Dukan-5:2 - the trial

]Thursday 30th May

Breakfast - bran flakes and milk (hex a no 1 and hex b no 1). Banana, nectarine and muller light.

Snack - banana and muller light

Lunch - boiled egg, ham, beetroot, salad and ryvita (some of hexb no 2)

Snack (this I has now been classed as my 'tea')
- nectarine. Rest of hexb (ryvita) with hex a no 2 (reduced fat cheese) and 2 slices ham. Miller light and blueberries.

Grapefruit (actually hooked on them!)

Olives - 2 syns
Curly wurly - 6 syns
Caramel snack a jack - 2.5 syns
Banana and apple

EDIT - syns 22.5/105

I'm not sure I'm really hungry!!! I feel like I have eaten an absolute shed load of food today, I defrosted some steak and some fish (so I had the choice) and I'm just not hungry enough for them. I put the oven on and then switched it on again.

On top of all that food I have had tonnes of SF pop and sparkling water. I am stuffed. If I lose this week I will be jumping for joy and have a SW tattoo (maybe!)

I was planning on exercising this morning but I was really stiff from yesterday's exploits. Tomorrow I am taking my family and the dog to crocky trail in Chester with a hearty picnic (SW friendly obviously) and lots of informal exercise!

Hope everybody is well!!

Kellmo x

Had a few planned and unplanned syns today - determined to keep on track though so I will log them all tomorrow but for now FAR too tired x

Night all

Two steps forward and three steps back is better than just three steps back, Kell! Hang in there, love :D

Happy Saturday!

P x

Right.

So. What a weekend. Yesterday we went to crocky trail - an outdoor adventure theme park with slides, roundabouts, streams, bridges, rope swings, obstacle course things. We spent a good 5 hours there and I was walking or climbing or swinging, balancing etc for at least 3 of those! Caught the sun and burnt too! My nose is like a Belisha beacon!
I also made plans months ago to meet up with a friend for a couple of drinks later that evening.

So, we had to take a picnic and I admit I got carried away. I ate because I was hungry and then I ate because I wanted to. I didn't work out the syns before hand but I did later and I am shocked to see how many syns some stuff is. I've always been a WW girl and so still have a points mentality so I have been kind of estimation that low points = low syns. How wrong I was. In the spirit of logging every food item here it all is.

Friday 31.5.13

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (hexb1), muller light, banana, nectarine.

Lunch - 2 wholemeal pittas with ham and salad (hexb2 and syns). Bag of crisps (6 syns), apple, banana, 2 large snack a jacks. Alpen bar.

Snack - (round crocky trail) another bag of crisps, 3 snack a jacks, tonnes of SF water and juice.

Tea - nothing (stuffed from lunch/snacks!)

Snack - 16 black olives (I crave salt and these hit the spot in a healthy way - other than dipping my finger in actual salt!)

Drinks - 2 cocktails (don't know syns?!), 1 bottle of bulmers (a massive 16 syns!)
Bloody hell.

I think for the whole day I consumed approx 60, yes, SIXTY syns. I never ever would have believed it f I didn't work it out and I am glad I have and I'm glad I'm tracking it all on here. Holds me accountable.

So, the upshot is, I am going to have to work out how many syns I have left for the week and divide them up into daily amounts. If there's none, there's none. I'll live with it.
I feel really bloated today and have drunk lots of water and SF flavoured water to compensate.

Food for today - sat 1.6.13

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, muller light, banana and nectarine. Lots of tea! (Hexb1)

Dinner - ham, egg, salad and wholemeal pitta. (Hexb2), mozzarella (hexa1) and tomato with basil. Apple for lunch.

I had 1 mouthful of homemade fruit cake (3 syns?)

Snacks through the day - fresh pineapple (lots!), apple, 3 grapefruit.

Tea - 1 small piece of trout fried in fry light (not particularly hungry so just a very light tea.)

So very few syns today but I'm feeling bloated. Got my period today - this is probably the cause :-/

I'm also thinking my diary should not be on this forum - feel like a bit of a fraud! Will try and move it to SW to get help/support off other SW members as well as you lovely lot!
Will work out my syns and update this post too x

Syns for the week - 85/105

I don't know if this is entirely accurate?!?!?!

Don't worry too much about the syns...you've written it down and it seems about right to me. Just try and do the few days up to weigh in having free and superfree and trying to have as few syns as possible. It wasn't like you were sitting on your bum having extra syns you were out and about and burning a lot of them off. And if you move your diary I will hunt you down and stalk you wherever you go...just like I did with moonwatcher!! If you are going to fast at some point there's no need to move. I'm doing a 16/8 hour fast thing but that's just how I like to eat...skipping breakfast as I'm rarely hungry in morning...but I'm not doing DDs for the meantime. I regularly browse the SW forum and there are lots of helpful people and good advice but I like it here...don't think they would get me over at SW!! xx

Yeh, I was out and about. I just have a niggly feeling I will gain again this week, all my clothes are tight and I have been eating loads - all written down on here but coming from VLCD/dukan it's a shock to my system.
I've also found that, given the choice (as I've been off for half term this week) I eat most food in the morning and early afternoon and then that keeps me full and I'm not hungry for tea. I just hope something works this week. I've also noticed the er, aromatic side effects of all the fruit and veg I'm having! Can't even blame the dog!

Nah, down days aren't for me Fronesy baby, I feel like I'm depriving myself and then I do go and make up for it the next day, go a bit mad.

Syns will most definitely be limited until Wed when I start afresh. I'm going to do Davina DVD tomorrow morning (maybe the 'pump' one with the weights) and try and take the dog for a long walk, as well as finish uni work, get girls ready for school and tidy up the garden in anticipation of summer. I'll have my hex a's and b's (although I never get through my milk allowance - I have such a small amount of skimmed milk in my tea that I've only ever had half my allowance!) - will try and ramp up the old exercise whenever I get chance to boost weigh in. I'm scared :-(

If this doesn't work just what do I do?

I've started a SW food diary just now (called Kellmo's plan D)!and do browse for recipes but I don't think they'd get me either!!! I also don't want to have EE forced down my throat either - it will not work for me, the same way as the very similar WW plan didn't. Irish Ozzie made a good point though when she said any diet will work as long as I stick to it. She's a clever one her!

You can split your healthy extras. If you only have say half of the skimmed milk "a" choice you can have half another "a" choice. As long as it adds up to a whole choice it's fine. Don't worry about weigh in....just do the best you can the next few days that's all you need to do. SW will work for you xx If SW forum works better for you go for it. It's a bit too cliquey for me and some posts I read today the answers were a bit blunt! ( my type of eating apparently is a fad and unsustainable) I'm too thin skinned at the minute to take even constructive criticisim! I'm sure you will get loads of good advice though x

Thanks mi darlin' xx

New diary over on slimming world forum - just so i can get help and advice off other SW people....

I'm so shallow ;-)

Uni day today - long slog!

Breakfast - weetabix, banana and mullerlight. Lunch - Italian chicken (with tomatoes, onions and herbs) with green salad, tomatoes, onion, peppers etc. banana and apple.

Snack - another banana (on way home)

Tea

image-161339411.jpg

Chicken in Parma ham (fat cut off) and salad. 8 olives = 1 syn

Back