Dry mouth anyone...?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Mala, 8 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Mala

Mala Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS/SS+
    Hi all, just wondered if anyone else has got a dry mouth since starting CD? I have a very dry mouth, and almost metallic kind of taste. It does make me drink loads of water though, which is good, but I constantly feel thirsty! I'm always off to the loo, lol.

I've got some meetings coming up next week at the office and I dont know how I'm going to manage them. If I dont drink all my water, I'll be hungry instead but otherwise I will be bursting for the toilet. It's kind of frown upon walking out mid-presentation and sometimes we even work through lunch. It's going to be a toughie :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. onlyme!

onlyme! is a naughty girl...

Diet:
    CD
    Well that my love means you are in ketosis! one of the classic signs. I thought mine has gone but I think I am just use to the taste now! good luck :D

4. Caroline83

Caroline83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (Restart post baby)
    I'm pleased you asked this to be honest cos I was beginning to feel like a freak. I knew the taste was probably ketosis but the dry mouth is driving me mad but like you said at least it will keep me on the water.

5. Kira

Kira Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/SnS
    I had that too and I felt my mouth was like a sewer! It was much worse this time round on CD for me! Day 7 and it's a lot better today. I found brushing my teeth during the course of the day helped.

6. fingersx

fingersx Full Member

Hi, I also am conscious of goin to the loo so much at work! I'm sure my office must think I've either got problems with my 'water-works' or am pregnant! I am hoping that I may adjust to the amount of water, or I may try and drink the bulk of it once I'm home from work.

7. Mala

Mala Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS/SS+
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad I wasn't the only one! I can't brush my teeth all day at work, but I suppose I'll just have to carry on drinking water. Glad to hear I'm in ketosis and am aware another possible side effect is bad breath. I keep asking my boyfriend if I have, but he just jokes and says I stink, so I never know if I really do or not, lol. I have heard that your body gets used to all that water after awhile and you dont need to go to the loo quite as often :)

First weigh-in tonight, can't wait!!!! x

8. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    i brush my teeth about 4 times a day, twice at work, drink water like its going out of fashion and carry a mouth spray! My dry mouth has never gone away on this diet :(

xx

9. imagisal

imagisal Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Sole Source
    Yep, I use the mouth spray too...or a few chews on some sugar free gum. In a way I find it reassuring and proof of ketosis......there again I work from home and don't have to breathe on anyone!!

10. Mala

Mala Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS/SS+
    Will definitely buy some mouth spray then, good advise! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.