DropWeight Diary

Ok, so I got through the day. I had my bar at 2 as usual (strawberry-and it tasted a lot nicer this time) and then I waited until I got home and had dinner at half 7.

Feel stuffed today, I think I have had more than my allotted 450 cals tonight. I had 130g of chicken, with half(!) a cauliflower made into rice, 4 asparagus stalks and 6 cup mushrooms. With a heaped tablespoon of half fat creme fraiche and a tiny sprinkling of cheddar. I've been bad, haven't I?

It just looked so good on the plate, and tasted to nice that I couldn't leave any. The dropweight guide says that you should have a cereal bowl full of vegetables and I think I went way over with that. Plus I doubt creme fraiche is on the list. Ah well, if the worst of my crimes is a few too many greens and a tablespoon too much dairy, then I can live with that.

Also, my housemates are going out tonight and I have been very good and declined. Must be bright-eyed and bushy tailed for bootcamp tomorrow!

Just got back from bootcamp in the park. What a gorgeous day for it. Cold, but gorgeous. Not a cloud in the sky. I love Bristol on days like these. Once I managed to find him, it turned out to be an ideal group for me. There was 2 other girls who had similar fitness levels, so I didn't get pushed to far on my first class, and the exercises were all easy to follow and enjoyable. Can't wait for next week.

Also I felt full of energy today, didn't wake up hungry, and have enjoyed both of my packs so far. Everything is coming up roses with this plan, I think. I think I must be starting to turn that corner where it all becomes easy, and second nature, and you don't get hungry. Either that, or my dinner really was massive yesterday and has messed up my plan. Lets hope for the former, ey?

My instructor was saying that it makes a huge difference in numbers who do bootcamp in the winter. It is good fun though, once you are moving. You should give it a go.

Ok so just had dinner. This means that my food today has been:

Caramel Shake (Yum!)
Mushroom soup (Tasting much better second time around)
Strawberry bar (My least favourite of the three)

2 eggs and a dash of milk (Scrambled) (200)
3 asparagus spears (27)
5 cup mushrooms (15)
Half an onion (22)
Handful of Spinach (7)
Dash of Olive Oil (100)

Very good dinner and very filling. I am rubbish with calorie counting, but have tried to make an effort. 361 calories, which after yesterday probably balances out well. They do say on the website that you need not have 450 every meal as long as it averages out around there, all is fine.

Day 5 done, just stay away from the snack cupboard.

Thanks, I'm trying anyway which is the main thing.

Ok so today my packs were:
Vanilla Shake
Chicken Soup
Caramel bar (I love this!)

I am in the library all evening, so I made a chicken salad to bring in. this was essentially the same as my dinner two nights ago but without creme fraiche and cheese (I can't believe I forgot cheese!)
130g Chicken breast (160)
1/4 cauliflower head made into couscous (30)
3 asparagus spears (27)
2 handfuls spinach (13)
3 mushrooms (9)
1/4 onion (11)
dash of olive oil (50)

So according to my estimates that makes 300 calories. Hmm...I thought it would be more, my salad is pretty big. I think I have got my calorie counting wrong.

So add to that a couple of cups of tea and that is day 6 over! Yey!

Taking a break from coursework (at half past midnight!) so I should probably update to say that I need to add several cups of tea to my total for the day. Machine tea as well which I am sure will be the worst kind, with my luck. I am pretty sure that my diet says that I should limit caffeine. this is not good. But, at least it isn't a red bull, right? Or chocolate from coffee-o-matic's next door neighbour.

Anyway, we soldier on.

Agreed..at least it isn't red bull! When do you weigh in?

I am resisting stepping on the scales for the time being. When I started dieting I said that I wouldn't use them at all because I have gotten completely obsessed with them in the past. As I am noticing myself slimming, I'm swaying more towards finding out though. I have said that if I am very good, I will go into boots at the end of the month and weigh myself.

So 2 weeks is the short answer :) ...as long as I'm good.

Just finished my tea and am sitting down to the computer with a cup of tea. Lovely.

So my food for the day has been

Choc Cookies and Cream Shake
Tomato Soup
Cookies and Cream Bar

Dinner
12 King Prawns (125g) (100)
6 Tomatoes (18)
4 Asparagus spears (27)
6 Cup Mushrooms (18)
Handful Spinach (7)
1/4 Cauliflower (Mashed) (30)
Tablespoon Half Fat Creme Fraiche (50)
Sprinkle Cheese (50)
Dash olive oil (50)

That adds up to 350 calories. Hmm...I really think that I am getting this wrong because my plate was absolutely full. I think I need to up my protein intake from tomorrow. 350 is too low, and I have been too low for the past few days now. I am not entirely convinced that I have got the right calorie information though.

I have also had 3 cups of tea and am almost at 2.5 litres of water. I usually drink well over this amount, but today I just haven't been concentrating and then am reminded every so often by the realisation that I am really thirsty.

Good news though...week one is over! Not that I have found it a chore. I am actually really enjoying this diet. It doesn't ever feel like a diet anymore. I am not hungry, and haven't been for a few day, and I like the order it has given my eating patterns.

right. Off to do some kettlebell work. Ill check in tomorrow to begin weeks 2.

I am resisting stepping on the scales for the time being. When I started dieting I said that I wouldn't use them at all because I have gotten completely obsessed with them in the past. As I am noticing myself slimming, I'm swaying more towards finding out though. I have said that if I am very good, I will go into boots at the end of the month and weigh myself.

So 2 weeks is the short answer :) ...as long as I'm good.

Makes sense I guess. So are you taking measurements or just seeing how things feel in terms of clothes fitting?

At the minute I am just checking how my clothes fit. When I go to boots, I will buy myself a tape measure and start checking that either weekly or fortnightly.

I've just had one of those mornings where you wake up and as soon as you look in the mirror you feel thinner (happy!), which is making it very tempting for me to go measure or weigh today, but I will resist.

Have a bit of a funny throat this morning, and my voice has gone very raspy, so I had a Beechams fruit drink to try and sort things out. I have no idea how this will effect my diet. I don't have any information for it other than that is contains a lot of E numbers and acidic things. Hmm...don't really know what to do with that information.

I'll just pretend it didn't happen and go about my day I think. I don't generally have sugar in my diet, so I can't cut more of that to counteract anything. I'll just hope it is fine. Fingers Crossed.

The annoying thing is it didn't even help my throat, and now I am all worried.

My wardrobe has just given me a good news/bad news situation

Good news! Your black dress now fits!
Bad news. It's broken.

Absolutely typical. And now this means I need a new dry cleaners. But lets focus on the dress fitting side of things. Next stop-white dress

Just to clarify; I didn't break it trying to get into it...it was like that when I found it, and its only some of the aesthetic stitching that has come away, which doesn't affect the dress size.

I have been avoiding coming on here, because I know that, once I start writing what I had last night, I am going to realise it is worse than I think. Ok so it started out really well I had;

Vanilla Shake
Vegetable Soup
Strawberry Bar

Dinner
130g Chicken
Handful spinach
5 mushrooms
1/3 pepper
1/4 Onion
Dash Olive Oil
Tablespoon creme fraiche
Sprinkle Cheese

I am not going to calorie count it, but it seems reasonable, if a little low. I also drank all my water and only had 2 cups of tea. Then it all went downhill.

I had a planned night out which I wasn't going to drink for. Not drinking turned into a glass of wine; which turned into half a bottle and a glass of gin + slim before we had left the house. then I had two jagerbombs in one bar, a woowoo in the next, a double vodka lemonade and lime in the one after, and a bucket of jager and redbull and something else that I can't recall in the last place.

Yowza! On the list of thinks not to do, I am pretty sure that having energy drink is pretty high up there. The main thing is, though, that I had a great night and I am back on the wagon today. Put this behind me and try not to be silly today, as hangovers tend to make me binge. Oh and drink loads of water!

Ok so, I didn't post my dinner last night. It was:

12 king prawns
3 asparagus spears
handful spinach
5 mushrooms
6 baby tomatoes
3/4 pepper
Garlic clove
table spoon creme fraiche
Sprinkle cheese
Dash olive oil

Today I made up a roasting tray of veg and have eaten half and put the other half in the fridge for tomorrow. In it was:
An onion
A pepper
Half a courgette
4 asparagus spears
7 baby tomatoes
Dash of olive oil

I added a the below to my plate for tonight
150g lamb fillet
handful of spinach
tablespoon creme fraiche
sprinkle cheese

I also drank my water, had my packs, and have stayed below 3 cups of tea both nights. Go me.

I have stopped jotting down calorie content as my dinners are pretty similar each night, and it seems a little pointless. I would like to have a bit more variation but I am enjoying everything I am eating and when you are cooking for one, and only having one meal a day, it is enough of a job to get all the veg eaten before it goes out of date, never mind adding more varieties of wilting shrubbery to my fridge.

I know that I have said this in a previous post, but I can't get over how much I love this diet. i am going to be really sad when the month of packs runs out. If cost wasn't an issue I would gladly buy more. Everything is second nature now, and enjoyable. And it is so easy just making my breakfast and lunch in a minute.

I have heard that exante do lots of offers, and may see if I can stretch to buying that for a month after this. I have no idea how they compare, but I will make a note to have a look into this.

I am not doing very well this week. I haven't kept this updated at all and have been lacking out in the real world too.

Food wise I have been great. I'm not writing down my dinners as they are all just rehashes of similar ingredients with some dairy and around 150g of meat, fish, or egg. Standard. I did have a cider on Friday night, but that has been it (other than my night out that I have already written about and purged from my guilty conscience).

On the exercise front however, I have not been good at all. I have had killer blisters for the last week that meant that I can't do my running (I think I need new shoes, but I'm not sure), and I didn't go to bootcamp yesterday with the (weak) excuse that it was pouring down with rain. Also I haven't done my last 2 kettlebell workouts. I think I am going to repeat week 4 next week so that I am back on track. In short, have just had quite a lazy week, really.

Just off to go have a not so lovely, vegetable soup for lunch. I quite like all the other soups now, but I have been avoiding the vegetable one. I think I am building up an aversion to it in my mind, and when I try it, I won't actually mind it. Or do I just hope that?

Like you said, it might taste better than you think!
And on the exercise front it's good that you have realised and are planning to change it!

Ok time has lapsed a little again, but I have been good for the past two days. Stuck to allowed dinners, drank water and a couple of cups of tea, and ate my three packs (BTW I do now like the vegetable soup-so that is all of them. Or rather I don't dislike the soups...I'd still pick Heinz).

Tonight for dinner I cooked a pork belly and had around 150g of that and put the rest away for later nights. Mixed that with some veg in a sort of ratatouille (cheeky couple of tablespoons of salsa) and that was dinner done.

I also got back into my exercising with a run and kettlebell weights. I should have done the weights yesterday, so I should to my second set tomorrow evening to get me back on track, if a week behind.

All in all, it has been a good day. It is pancake day and I have resisted having one. What should I give up for lent do you think? Alcohol seems a bit strong (I know I shouldn't be having it anyway, but I am in uni), and I am already without carbs (as far as possible) so it seems pointless to give that up. I'll have a think and let you know my decision tomorrow.

Back