Dry Body Brushing

Not sure loobyloo, but I did my dry brushing this morning for the first time with some kind of strange technique which I suppose was scrubbing. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will let us know.

Hello Everyone!!!

I am so glad that some of you are trying this as a regular routine!!!

Looby - you have the same brush as me!!
Right you must always brush to your heart........... I do it after a shower and before I put creams on my body!!

Start with the soles of your feet then brush up your legs (you can do the same spot over and over as long as you brush towards you heart) and then brush in a round motion for your tummy. Up stokes for the arms!!

To be fair, I just really concentrate on my thighs, hips and tummy!!! I try to do it every time I get out of the shower - and as my body gets used to it, I use more pressure.... especially on the thighs!!!

Enjoy - and wait for the results!!

Bethan x

Blingbabe!!

Sorry I must have posted at the same as you!!

I use long sweeping strokes (not scrubbing) from my knees up to my hips. For your legs always brush up in a sweeping motion!! You can brush the same area more than once.........

Does this make sense?

Bethan x

Hello Everyone!!!

I am so glad that some of you are trying this as a regular routine!!!

Looby - you have the same brush as me!!
Right you must always brush to your heart........... I do it after a shower and before I put creams on my body!!

Start with the soles of your feet then brush up your legs (you can do the same spot over and over as long as you brush towards you heart) and then brush in a round motion for your tummy. Up stokes for the arms!!

To be fair, I just really concentrate on my thighs, hips and tummy!!! I try to do it every time I get out of the shower - and as my body gets used to it, I use more pressure.... especially on the thighs!!!

Enjoy - and wait for the results!!

Bethan x

Can I ask why after the shower? All the sites I've read (and espa) said before the shower. What am I missing?

Hi Laura,

Sorry I don't know the technical bits behind why this works - I just know it does!!!

ZoBo on page 1 of this post also said to do it after a shower as your pours are open................

I have always been told to do it after a shower.

To be fair, as long as you do it on a regular basis you will see a difference........... I guess you can choose if you want to do it before or after a shower!

Bx

Hi Laura,

Sorry I don't know the technical bits behind why this works - I just know it does!!!

ZoBo on page 1 of this post also said to do it after a shower as your pours are open................

I have always been told to do it after a shower.

To be fair, as long as you do it on a regular basis you will see a difference........... I guess you can choose if you want to do it before or after a shower!

Bx
Thanks. I saw Zobo's comments too. I like to ask why especially when I don't understand something :) The espa ladies told me that brushing the skin opens the pores and showering afterwards would help to wash away the dead skin cells. That seemed easy for head to get so was just wondering the benefits of doing it afterwards :)

So when did you all start to see results? ;)

Last edited:
Ohhh interesting... i brought a Body Shop brush last year.. and its sitting in the bathroom cabinet... although i did think you were supposed to dry brush... so before a shower not after??...

Can anyone confirm??.. but will start using mine again.. :)

Thanks for the push :)

x

I started to see the results after a couple of weeks as my skin around my bum and thighs looked smoother!!

I can't wait to hear how you all get on with it too!!!

I did it this morning, as I must remember to keep doing it now I have sung its praises!!!ha ha!

Back