Dukan-5:2 - the trial

Spend those 20 wisely lol

Loads to drink and a bowlful of sugar free jelly ??

I will! I'm having lots to drink but SF jelly is off limits, I lived off it when I was on dukan and now it knocks me sick!!!
I may have some veg?!?! Not sure yet, hardly the most cals to play with!

Well, I settled on 2 celery sticks and lots of water and diet lemonade - and an early night.

I had grumbling tummy / hunger pangs for hours but I ignored them!

Yay for me!

Ok once again been a PIG today. I can't help it. I'm getting a bit concerned this is developing into a habit.

Here's some of what I had
Bran flakes, half banana, some Easter egg, homemade courgette muffins (much nicer than they sound), WW soup with pumpkin sees flatbreads, yogurt, nuts, oatcakes, bites of flapjack, whole family bag of crisps and some more Lindt chocolate.

#greedy

I daren't even guess the calories.

I am supposed to be doing a down day tomorrow but its going to be hard as I'm out and about with my children and my friends..... Ahhhhhh

Feel like such a pig.

Try and relax about it, while not ideal to have pigg days like that if you start feelign guilty and worrying about it you will just start to self sabotage.

You are coming from a very restrictive diet to a lot of freedom of course there are going to be times when you take advantage of that freedom. Do the best you can for your DD tomorrow but remember it is only one day. If it doesn't work there are always other days :)

Try and relax about it, while not ideal to have pigg days like that if you start feelign guilty and worrying about it you will just start to self sabotage.

You are coming from a very restrictive diet to a lot of freedom of course there are going to be times when you take advantage of that freedom. Do the best you can for your DD tomorrow but remember it is only one day. If it doesn't work there are always other days :)

You're a superstar Derbynanny - thanks so much.

What's your diary called? I need to subscribe x

You're doing really well!! Honestly, the first few weeks of having up days you will go overboard. But it does lose its appeal.

This was one of my up days, about 3 weeks in, right, get this ....

Sticky toffee pudding and custard, breakfast
Fruit cake, dinner
Spag Bol, tea

That day I had over 2200 cals. So you can see how in those first few weeks I would eat all the foods I had restricted. Now I've been doing this for a while I don't eat like that on an eat day. And to be totally honest, I found the biggest weight loss when I had eaten rubbish on eat days.

There is another website, moneysavingexpert that also has a 5:2 forum in the family and health sub forum. There's a few people on there. Some long term and some short term like me.

Really? Not that bad? I hope it does lose it's appeal sometime soon. My daughter has to gain weight for medical reasons so I have goodies in the house to help her along (she's a real skinny thing) so I suppose when I'm back at work they'll be out of sight, out of mind.

Thank you so much for your advice and help!

Kellmo x

You're doing really well!! Honestly, the first few weeks of having up days you will go overboard. But it does lose its appeal.

This was one of my up days, about 3 weeks in, right, get this ....

Sticky toffee pudding and custard, breakfast
Fruit cake, dinner
Spag Bol, tea

That day I had over 2200 cals. So you can see how in those first few weeks I would eat all the foods I had restricted. Now I've been doing this for a while I don't eat like that on an eat day. And to be totally honest, I found the biggest weight loss when I had eaten rubbish on eat days.

There is another website, moneysavingexpert that also has a 5:2 forum in the family and health sub forum. There's a few people on there. Some long term and some short term like me.

Hi, can you link that thread please? It's mind boggling on there!

Hi, how have you been getting on this week? x

Hello,
It's STILL not been a 'normal' week! I had my cousins wedding to go to so that was an extravagance (food, drink and money wise!) - I have been sticking to my down days religiously but just eating too much of the wrong things on up days. It's been my first day back at work today and its been a down day so it's been tough but I'm glad I'm back into a routine.
This is where I start eating properly, cooking tea for my family and I - soup and sandwiches today - although I had porridge and chilli tomorrow.
I am planning on keeping the carbs low throughout this uddd business as I just don't think I tolerate them well, bloating, ibs etc.

I'm going to weigh in the morning but I'm not looking forward to it. I also have a monster of an assignment due in soon and am stressing about that! (Hence so quiet on here!)

Thanks for asking!

Kellmo x. X

You'll be fine when you weigh in. Trust me!

I've been away for a long weekend and lived off take out. Weighed in today and I was 2lb up. Today is a fast day and I know when I weigh in tomorrow it will be gone. I normally weigh once a month so today was just to see how my weight fluctuated.

Hey, just popping in to let you know the weigh in was good - STS since last week.,,, I am so pleased with that, 9 stone 12, that's only 5lbs over goal weight! I was 9,7 doing dukan and I was MISERABLE! I've had all kinds of goodies this last week, seriously, everything I wanted and if I'm 5lb heavier for it but 100% happier - and I am no longer cold all the time (ridiculously cold on dukan!)!!

Yayyyy!!! I very very pleased!

Thanks for your support - and I am so jealous of you being a carb queen, my sister is 8 stone and she eats pasta and rice like a man can!

Thank you too gottabslim!

It's so nice knowing people are there to help me!

Subscribing and woo - hoo on the weigh in result. It is really is a fantaastic way of eating isn't it? Like you, I find I can tolerate the weeks when it doesn't go too well a lot more easily than I can on other diets - because it fits in with LIFE so well, and after all, that is what it is all about. Oooh, gone all philosophical there!

Frona - I don't find that carbs make me hungry or give me cravings either, although too much wheat affects my IBS and pasta bloats me out for 2 - 3 days. (Still have it sometimes though!)

Back