been fab in any case nibbles so i wouldn't worry about it too much :)

abz xx

Although i'm not a CDC I asked mine the other day (since i'm a bit of a tea fiend!) and I was told that teas which contain caffeine are not counted in the 2.25lt of water whereas teas which are caffeine free (which I think green tea and the like are) can be counted towards you daily water. Although it wasn't advisable to just drink caffeine free tea. I've heard some people recommend Tetley Redbush as it's more like a 'normal' tea but caff free.

But again, i'm not an expert either :)

Hi

Green tea is not caffeine free - it's the same leaves as normal tea but is not fermented like black tea is. However peppermint "tea" would be caffeine free as it's technically it's not tea as such but an "infusion" like fruit "tea" ;)

Wasn't sure which ones were caffeine free but some of the herbal ones are! Sorry if I confused anyone! :doh:

Back