****DUBLIN MEET**** - 17th-19th September 2010

Which suits best.. August or September for Dublin meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, here is the info needed to get from the airport to the hotel -

This is the bus to get from the airport. If you follow the signs for the busses from departures you can find them pretty easily. And the 747 goes directly to Busaras, the main bus station. To be perfectly honest, unless Mitten knows better, I would get taxi from Busarus. Its not too far, but not walkable from what i can see.

Airport Services - Dublin Bus

I would say you would pay about €5 for a taxi from the bus station.

Sorry I cant be more helpful, but this is the best I can do!!
xx

Just to let ye know that I was passing through Temple Bar on the bus yesterday and spotted a 3 course meal with Irish dancing show for 30 euro, starting at 7.30pm. I don't know if ye have anything planned yet but it's central, with food, entertaiment and more importantly 30 euro is a bargain here for that. The link is www.legends.ie.

On this point, I brought my Aussie visitors to dinner/Irish dancing show at the Arlington Hotel (Temple Bar) for 29.95 a head and it was great - it's near the top of Dame Street so very central, the food was really nice and the show was good too. We booked it a few days before, so if we're going to go to one of these, we should get numbers and book it in advance to be sure of good seats.

Am not liking the turn the entertainment for the night has taken in my absence!!! Only messing, as Clarri says we can grin and bear it for the night for our visitors!!!

On the bus from airport thing - i would get a bus direct to Busaras, the 747 is one that goes there. Once you walk out the door from arrivals just ask for a bus direct to Busaras. When you arrive there you can get the Luas (the tram) direct to the door of the Gibson (if that's where people are staying?). Busaras has it's own Luas stop - just ask someone from the bus station to point you in the right direction to the stop. Get a ticket and hop on the Luas and you are going to the last stop - the Point, it's exactly 3 stops away and will leave you at the door.

Can anyone recommend a hotel at or very close to Dublin Airport? As my flight takes off at 6.50am I thought I would spend Sunday night near the Airport to save time in the early morning. I looked on the internet but it may be more of a case of one to avoid.

Thanks

Pam xx

Bewley's Dublin Hotels From €69 | Manchester Airport & Leeds Hotels From £59 | Hotels in Dublin, Manchester & Leeds. PJ and I stayed at this one before and its lovely. It has a shuttle bus that goes very regularly, so I can recommend it. Only thing is Im not sure about buses to it? Im sure if you email them, they can tell you.
x

Thanks, Clarri

I saw that and it had a good write up so I thought I would ask first. Not too worried about buses. How far is the airport from Dublin itself? It sounds as though it is closer than Heathrow is to London.

Pam xxx

I was just telling Clarri (on my diary) that I was thinking about the Irish dancing thing and one thing about it (while a good show) is that it's very hard to chat so if most people are only going to be out on the Saturday - there won't be as much catching up as watching the show. Just my tuppence worth.........

Who's coming over and when please (I've lost track)? Should we do a list/recap?

I agree Minz. I actually just said exactly the same thing to Mitten by text. I would be quite happy to sit in the hotel bar and just chinwag, but - its not all about me!!! lol.

BTW, Caws and I are sharing on Sat night.

Cant wait!! I wonder where Gen is though?
x
x

Sorry Gen is here..... I'll just go with whatever is decided :)))

I'll be back on next week with more time so will have a bit more input

xxxxxx

I would defo prefer to give the show a miss!! The hotel bar iw probably lovely for a few drinks and a chat, i presume the visitors from over sees (!) will want to be out and about sight seeing etc during the day or am i wrong?

Pam - i am with Clarri, Bewleys hotel is lovely, really nice food and a shuttle bus to the airport every 20 mins or so. Once you get to the airport you can hop on the shuttle bus to get to the airport. We can show you where the buses depart from on Saturday or else a taxi from the gibson to bewleys would be maybe 35ish euro??

So, who is deof coming:

Mitten
Gen
Clarri
Minz
Caws
Hops
Pam

Anyone else??

I would defo prefer to give the show a miss!! The hotel bar iw probably lovely for a few drinks and a chat, i presume the visitors from over sees (!) will want to be out and about sight seeing etc during the day or am i wrong?

Pam - i am with Clarri, Bewleys hotel is lovely, really nice food and a shuttle bus to the airport every 20 mins or so. Once you get to the airport you can hop on the shuttle bus to get to the airport. We can show you where the buses depart from on Saturday or else a taxi from the gibson to bewleys would be maybe 35ish euro??

So, who is deof coming:

Mitten
Gen
Clarri
Minz
Caws
Hops
Pam

Anyone else??

Mandi (Nce1) is coming. She arrives in Dublin 1pm on Friday like me. I am not sure whether she is staying at the Gibson or with family. She was having trouble with messaging yesterday.

I can do chatting in the bar :)

I emailed the hotel before I went away about getting there from the airport and she replied with driving directions lol. I'm happy with the bus and the tram combo, seems simple enough (she says with hope !!)

Hi girls..... I'll be arriving about 7.30 on the Saturday morning (better make sure I go to bed early Friday night)!!

Have only been to Dublin once before.... I remember it sooooo clearly because is was the very first time that May Day was a bank holiday and we'd not thought about it. Every where we went to visit was closed :rolleyes:

I'd really fancied a visit to the Irish Whisky quarter too... bah!

Am very happy to chillax and chat on Saturday night (hopefully we can eat too):D

oxoxoxox

Hi girls..... I'll be arriving about 7.30 on the Saturday morning (better make sure I go to bed early Friday night)!!

Have only been to Dublin once before.... I remember it sooooo clearly because is was the very first time that May Day was a bank holiday and we'd not thought about it. Every where we went to visit was closed :rolleyes:

I'd really fancied a visit to the Irish Whisky quarter too... bah!

Am very happy to chillax and chat on Saturday night (hopefully we can eat too):D

oxoxoxox

Well as we will already have a room at the Gibson you could make your way straight to the hotel and we could have breakfast together. :D You have to pay for it at the hotel as it is not included in the room price. Or perhaps Clarri knows of somewhere for breakfast. I love breakfast when I am away especially a lovely cooked one. I am not into the continental pastries type ones lol.

Not long now.
:D:D:D
Pam xxx

Back