Dukan-5:2 - the trial

And then I went and spoilt it by pigging out.

Had a good UD again today and sabotaged myself with chocolate when I got I from uni. Scared to weigh (already 8LBS!) over goal weight and I can't seem to stop pigging out. I'm on a dd tomorrow thankfully and I'm doing mon,wed,fri dd next week.

Feel embarrassed and guilty and fat. Had a shitty, horrible day.

*sulks*

Night everyone x

Aww Kellmo, thats a pity. Why do we do it to ourselves?? Could you maybe leave yourself 500/600kcal for the night time to spend on chocolate. A wispa is 240kcals i think and so yummy, a twirl would be about the same and they are great for a choc hit. You wouldnt feel guilty if you factor them into your plan.

Good thinking with 4dd for next week, i will have had 4dd by weigh in on sat so will see if it helps with damage limitation.

I dont have the will power to do two UD's in a row.

Tomorrow is a new day Kellmo, if weather is good, get out for 15mins before work etc, u'll feel muh better and less guilty.
Irish-ozzie x

Thanks for your replies and support - again. I don't always reply but I always read them and it does help me!
:)

I do now actually feel like I've turned a corner. I had a good down day yesterday and I'm 9 stone 13 again. Only 6lb over target. I tried on my gorgeous dress today which I'll be wearing to the 40th and because it looked good I felt good and still feeling positive. It inspires me when I look and feel good to be healthier and make wise food choices. Because of the uni workload I've not been exercising (not even walking) so last night husband I and walked the dog for over an hour - it felt great. I had a hot bath and went to bed before I wanted food.

I am considering joining slimming world - I've heard lots of people follow the plan and educate themselves on portion control, snacking etc. I will still do the 5:2 plan (obviously not tell the SW leader) so I can try and control these up days a bit? Does this sound sensible/crazy/bizarre?!?

I hope everyone has a brilliant weekend

Kellmo x

Hi Kellmo,
Your very near your target.well done.
i think sw wud be a gud idea. u cud expect a gud loss when combined with fasting plus the weekly official wi will keep u on track.

im hopin for good loss next week. totm at the mo i rarely get them so not sure if i weigh heavier prior to it or not. we shall c.

enjoy the 40th. u shud try it on every mornun for motivation.u'l be less likely to self sabotage with that image in mind.
x

Hi guys, right I am going to ring a slimming world leader today and see what she says. I've only ever joined slimming clubs when I've had shed loads to lose so its all a bit alien having only 7-10lb ish to lose and then maintain. I will let you know what she says.

Yesterday was a brilliant down day - so healthy food wise but the long walk I had planned went a bit pete tong. There's a wood I have heard many people talk about which is supposed to be really good walking and great for dogs so me, hubby and dog set out (kids with auntie) in search for it. What an epic fail, spent over an hour driving
round with sat nav and still couldn't find it - so we ended up on our local field and me at my sisters for a brew!

We went to the pics last night (Tom cruises new film oblivion - I'd wait for the DVD!) and resisted sweeties!

Here's my UD menu.

Breakfast - Porridge and raisins.

Snack - Apple

Dinner - Chicken and cous cous salad
Low fat crisps (walkers stars)

Snack - highlights hot Choc, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts and raisins (this when eaten all together is like a Cadbury fruit and nut bar!)

Tea - fish with chilli pesto and Parmesan/breadcrumb coating, roasted new potatoes and large salad. (Recipe from one off many 5:2 diet books on kindle!)
Vanilla yogurt and blueberries. WW biscuits (x2)

Cinema snack - curly wurly and pack of caramel snack a jacks.

Felt GREAT all day, virtuous and healthy. I'm bra shopping today as my dog chewed my best one (why couldn't she chew the £7 tesco one?)
And I'll be going for a long dog walk too.

Have a good Sunday everyone x x

thats a super menu. gud luck with it.

I heard that film wasnt great alrite.what a pity about the walk, you had great intentions though.

You sound in the zone now so sw will be perfect for you.i think you just need to have like 5percent of your bodyweight to lose or something like that.

Thanks for your replies and support - again. I don't always reply but I always read them and it does help me!
:)

I do now actually feel like I've turned a corner. I had a good down day yesterday and I'm 9 stone 13 again. Only 6lb over target. I tried on my gorgeous dress today which I'll be wearing to the 40th and because it looked good I felt good and still feeling positive. It inspires me when I look and feel good to be healthier and make wise food choices. Because of the uni workload I've not been exercising (not even walking) so last night husband I and walked the dog for over an hour - it felt great. I had a hot bath and went to bed before I wanted food.

I am considering joining slimming world - I've heard lots of people follow the plan and educate themselves on portion control, snacking etc. I will still do the 5:2 plan (obviously not tell the SW leader) so I can try and control these up days a bit? Does this sound sensible/crazy/bizarre?!?

I hope everyone has a brilliant weekend

Kellmo x
It's great when clothes fit well and you look and feel gorgeous in them isn't it?

You may have already seen it, but there is a sticky thread in the 5:2 Fasting section of this part of the forum which is about combining SW and fasting. I think it is called 'Doing 5 2 from home' or something similar.

That pesto fish dish sounds delicious. I too have a growing collection of fasting books on my kindle! As it is popular in the press at the moment they often come up as a short term freebie, so I check each day!

thats a super menu. gud luck with it.

I heard that film wasnt great alrite.what a pity about the walk, you had great intentions though.

You sound in the zone now so sw will be perfect for you.i think you just need to have like 5percent of your bodyweight to lose or something like that.

I bloody forgot to ring that woman! Grr!!will do it this week!

I am at the upper end of my bmi so I do have about 10-14lb I could lose x m
Thank you x

It's great when clothes fit well and you look and feel gorgeous in them isn't it?

You may have already seen it, but there is a sticky thread in the 5:2 Fasting section of this part of the forum which is about combining SW and fasting. I think it is called 'Doing 5 2 from home' or something similar.

That pesto fish dish sounds delicious. I too have a growing collection of fasting books on my kindle! As it is popular in the press at the moment they often come up as a short term freebie, so I check each day!

Yes there is no food that tastes as good as looking and feeling good! (Well, maybe!!!!) it is actually the dress in this profile picture - it just does something for my lumps and bumps and makes me feel like a Hollywood star!

I do subscribe to that thread but I didn't realise it was a SW thingy. I've never done SW so I think a meeting or 6 might help! Thanks a lot x

The fish was incredible! My sister had some too as husband is allergic to pine nuts so couldn't have the pesto (ooooops!)
Kell x

Food 21.4.13

Breakfast - banana, bran flakes and raisins

Snack - apple and boots shapers bar

Lunch - erm, another banana as breakfast was late

Tea- 2 x homemade pizza (on fajita wraps) with tomato and basil sauce, cheese, chorizo, onion, sweetcorn, basil and fresh tomato. Plus some pasta in sauce. (Ravenous!)

Vanilla yogurt, some Easter egg and buttons.

Sunflower seeds and 2 caramel flapjacks.

Not amazing, could have been better without Choc!

Hello kelmo
I also did Dukan & lost well but then had a break & have gone back up to where I started. How are you finding the fasting? I am restarting dukan again today (as I have done every monday for the last few weeks) but was thinking about changing to the fasting diet, then I could eat out at the weekends much more easily.

I am really enjoying the fasting. I'm still getting used to the up days - the down days are easy. The up days I can tend to eat too much and find I have to do maybe 3 down days a week to keep my weight under control. However, I am much much much happier than I was on dukan, it just wasn't for me. I was constantly cold and struggling to eat the dukan friendly foods - I still cannot bear the sight of fat free fromage frais!

Dukan was great while it lasted and it made the transition from VLCD to normal eating less daunting than I'd anticipated. But I'm sticking with the 5:2 (and perhaps one day I'll be on 6:1!)

Best of luck with dukan my love x

Kell

Up day started so well... Then I got to uni and was bombarded with bad stuff. Here's my food for the day, I'm not proud of myself.

Breakfast - porridge and raisins, banana.

Snack - go ahead biscuit pack

Lunch - jacket potato with cheese, mayo and salad. Curly wurly.

Snack - lots of sweets - pear drops, chocolate cup sweeties, lots and lots.

Tea - fish cake, broccoli and corn on the cob.

Another curly wurly, 2 bags of walkers stars crisps, milks chocolate bunny, yogurt, melon.

Feel fat and miserable - down day tomorrow - thankfully!

Kellmo x

Hi kellmo, Sending you positive vibes for a fab DD and raisef self esteem at the end of the day.

You're a super star Irish Ozzie, as you all are. DD is going well so far, I will finish this day on a positive note! Well, after I've cried about the uni work I have to do :-(

OKAY - an up day today - went quite well I think. I'm doing 3 DD's this week. Tue, Thu and Fri5pm- Sat 5pm - all this so I can feel nice in my frock on saturday night!!!

Todays menu was -

breakfast - branflakes and raisins.

snack - ww biscuits.

lunch - large tuna and low fat mayo salad.

snack - pear, raisins and sunflower seeds.

tea - frittata made with baby new potatoes, chorizo, peppers, mushrooms, spring onions, sweetcorn and a sprinkle of cheese (obvs with 2 eggs)
low fat activia yogurt

3 biscuits with a cuppa.

handful of sweeties pinched off daughter.

no exercise today other than a walk into town to buy lunch and do some window shopping.... then after tea I made my way to the attic and started some uni work - not got half as much done as I'd like but hey ho! I'll live!

Back