DropWeight Diary

Another night down. Just had a cup of tea and that is me done for the evening. I had sardines and veg for dinner with a dollop of creme fraiche. I realised as I opened the packet that i have bought full fat creme fraiche rather than half fat. I must remember to get half fat at the shops tomorrow; it just isn't worth the calories when to me it tastes the same.

All in all, its been a good day.
Caramel Shake
Mushroom Soup
Strawberry Bar
Lots of water and 3 cups o' tea

Just need to do a quick 20 minutes with the kettlebell and then reset for tomorrow.

Sounds like it's going well!

Sounds like it's going well!

I think so. It is so hard to say. I've got to the point where I am looking at myself in the mirror all the time looking for the slightest change so it always looks like I am the same (I hope that's not the case). I guess I'll find out definitively when I weigh myself in March.

Ok another day done. I had:

Vanilla Shake
Chicken Soup
Cookies and Cream Bar

200g Pork
2 tablespoons of salsa
1 tablespoon of half fat creme fraiche

And then I cooked in the oven the below veg
1 red pepper
1/2 courgette
2 mushrooms
3 tomatoes
5 baby tomatoes
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
2 dashes of oil

I then split this into 2 and have had half of it tonight with the rest for tomorrow along with some more pork. I am pretty happy about this as if tasted lovely (Although my portion of veg was a lot larger than I thought it would be-oops).

I remembered to go to Waitrose to pick up the half fat variety of creme fraiche today, so now I have a big pot of full fat to give away. hmm...

I have also had 2 cups of tea and well over my 2.5 litres of water. I completed my week one of C25K (Yey) and did some of my kettlebell workout. All in all a pretty good day. I am not looking forward to tomorrow, I have a dentist appointment at 9 that I am very nervous about.

Oh also, I decided that my lent this year would be to give up carbs. I know that it is a bit of a cop out as I am not really having them anyway, but I didn't want to give up alcohol as I will be celebrating in March, and I have so few bad habits in terms of my eating (at the minute), at least in the sense of something that I could give up. I gave up smoking a week ago, which would otherwise have been the perfect thing for lent, and I fear that if I said something like chocolate, that it would just make me want it more and I am not really eating chocolate at the minute (although every time someone mentions reese's cups, my heart aches a little).

Hopefully chat tomorrow, once this dentist is in the past. My plan for tomorrow is dinner as written above along with

Vanilla shake
Strawberry bar
Tomato Soup

I am having a bit of a low energy day. I am surprised given how big my dinner portion was last night, but I haven't had a cup of tea yet today. I think one negative of this diet is that, where I used to drink tea on an odd occasion, I now have 2-3 cups a day, every day. I know this doesn't seem like much, but I have to find some negatives, right.

I also went to the dentists this morning for a crown fitting, so I am feeling very sorry for myself this morning and have had to put back my soup until later in the day as I am terrified of pouring it down my numb face. Hopefully by 3 I should be able to have one.

Made it through the day, feeling a little drained but ok. Had a bit of a kerfuffle on the buses (the joys of public transport) so I didn't get home until 8. Had my dinner and a cup of tea (and a fruit tea) and went to bed.

Up early this morning, and what a morning it is. Another glorious day in God's country as an old housemate used to say. Had a vanilla shake and walked to the park for another installment of bootcamp. That was a lot of fun; I am finding it a really good form of exercise, and the unseasonably good weather doesn't hurt. Just got back and am having a mushroom soup before getting on with work.

I am determined not to spend all day skulking around this site as I usually do on my Saturday's when I am in the house. I have things to do and must try and stay away. We'll see how that goes though.

I am also planning to have a caramel bar (Yey!!) for my snack and for dinner I have defrosted some king prawns to go with half an avocado, a handful of lettuce, half a pepper, and a tomato or two. Mix that with a dollop of creme fraiche (the old perennial) and salsa I am very excited about this dinner as I love love love avocados, but have been steering away as they are quite high cal (I know it is good cal).

So there is the plan. I would like to get in the last of my wk4 kettlebell workouts today, but we will see how that goes. I may end up doing it tomorrow.

I completely forgot the kettlebell workout today. Drat! I must do it tomorrow! Other than that it has definitely been a mixed day. I have done over an hours brisk walking to add to my bootcamp this morning, but I did already break my lent promise :ashamed0005:

So, I have met up with my ex one evening a month since we broke up, which is in part a lovely way to catch up with someone I still continue a friend, and in part a drip feeder for all my accumulated stuff that he keeps finding at his house. We decided to meet up for dinner tonight and went for eastern cuisine.

I chose a chicken adobo curry, which seems quite a healthy choice. It was chicken pieces in a watery sauce with some shavings of sweet potato. I didn't have any rice, so essentially I was eating almost completely chicken. Bravo, I say. I also drank tap water.

Unfortunately while we were waiting, the prawn crackers arrived. Not those rubbish crisps you get at the chinese, the nice cooked crisps flavoured ones with sweet chilli dipping sauce. And there were loads! I couldn't let the poor guy soldier through them all on his own, so I had half. Probably about 7 prawn crackers with sauce. No idea how bad that was, but it certainly felt it.

But that was my moment of weakness. Ruined by a carby entree. Must do better tomorrow.

Mm those crackers sound delish..dunno how you managed to control yourself :p

Mm those crackers sound delish..dunno how you managed to control yourself :p

I was forcibly controlled by the presence of an empty bowl where once had been a pile of crackers :sigh: I am blaming the ex for this. Before I had even heard the question he was exclaiming that yes, we WOULD love some crackers while we waited.

Hurrah!!! I have just completed week 4 of my kettlebell workout! This means that I can finally move on to a new routine. I am not sure I will be so please about this fact once I start the new routine, but for now a change is as good as a rest in my books.

I have had a cursory glance at what I need to do and it is a lot of different exercises to those I have been doing. I have to do 5 sets, 7 sets and 9 sets respectively for D1,D2, and D3 each week so I can see that becoming painful. But for now I happily bid farewell to W1-W4, bring on W5-W8!

Ok, I have had all my water and packs for the day and had dinner at 6 as usual.
I had tonight the dinner that I was going to have yesterday. I wrote it above (avocado, prawn salad thing)
It was delicious. I had it with cottage cheese instead of creme fraiche and salsa though. I will have the same thing on Tuesday, but I will use CF and Salsa that time. My goodness, I love avocado.

It's been a really good day. I went for a run around the park and finished kettlebell Wk4 as i mentioned above. I am getting addicted to looking in the mirror though (replacement for looking at the scales). Today, I did feel thinner. I'm not sure, but I was sure there was definition where previously there was none. I don't know. I am weighing in next weekend, so I will know for sure where I am then. Must be extra good this week.

Hope this week goes well and that you have great news at your WI!

Ok so provided I have another bottle of water tonight, I will have properly completed week 3 of the DropWeight programme! It's gone by so quickly! So I only have one more weeks worth of packs before I have to switch to a different diet and I am still undecided about what to change to. I made another thread about this to try to get some advice but it seemed to raise more questions than it answered, and I am still not sure what to do.

I am loving being low carb, so that will definitely be a feature of my next move, and i love having structure so it will definitely have some form of counting. I think it is a toss up between exante/S&S or a low carb WW plan. If I choose to continue the meal replacement I will just do another 4 weeks and then move to the low carb WW plan in April. Decisions decisions.

Back to today, and it has been a positive one so far. I have been at the library all day, but have stuck to my packs (Chocolate shake, Chicken Soup, Caramel Bar) and just had dinner of:

150g pork
1/3 cauliflower (mashed with a bit of creme fraiche)
Tablespoon salsa

I have then had half of this with the other half in the fridge for a later date
3 asparagus spears
2 tomatoes
3 mushrooms
1/2 red onion
Dash of olive oil

I am pretty happy with that, and it tasted good. I am planning on staying late in the library tomorrow so I am taking a salad similar to that which i had yesterday

15 King Prawns
Half an Avocado
Handful Lettuce
Half a pepper
Tomato
2 asparagus spears
Bit of cottage cheese

And my packs will be Caramel Shake, Tomato Soup, Cookies and Cream Bar.

I just need to do the first day of my new kettlebell exercises today and I am finished for the evening. then tomorrow morning I am hoping to go for a jog before my lift to the library (weather permitting). I will let you know how it all turns out.

Woah...long post.

Last edited:
Wow time flies! It's good that you have recognised the components of a plan that will work well for you. Hope your last week goes well

Wow time flies! It's good that you have recognised the components of a plan that will work well for you. Hope your last week goes well

Too quickly, I think.

I think I am edging out on a decision to stick with meal replacement. i am not sure i am ready to give up what feels like an excellent weightloss (although I might be saying something different when I actually step on the scales).

I am back in the library today, with my pre-made prawn and avocado salad for dinner. I think I might be here for the long haul. I did manage my job this morning, and was very glad of it too. Woke me up after a very groggy start to the day.

I also did the first of my kettlebell exercises last night. 25 minutes it took me. This means that it should take me 35 minutes on Wednesday and 45 minutes on Friday! That is a whole lot of kettlebell. It's a good job I love it.

Over February, I joined the exercise challenge over on the fitness and exercise board. I committed to 1 hours for the month, and what with my mid-month slip-up, I still have 3 hours 5 minutes to do. So if I do my 35 minutes kettlebell, that leaves me with 2.5 hours of exercise on Wednesday. I was thinking that I might get the bike out. It has been a while since I cycled over the suspension bridge, or even cycled at all. Maybe an hour and a half of that and then finish it off with a swim?

I am getting ahead of myself here, and I probably will end up doing none of the above. I have a big deadline for 2pm tomorrow so I may just be going home and sleeping once it is handed in. We shall see.

If you think it's working for you then sticking with it sounds good.
You seem v motivated with your exercise but don't overdo it!

Ok, here goes. I have been avoiding making this entry all day as it is a bad one. I had a mega assignment due today which involved pulling an all nighter and nearly pulling all my hair out with it. I am very pleased to say that i go everything completed and handed in on time, but at a bit of a cost...a lot of a cost.

I am terrible for snacking when I am working late for deadline, but this has got to be one of the worst binges...here goes. i ate:

Kit Kat Crunchy Peanut Butter
Kit Kat Crunchy Double Choc
Kinder White Bueno x 2
Dark Bounty
Freddo x 2
Fudge Bar

All in 24 hours! i know this is bad, but I honestly don't feel too guilty about this. I am just so pleased to have made it through the night I am willing to forgive myself. The ends have justified the means I suppose. I did promise that this foolishness would end the minute I handed my coursework in though, and it has. I have eaten the rest of my food normally for the day.

I didn't do any of the exercise i wanted to do today though (for obvious reasons). I now have a few days spare that I can try to work off those calories. Looking at it, it must amount to something like 1800 calories, and is probably more than that.

I am not looking forward to sugar cravings for the next couple of days, but it is mind over matter. i have made my confession and purged my guilt. this is me drawing a line under the event and February.

Don't worry about it hun :) it's real life and
In real life there's chocolate sometimes. You've done brilliantly otherwise and I've been there with the all nighters. You do what you can to get through! Bye bye February and hello march :)

Good that you've drawn a line under it. Personally I would say that studying and getting through that all nighter and completing your assignment is more important as now you can get back on plan whereas with a deadline it's a different story. Hope it goes well from now on..

Thanks guys :D I think it helps to have other people say it's ok. Even though I wrote that i wasn't feeling guilty about it, I was really feeling quite annoyed with myself. But this morning it is all forgotten. I am back on plan and off for a jog after my bar (end of week 2 C25K).

I saw super tired yesterday, so I did my kettlebell workout this morning. I think this is quite possibly going to kill me. 35 minutes is really quite a lot, and considering it is week 5 of 12 I shudder to think what they have lined up once I start the week 9 sets. Lets not think about that though and take each set as it comes. 45 minutes on Saturday and that will be one more week down.

On the diet front I made a decision to stick with the meal replacements. Not drop weight (for financial reasons), although i think it is a brilliant plan, but Slim and Save. After Monday I will create a new diary over there, and say hello to a whole heap of new milkshakes (yey!) I did write on another thread a big thing about why I was choosing to stick with meal replacements, but essentially I am scared to come of it at the minute. I am doing so well, and I've never been on a diet where I haven't felt like I was on a diet, so I don't want to potentially ruin that by changing.

So at least another month of shakes and soups and little else for me, and I can't wait. Hello March.

Back