DUKAN AND EXERCISE

maddy1

hi everyone, hope your all having a good dukan day :D

just a question regarding exercise, before i started dukan ( im on day 3 of attack), i run usually 3-4 times a week only small runs 3-5 miles on each run, it says you are only supposed to walk when doing this diet, im a bit concerned as i want to keep up my running as it makes me feel good and is toning me up well, so you think its ok to keep running, ive ran today ( 3 miles) as the first 2 days i felt a bit lethargic and didnt really have the energy to run, which i was expecting due to having virtually no carbs, but today i felt great and had a spring in my step so wanted a little run,
any advice would be helpful
thank you
Jane .x

Hi Maddy1, I'm a runner too. I usually do a 10k run twice a week and 2 interval runs in btwn.

I just thought it sensible to drop the 2 x 10k runs whilst in attack phase and just do 1 more interval run and swim 50 lengths on my usual rest days as the Dr says u should exercise everyday . No way could i stop my runs altogether it keeps me sane (a natural anti-depressant, so to speak)
If someone told me i'd have to stop running whilst doing Dukan, i'd have to jack the diet it in as i'd rather be curvy and happy than slimmer and miserable 'cos i can't run.

strangely enough, i've found the interval running easier than normal, but on reflection that's probably because i've not worn myself out with the 10k runs

Listen to your body, it usually knows what it's doing and will let u know if it's not happy...:)

Hi Maddy, I have been running since January and like you didn't want to stop when I was on this diet as I really love to run. I was worried I wouldn't have enough energy to run without the carbs but have found the opposite, I'm full of energy:D
I am now on conso so have reintroduced some carbs but i ran 3 miles every day while i was on cruise. How long are you planning on doing attack for, 3 days is probably long enough for someone with your stats

hi ladies thanks for the comments,

im doing attack for 1 more day tomorrow, as its my borthday on friday and im going out for a meal so i thought i would rather have another day on attack then i can go out and have a meal with either salad or veg, ( didnt really want to sit in a restaurant with a pile of meat on my plate ha ha), then i intend to do a 1pp then 1pv thereafter...
oh im pleased about my running then, hopefully it wont alter my losses on the diet, i do intend to do some walking aswell as my dog would not allow me to go 1 day without walking her ha ha
im loving it so far, havent had any really bad issues with the attack phase, no headaches im drinking lots of water so thats probably helping keeping the headaches away...but im REALLY looking forward to eating salad and veg now tho, my body is starting to crave them i think .x

Back