Cruise PP dukan change in 3 weeks

CHRISR

Gold Member
Hi everyone
Been thinking about the effect Dukan has had on me, im still amazed how I dont want all the bad stuff that I was eating or should I say stuffing. You know the usual chocolate, biscuits, cake etc. etc. even my son is amazed that his maltezers are still in the exact place from Friday!!! I was a bad bad mother!!

Not only has there been a change in the way I eat but inside my head is much more calmer I seem to be able to cope better with any worries. Its hard to explain but I feel so much more in control. I can't imagine being slim and at target. Im so very chuffed at having lost 10lbs in 3.5 weeks - not bad eh!

Im off to find Rhubarb - LOL have a good week everyone :D

You are doing so well! What an inspiration.

Keep up the good work and the motivation

as stmacalee says... it is indeed inspiring for those of us just starting (or planning their start, like me :) )

Thank you to you both - if i can do it then anyone can. Its knowing that the end result is achievable, with any other diet programmes you dont have that. It motivates me to know that in a 4 months I will have lost 3.7 stones - amazing! I will be clothes shopping with my beautiful daughter no longer getting frustrated and upset in the changing rooms - can't imagine it yet though!

I know how you feel Chris, I'm not craving anything "bad" as well! Love the pancakes, better than the bread but I'd love the BLT sandwich as well so that's when i have the bread, rest of the time I make the pancakes. I can't believe I find this diet so easy as you can eat as much as you want and you STILL lose weight! :D x

Hi Mirjam Ive given up with the pancakes (always a disaster) not too keen on the bread its too eggy but I might be doing it wrong. Love the muffins though. Breakfast is really the only thing i struggle with.

Great post! D'you know what I've noticed? That I actually am thirsty an awful lot!

Pre Dukan I used to drink hardly anything (apart from the alcoholic variety that is :eek:) and had a horrendous amount of salt in my diet but I very rarely felt thirsty.

Now that I am drinking around 2L of water a day and have cut down drastically on my salt intake, I find that I frequently feel thirsty! So drinking that amount isn't a chore as I really feel I need it. Weird.

I totally agree, I used to hardly drink anything except de-caf coffee & the odd tin of diet pop, now I'm thisty all the time. All I can put it down to is that my protein intake has drastically increased, it must have something to do with it?? Maybe someone with a bit more scientific knowledge could let us into the reasons why.:rolleyes:

wheest - I have been looking for Rhubarb for 3 weeks and im devastated! My friends think im potty because ive asked them to look for the damn stuff!!! All I want is stewed rhubarb not a lot to ask for is it ;)

wheest - I have been looking for Rhubarb for 3 weeks and im devastated! My friends think im potty because ive asked them to look for the damn stuff!!! All I want is stewed rhubarb not a lot to ask for is it ;)

3 weeks?! Pah!!! That's nothing! ;)
I've been searching for 8 weeks!
And...
today I found it!!! :happy036:

Fresh rhubarb in the fruit and veg section of Morries!
Rhubarb muffins here I come! :D

I know what you mean about a change to your food mentality. I've had an extremely stressful 3 weeks. Pre-Dukan I would have dived into the chocolate and eaten and eaten until I felt better. This time I didn't do that which for me is a great achievement. Long may it continue. :)

The thing I notice is how quick I am in the supermarket - the only sections I look in are the meat, fish, egg, dairy and veg.

I rarely go into the centre aisles of the supermarket. I can also walk past the biscuit aisle without a sideways glance.

Wouldn't have believed it possible pre Dukan!!

3 weeks?! Pah!!! That's nothing! ;)
I've been searching for 8 weeks!
And...
today I found it!!! :happy036:

I am so jealous Red Heart :cry:- I went to Morrisons yesterday specially to look for the stuff I asked Mr Morrison 'no love not had any in for a long time' what good is that!!! :(

p.s. cant even find it frozen!

I am so jealous Red Heart :cry:- I went to Morrisons yesterday specially to look for the stuff I asked Mr Morrison 'no love not had any in for a long time' what good is that!!! :(

p.s. cant even find it frozen!

My local Asda usually has frozen rhubarb - but maybe you've already tried yours. Hope you find some soon. :) Xx

Do you have a farm shop nearby? We have one up the road and they have absolutely loads of frozen fruit, including rhubarb. Might be an idea.

Yep loads - exhausted all avenues wheest

perhaps all this rain has made rhubarb soggy in Lancashire!

Back