Dukan-5:2 - the trial

Well done!!

I'm so glad you have started to feel warm too!

One of the things I have realised with this way of eating is listening to my body. I use to eat breakfast cos it's the most important meal of the day ... I don't actually want to eat till about lunch time. So I eat at lunchtime. Even after a fast I can normally last till lunch. But I like a supper, which I wouldn't eat, cos it was extra calories. Now I eat supper. Yeah, it tends to be a chocolate bar but its my treat.

So pleased your weigh in went well x And like you say being 5lb heavier but happier is definitely far, far better. No banned foods and not having to dread social occasions because you can't eat what they are having...it really is the perfect way of eating :)

It really is the perfect way to eat and lose weight/maintain. I can see me doing this for life. Treats are allowed which is such a revelation - I want to tell everyone about IF/5:2 but I just dont think they want to hear it. I read a book on my kindle the other night (I forget which one, I have loads) and the author wrote about how there is every kind of slimming food, shake, drink, tablet, vitamin, exercise, machine, underwear etc but NOT ONE of the companies or industries would DARE advocate that for 24 hours - you JUST stop eating or severly cut down your calories. I mean, what would we buy then? The whole slimming industry would come to a grinding halt if people realised that this is the way we should be doing it.

I have actually come to appreciate my down days (and no just for the weigh in the morning after!) I think they allow me to experiment with new foods, appreciate flavours and iin general appreciate food - I have it in vast quantities and I will never starve, we are all very lucky that there is a whole multitude of foods available at dirt cheap prices (£1 for a family sized bag of crisps!) but its taught me to just slow down a bit. I have realised that I actualy enjoy feeling 'full/stuffed' - I do! BUT for 2 days a week I am hungry and its teaching me self control. ANYWAAAAYYY, I am getting far too deep for this lighthearted forum. I do actually have an assignment to be getting on with entitled "A critical reflection on the practical application of learning and development theories and how these impact upon children's learning and my own professional development." It's thrilling!

OH, before I go I went to my cousins wedding on Saturday, it was amazing and she looked a million dollars! I had a great laugh, lots of food and dink (LOTS) and havent gained a lb - VERY PLEASED ! I will upload some pics ASAP!!!

Kell x

Kellmo you doing great! Found your comments on the 5:2 intermittent fasting interesting. I bought the book for my husband intially (Dr Mosley of the Horizon programme) but I am seriously considering it for the losing that 2-3 pounds and definteky for maintenance.

Intersting reading on the whole fasting aspect and weight loss. There seem to be many ways to fast hence so many diets and books! It is an industry within an industry it seems. I liked the science bit in this book where essentially it explains the fast days are needed to act like a stop and start or on and off switch which then somehow helps boost metabolism? Far too science related for me to follow!

Thanks Kira! It's quite thought provoking and really makes me appreciate how lucky myself and my family are (I know not everybody is).

So, today has been my first up day where I've not had 'a little of what I fancy.' This is because the scales are now showing 9,13 and the new me is saying 'whoaaaa' rein it in, get on top of it again before it gets out of control. I've had absolutely delicious, healthy food today and lots of water and I feel so much better. I was very tempted by comfort food as my assignment is AWFUL and I wanted to eat to make myself feel better. But, I chose to eat well so that I could get what I really want (weight loss) instead of what I wanted right then (biscuits!)

Today's menu was

B - porridge with raisins, tea, water
More water
L - ham salad with low fat mozzarella, avocado, tomatoes, leaves, beetroot and boiled egg with a warbutons thin. Muller light with strawberries and a highlights hot Choc. SF vimto.
Snack - apple
Tea - 1 and a half bowls of bran flakes with raisins, a dried fig (for erm, movement!) and a handful of honey, oat and linseed crackers.
And more water.

I am so tired I can hardly type but so pleased I ate well!

Hope everyone else is doing good,

Kellmo x

hi Kellmo,
That's a very healthy UD. Go you. we have similar weight loss goals as well as current weight. I had planned that today would me an ID but as my punishment for being a piggy yesterday i am now doing a DD. This is just my second week but i think like you i will have to reign it it on the UD during the week anyhow and enjoy one UD at the weekend where i can losen my belt a bit (literally).

Hope your day goes good tomor.

Oh GOD! It's all going to pot!

I was 10 stone 1 this morning and horrified. Ate very sensibly today but was tempted at uni...DD tomorrow, thank The Lord!

Breakfast - porridge and raisins

Snack - WW biscuits

Lunch - jacket potato with chicken, tomato and bean effort thing.
Muller light.
Apple.
5 sweeties.

Tea - piece of peppered salmon and salad.

I hope so Frona but I have a niggly feeling its my actual weight. My eating habits have changed dramatically and I think I'm still being a bit greedy. I will ALWAYS be greedy- I can carry on eating long after everyone is stuffed!

I need to get back on track and as soon as these damned assigments and crap are done I will have time for me/exercise. I started the 30 day shred a few months ago, I did 15 days and I started to feel ill (cough, cold etc) so I had a rest. I was I'll for 8 weeks - fractured ribs and as soon as I was we'll enough to re start uni slammed me with more work! Ahhhh. Xx x

I will get there again. I'm really interested in starting to lift weights for fitness and strength but I'm apprehensive and a bit intimidated by the muscle gyms near me. The all ladies gym I think is a bit naff and I fear I wouldn't be trained properly there...

Alas, I will only have time to do this in June so ill worry about it then'

Have a look at kettle bells - they start at about 2kg then you work your way up :) kettleworx is a good DVD set - 20 min work out 3 x week does wonders

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Hi Kellmo,
I'm with Miss-behave on the ketlebell suggestion.
I love kettlebells, to me it is better than shred for dramatically changing your shape and you can do it in the comfort of your own living room. 2kg would prob be too light. You could try a 5kg out for size in your local tesco.
I'm with you on the greediness front but as you say i want to lose weight more than i want to stuff my face so i am going to be restrained on an UD. That's the plan anyhow. I could be eating my words later.

Thanks for all your advice. I do appreciate it!

I'm so damn tired
Here's my dd diary.

image-3676148348.jpg

Boring but functional!

Assignment done. Hopefully a bit of normality will resume!

Kellmo x

Hi Kellmo,
Well done that another DD complete, although if your like me its the UD you find harder. Despite my good plans and intentions i self sabotaged yesterdayand am so annoyed with myself. That's great you have your assignment done, what was it on? How much longer do you have left of your teacher training course?

Have a good day tomor x

Must be something in the air about assignments, had my sister on the phone for about an hour ranting on about her one and how glad she was that it's finished. She ranted so much I didn't even need to speak! I'm always impressed how people with work, family and so many commitments make time for study too xx

It's just one of those things you get on with. I'm sure we'll look back when it's over and think 'how the eff did we do that!' - but you just do. I'm busy but I can't even imagine what it's like for the lone parents doing it- they're some kind of super humans!

Your sister sounds just like me!

Have a good Wednesday Fronesy x

Hi Kellmo,
Well done that another DD complete, although if your like me its the UD you find harder. Despite my good plans and intentions i self sabotaged yesterdayand am so annoyed with myself. That's great you have your assignment done, what was it on? How much longer do you have left of your teacher training course?

Have a good day tomor x

Yes, the self control on an UD is my biggest challenge. I can totally relate to self sabotaging - I seem to do it a lot :-(

The assignment was on learning theories and the application of them basically - I KNOW I need to know them but they're just so hard to write about. Harvard referencing was creeping into my dreams too last night! My course is 4 years part time and I'm on year 1. I have a lot more work to finish before the end of April including writing and critically evaluating a children's book (GREAT!) but now this is more or less done its a weight off!

UD today - plan is porridge, salad, fruit and chicken/chorizo effort for tea???!!!

Have a good day everybody x

Thats an uber healthy UD Kellmo and quite low in calories too i'd say. Fingers crossed it goes to plan.

Learning theories ouch. it will all be worth it in the end. Its a great career especially if you have kids, so handy for holidays etc.

Thats an uber healthy UD Kellmo and quite low in calories too i'd say. Fingers crossed it goes to plan.

Learning theories ouch. it will all be worth it in the end. Its a great career especially if you have kids, so handy for holidays etc.

Thanks Ozzie! X

So, a fabulously delicious up day (and so far so healthy!)

Breakfast - bran flakes and raisins, skimmed milk.

Snack - banana

Lunch - chicken and cous cous salad. Sweet/salty popcorn. 5 maltesers!

Bite of curly wurly

Snack - banana and a Brazil nut! 2 caramel snack a jacks.

Tea - chicken and chorizo in a tomato sauce with haricot beans and 2 small corn on the cobs.

muller light with blueberries.

This looks like LOADS of food!

So, a fabulously delicious up day (and so far so healthy!)

Breakfast - bran flakes and raisins, skimmed milk.

Snack - banana

Lunch - chicken and cous cous salad. Sweet/salty popcorn. 5 maltesers!

Bite of curly wurly

Snack - banana and a Brazil nut! 2 caramel snack a jacks.

Tea - chicken and chorizo in a tomato sauce with haricot beans and 2 small corn on the cobs.

muller light with blueberries.

This looks like LOADS of food!

Hi,
Its all looking so healthy though. I love to snack too and get all my points worth/calories worth. Constantly thinking about foood though which is perhaps not a good thing. Ironically on a DD I dont give food much thought. Have a good dd tomor, my HEALTHY UD is starting now. I will be good, I will be good, i will be good lol!

Back