Dukan diet and one cheat day?

Yes that's how most of us ended up overweight in the first place! I have now realised that I don't have to drink or overeat to have fun!

Well you're only young once though and I'm in my size 12 topshop dress so I'm not that unhappy with my weight, although I would obviously like to lose more as that would be a bonus. I don't have to drink or overeat to have fun, tbh I have eaten less than I usually would on Dukan, but the drink hasn't done anything to my weightloss, luckily :D I've lost another 2lb, thats 11lb in 3 weeks (I'm really happy with that) and I've purchased some sticks to test if I'm in Ketosis, we shall see :cool:

The only reason I put weight on in the first place is my LOVE of bread oo and pizza haha, but I've obviously totally cut both of them out on Dukan :wave_cry:.

I think that maybe a low carb diet would be best for you my dear ,
I would say each time you drink and then drop out of Ket it will make it all the more harder for your body and kidneys to cope ...
Do you have the book and have you read it ?
There is a sience behind the diet , not just another fad...
If you no that bread ect dont do you any good then way not follow a low carb eating plan and leave dukan to people that want to actually follow the diet as Dr Dukan wanted people too .
I think your kidneys will thank you for it .

The trouble is you won't stay young and size 12 for long if you keep punishing your body like this. Just as you are only young once, you get only one liver and one set of kidneys.

The problem is not the drinking in itself - it's that by drinking while in ketosis, then forcing yourself back into ketosis, only to drink a week later potential does more damage than drinking alone. As Scrumper says, it's a lot for your kidneys to handle, week on week, and it also floods your body with insulin, destroying any sense of self regulation that your system has established.

I would be worried that you are setting yourself up for a future of yo-yoing weight, insulin resistance and liver damage.

And if you can't skip the parties while you are in the relatively short cruise period, how will you manage to find any discipline in the longer conso stretch, when you run the danger of undoing any the weight loss you have achieved?

If you really want to party - perhaps you should come off the Dukan diet, and start to eat (as Scrumper suggested) a balanced but lower-carb diet instead.

I wish I was size 12 at that weight!

I wish I was size 12 at that weight!

I have a 32G bust lol which can explain some of my weight. I'm really a 14 around the tum so I wear 14 bottoms and a 12 top, unless its a dress then I sometimes need a 12 :D Everyone always says I look less than I weigh... which I suppose is a good thing ha

Anyway...yes I do have the books and I don't intend drinking again after the weekend, for the duration of cruise. The next time I plan on drinking I should be into the next stage :)

I wouldn't like a low carb diet, because I'd just want to eat loads (carbs are my fave, so I'd rather just cut them out). I like not feeling hungry all the time on Dukan. I shall be sticking to it 100% after Saturday.

Back