Dukan and Exercise

Before I was pregnant (and got fat) , I ran three times a week and did tabata/hiit three times a week. Will do the same once I'm 12 weeks post birth xx

I completed Turbofire a few months ago, it's great fun - I usually find work out DVDs cheesy and annoying but really liked the host on this one. Really tough though, not for the faint of heart.
Since then I have been running, did my first proper 5k run in June, my first 10k in July and doing another 10k on the 27th of this month :)

GrumpyWino said:
Thats quite hard to say. I was pretty fit when I started those workouts (from running and yoga and bit of weights thrown in) although carrying extra fat, sadly a lot of running and previous carb eating helped to pile on the weight! The muscles will get stronger within weeks but how visible they are depends on body fat. The definition in my muscles is more obvious as I am losing the fat via Dukan and exercise...the last two months has made a huge difference. I can now fit into my size 10 clothes, and can see the ab definition, and yet in the past to fit into those clothes I needed to be four to ten pounds lighter. I'm looking forward to seeing what my body looks like when I reach my goal weight. And remember, dukan is a high protein diet so is a great compliment to exercise. Also, dont just focus on how you look, enjoy the benefits of being fit and healthy, what motivates me is how good I feel.

That's a fair answer.

I did the
Insanity fit test...WOW! Lol!

Hmmm, must think about upping my exercise, I am not sure that some days I am even doing 1/2 an hour (unless you count housework).

That's the next lot of changes in my life that I need to make! Well done on working through those workouts!

I've been exercising throughout the diet. My usual routine is 1 hour at the gym where I do 30 minutes on the treadmill, followed by 30 minutes of weight training (usually low weights, with high reps). I've just started the Insanity workout DVD's to push myself a little bit further.

I found exercise at the beginning of the diet quite tough as I had literally no energy for the first couple of weeks. I now find I can exercise with the same exertion from before I started the diet.

I've been exercising throughout the diet. My usual routine is 1 hour at the gym where I do 30 minutes on the treadmill, followed by 30 minutes of weight training (usually low weights, with high reps). I've just started the Insanity workout DVD's to push myself a little bit further.

I found exercise at the beginning of the diet quite tough as I had literally no energy for the first couple of weeks. I now find I can exercise with the same exertion from before I started the diet.

Thats the result of going from being a carb burner, then experiencing carb withdrawal through to being an adapted fat burner. I assume thats why Dukan recommends walking as in the early days more intense exercise is not viable. I too have found that once I adapted to fat burning (cut out carbs a year ago) I was without a doubt a better runner and feel stronger with other exercise.

didnt even think of youtube trinni xx thanks chick xx

Cheap and cheerful Charly!

If you don't like it, you can search for something else.

There's a 20 min Insanity workout on there if you just want to try it :)

just ordered zumba for the wii, see what its like when it arrives xx

Just bought Turbofire and looking to start once I finish Shred in the next 13days.

Toriax, i was looking at your stats and you have lost just under 7st in 3months. Please can I have the recipe?:D

right zumba has arrived! had a lil 10 minute go .... and i absolutly love it xxx

Yay! Glad you like it, it always make things easier if you can have fun at the same time! :D
my mum has even had a go lol she is 60 yrs old! mind you she likes just dance.zumba what a good fun game xx

I think I'd like a go with zumba OH MY GOD shock horror, I've actualy admitted to wanting to try excersie LOL.

I feel more positive about having a go. i am horribly unfit, but I don't feel blobby anymore and think that would help.

Hmm will have a look on youtube and see if there are any short ;-) videos to try.

Zumba is fantastic, I go to 4-5 classes a week. My instructor is mental.

Ive got both the Zumba games for the wii but find it hard to follow when I know the music but I know the dance differently.

I found a few workout songs on you tube and saved them to my favourites. Once my daughter is at school i will see about doing them, though hubby will have to be out of the way first LOL.

right starting tomoz because its too late tonight i am making a pledge to try to do at least 10 minutes of zumba a day! fingers crossed for me u lot!!! xx

Back