Dukan diet

Gosh yes they do make it sound very exciting not!
Here's a better link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...w-protein-rich-Dukan-Diet-coming-Britain.html

and here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...fat-cells-revolutionary-weight-loss-plan.html

In France though we can get "fat free" products (whereas I'm not sure whether you can in the UK? fat free yoghurts? fat free cottage cheese? Low fat yes, but fat free?)

I've done the Dukan diet on and off for a while now... and while I wouldn't recommend it (or any VLCD) to my best friend, I know how desperate us dieters get to get the weight off fast and for that it's perfect...

The tricky part is phase 3, "consolidation", when carbs are reintroduced S L O W L Y... Dukan recommends 10 days of his phase 3 (strict rules) per kilo lost... so for big weight losses, needing to exercise restraint for perhaps one year, seems beyond the majority of people...

One thing I do like, if you try the website just to calculate your "target weight" is that it takes so many factors into consideration that no other online calculator that I've found does (age, number of pregnancies, serial dieter or not, highest ever weight, etc.). And while we might all dream of a weight we weighed at the age of 18, reality has to kick in at some point.

That's kind of where I am right now! If anyone wants more info, feel free to send me a message.

Hi joanne thanks for your insight into this.

One thing I do like, if you try the website just to calculate your "target weight" is that it takes so many factors into consideration that no other online calculator that I've found does (age, number of pregnancies, serial dieter or not, highest ever weight, etc.). And while we might all dream of a weight we weighed at the age of 18, reality has to kick in at some point.
whereabouts is this - i would be interested to look at mine?

says i can be at goal on the 2nd July!

Hmm, that does seem a lot like Atkins to me Joanne, very interesting, Thanks

Atkins minus fat? perhaps? (I've not done Atkins for years, since the days when fat really was allowed!)

My typical menus on Phase 1 - Pure Protein
Breakfast - Muffins (made with the oatbran, wheatbran, egg, fromage blanc and either sweetener or, most often, some smoked salmon).

Lunch - salmon steak, prawns, runny boiled egg (or I'd made a batch of seafood quiches (without base!) for my work lunches during the week!. Maybe a chicken leg. Dessert always fat free yoghurt or fromage blanc

Snack - chicken and yoghurt

Dinner - BIG grilled steak!

Then once in phase 2, I'd alternate PP (pure protein) days (as above) with protein and veg/salads. No fruit until phase 3. No alcohol.

There are some great recipes...

On a Sunday I'd always make lemon meringue pie! (OK you need some imagination!). The "pie" bit is made from the wheatbran and fromage blanc... the lemon bit I'd use lemon fat free yoghurts... and the meringue is easy. Egg whites and sweetener! Lovely treat!

Most of that doesn't sound to different apart from the oats and stuff, there was another French Dr devised a diet some good few years ago, I'm just trying to remember his name.

I could probably do Dukan, but I don't need to. In fact although I'm on Atkins maint, it's more like the GI diet in some ways for me Joanne.

Oh I found it, I was right see:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,979872,00.html

Gosh that sounds nice to be able to eat foie gras every day (budget permitting!!). In reality though, it all comes down to the same thing in the end... calories in equalling calories out for maintenance! And that's where I always slip up!

Oh yes it does Joanne, OK I don't count calories, but if I let my carb intake levels get too high then I start to gain.

You are limited on eggs per week and no fat apart from healthy fats like in fish from what I can gather, One day is protein and water only alternated with days of protein, veg and water. very exciting - not! I'll stick with Atkins I think LOL :D

Hi Neilsbird

You might want to compare my weightloss to the above

10 may. 207.7
16 may. 199.3. Total loss 8.3lb

tonight dinner piri piri grilled chicken breast, brocolli/cauliflower cheese and side of fried, onions, leeks, garlic and dried chillis with a spoonful of extra light Philly stirred in. I kid you not the onion and leek mix is heaven on a plate. I did 5 days on attack which is pure protein but you can use onion and am now alternating days. Today is my second protein and veg day.

It doesnt take a lot i know but im confused already. Lol. I'll stick with what i know best or im sure to gain!!!

Back