drive by cataloging...

ColJack

Gold Member
I was driving home tonight and my route happens to take me through a little town where a couple of sets of lights cause minor delays... ( takes about 5-10 mins to crawl through the town )..
The route goes past the town center and there is an Argos there..
There was an Argos employee standing by one set of lights near the store with a large pile of the new catalogues and passing them out to motorists in the queue..
so now I have the new catalogue and didn't even have to make a trip to the store to get one.. result..!!! :)

Pure genius!!!

What a great idea!

Ah, but will they then tell you you have to keep driving around a roundabout until your goods are ready for collection!?!?!?:D

They do that here. One of our argos stores is on the same estate as one of the big tescos so they stand at the exit handing out the books. I dunno why I get one because I use the tinterweb!!

Proof that marketing campaigns don't need to be expensive and extravagant!

The simple ideas are often the best ones!

Excellent!! saves stretching your arm carrying it from the store to the car, cause they sure are getting bigger and heavier!

H x

That would be my little town lol. I have to say when I first saw this little chap wandering along the road shaking an Argos catalogue at people my first thought was to lock the door!

yes it was bromsgrove..
what a great way to earn a days pay, standing on a street corner and leaning into the window of passing cars..... errr wait a minute.. they arrest girls for doing that normally...

I just got walk by catalogued on my way from shops, and was nowhere near the Argos! It is good to browse with a cup of tea tho! Somehow the interweb just isn't the same!

Back