Drop a dress size in a month challenge

Okay, a bit more than a slice of cake extra yesterday....

AM 45 min spinning class

B banana, cinnamon swirl and a latte
L fry up: 4 rashers bacon, 2 eggs, courgette, tomatoes, asparagus, all fried in coconut oil
S slice of chocolate cake & cream...
T wagamamas chilli squid, raw salad, pork ramen
S another slice of chocolate cake & cream

It was a lot of food, and a lot of cals, but I didn't go mad and binge. I was full, but I didn't feel sick. I know this sounds odd....but before, when I let myself have a day off, I'd eat junk, everything in sight until I physically couldn't eat any more. So I'm pleased.

I ran it through MFP, and although it's a guesstimate, I've come up with...

Cals 3470 (!!!!!!)
Carbs 199g
Protein 115g

And back on track this morning. Top tips if anyone else has a cheat day and struggles to get back on track - drink at least a litre of water first thing, and have a high protein breakfast - I went for scrambled eggs, egg whites, salmon and spinach. That should suppress cravings and help balance out your blood sugar.

Last edited:
Ate less today, not surprised given yesterday! But this evening I don't feel bloated or anything anymore, which is good. Was supposed to be a rest day today, but I exercised to avoid my marking! I'll do almost anything to avoid that!

B - recovery meal to get me back on track! 1 litre water, scrambled eggs with 2 full eggs and 2 egg whites, 50g smoked salmon, 2 handfuls spinach and a couple of tomatoes.
L - small latte
T - lots of roast chicken, roasted pepper, courgette and onion, 1/2 corn on cob

Cals: 1000
Carbs 78g
Protein 98g

Exercise: 30 min treadmill intervals (see below), 16 min p90x Ab ripper DVD (450 cals burned)

Treadmill intervals:

5 mins @ 5 mph
5 mins @ 6 mph
1 min @ 7 mph
1 min @ 8 mph
3 mins @ 6 mph
1 min @ 7 mph
1 min @ 8 mph
3 mins @ 5 mph
1 min @ 7 mph
1 min @ 8 mph
3 mins @ 5 mph
1 min @ 7 mph
1 min @ 8 mph
3 mins @ 5mph

I'd like to do the recoveries at 6 mph but it was too much for me to sustain.

I'd also like to build a couple more repeats on the end so it's better training for a 10k. But all in all, I'm pleased :)

Last edited:
Day 12 / 30

V tired - too much work and not enough sleep. Tummy feels bloats too today which is weird because I didn't eat much yesterday.

B - 2 scoops vanilla shake, 3 baby figs, half a banana
S - cottage cheese
L - salad nicosia (no potatoes), 1/2 a red pepper, 30g macadamia nuts
T - z75g tuna on oil, 139g salmon fillet, mashed butternut squash & sweet potato
S - 2 slices of cheddar to bump up cals (without extra carbs)

Cals - 1883
Carbs - 100g
Protein - 146g

Exercise: 3.5 mile recovery run (gentle) 300 cals

Day 13 / 30

Tired tired tired... One of those weeks. Parents evening so at work til 8.30pm.

Exercise (AM) p90x chest, back and triceps (or whatever it's called), 60 mins
Walk home from work, 25 mins.
I meant to do Ab ripper x as well, but no time.

B - waitrose natural yog with granola & plum compote, coffee with cream
S - 30g cheddar, punnet of raspberries
L - salad with feta, black olives and chicken breast
S - (working late) - tapas bowl (manchego, chorizo & olives)
T - stir fried veg with king prawns (sweet chilli sauce)

Cals 1750
Carbs 81g
Protein 119g

Trying to cut back on dairy and protein shakes as I've developed spots round my mouth and before I started on protein shakes I didn't get spots v often at all. Unfortunately at the same time I also increased dairy at the same time so am cutting back on that a little. Not much mind, I'm already struggling to get the cals in, and I find dairy less of a domino food than nuts.

I am overdoing it, and it's showing round my waist - I get all puffy & bloated if I don't get enough sleep. No later to bed than 10pm for the rest of the week, regardless of work...

Thank you for your lovely concern...

oh dear :-( yay to early to bed! love early nights x

Day 14/30

B - full fat Greek yoghurt, banana
S - macadamia nuts - lots of them!
L - salad leaves, king prawns, artichoke hearts, balsamic vinegar
S - Banana, hot chocolate (post run treat!)
T - roast chicken, minted buttery green veg

Cals 1850
Carbs 95g
Protein 112g

Exercise: 45 min run including 6 x 1 min hill sprints (although it was quite steep so less of a sprint!)

I'd like to have an extra 1-200 cals, but I don't know what to have within the rules, particularly now I'm avoiding protein shakes.

Day 15/30

Half way through my challenge and whilst exercise is going fine, I'm struggling with the eating. I don't know what to eat or when for best results. I'm trying to eat clean and a good amount of protein and under 100g carbs and in that I'm mostly succeeding, but I've got spots and have been bloated the last few days so have dropped the protein shakes. Now I don't really know what to snack on. Dairy is also a source of bloating and spots too, but i dont really drink milk (except for an occasional latte or hot chocolate) and if I cut dairy out, I really won't know what to snack on....

Anyway, I hope that I'll figure it out...

So today....

Exercise AM back & biceps DVD (50 mins), Ab ripper x (16 mins)
PM recovery run 40 mins gentle, (burned 300 cals according to HRM, so I reckon around 600-650 cals for both sessions)

B - smoothie made with Greek yoghurt, banana and coconut milk (looked disgusting but was quite yummy!)
S - mini cheese
L - rocket with artichoke hearts and prawns, mini cheese
S - 2 handfuls almonds
T - fry up! 3 sausages, 2 rashers bacon, 2 eggs, courgette, onion and cherry tomatoes.
Was still hungry so added a tub of cottage cheese and 4 sq dark choc

Cals 2235
Carbs 109g
Protein 132g

Slightly high on carbs, but it was a double workout day...

Last edited:
Back