Dukan Do It....

Interesting, Karin! On my Clean and Lean plan, we're encouraged to have a cheat meal (of anything) once a week as this kick-starts the metabolism.

I've heard that bodybuilders do the same thing too.

Enjoy your chocolate fix, if that's the way you go ;)

P x

Interesting, Karin! On my Clean and Lean plan, we're encouraged to have a cheat meal (of anything) once a week as this kick-starts the metabolism.

I've heard that bodybuilders do the same thing too.

Enjoy your chocolate fix, if that's the way you go ;)

P x

Well that just goes to prove my theory. In all the diets I have ever done, the very first proved it to me, twenty years ago I counted calories. In my fourth week I went to a friends for an evening meal, I couldn't count the calories properly and on my estimates I had gone way over my daily allowance. Two days later I got weighed and had lost a pound more than the previous three weeks. During this diet I have on occasion nicked a few chips of plates, had a couple of chocs, even those ice cream bars.....and for the most part they have never caused a problem. I honestly think our bodies need a reminder every now and then of the speed bumps in the road. Its like going over the hill and free wheeling down to the next one.

I will wait till next week for the treat though as I don't want to miss seeing what lower dairy has done for me this week.

I bought a tube of individual square after eight sweets yesterday, i will have two of those when I decide to do it. At the moment there is no craving to have the choc so I will be good LOL.

I had pastrami today, not sure if this is allowed, but Aldi isn't selling bresola anymore and i spotted this. .7g carbs/21.7g Protein/3g Fat. I decided that as this is in the less than 5% fat category and carbs were less than a gram that it was probably ok.

Food for today

BF Hearty Breakfast (Porridge made with egg)
LN Dukan Bread Sandwich with pastrami and scrambled egg with turkey rasher (yes a lot, but I didn't want to waste the defrosted food) 2 Muffins.
TE Turkey Meatballs and Fish bites with Cottage Cheese mix with Sweet Chilli Sauce / Jelly
SP Crabsticks

Fluids 2.09lts
Dairy 397g
Eggs 3½

Don't feel bloated today, first time in a few days. Hoping thats a good sign LOL.

Good Morning err Afternoon my MM friends, how is your Dukan day?

Mine is smashing, weigh in this morning was another loss of 1¼lb making it a weekly loss of 2¾lb Woo Hoo, I guess the lowered Dairy and Eggs have worked. That and my hormones are having a rest, i think!!!!

I even resisted buying Lo greek in Aldi this morning (finally got it back in) as I knew that it would be a waste of money based on the fact I make my own natural yogurt and no point having two types in the fridge when I am not eating as much.

Got some more pastrami this morning, and some SF jellies which aldi have finally got back in too. 29p a pack as apposed to 39p in asda and 38p in Morrisons.

I'm a happy bunny, quite a long while back my Mum gave me a mincer and burger press that she no longer needed. I've never actually used the mincer and only used the press a few times. This morning I got some turkey mince from Aldi and decided to get my backside in gear and look in the back of the cupboard for the box. I mixed the mince with onion, garlic, ginger, corriander and lemon grass and scooped 50g portions into a ball, stuck into the press and hey presto a burger. Was so chuffed, I actually got 10 burgers out of the mixture, if i'd been making them myself and patting them down, I would have probably only got 8 out of it. So a money saving gadget it is. I haven't put it back in the box, I've stored it on the shelf behind my bowls so I can get to it when every I want. Might try mincing next time, chicken maybe. Thanks Mum xx

So for food today, this is the first of my 2/2 alternates and starts with PV

BF Porridge and Rhubarb Yogurt
LN 2 turkey Burgers ;) / Cottage Cheese Eggs, Asparagus spears, tomatoes and cuc. Dukan bread and 2 muffins
TE Beef Fajita with Broccoli (maybe in a garlic stir fry type way), Spanish Eggs / Jelly
SP Cheesecake with Rhubarb

dairy should work out to about 427g and Eggs 5½

Feeling good and positive today, fingers crossed it stays and I am singing TW before long.

loving your menu and I want a burger press...... lol its like a Lakeland moment, when you didn't know you wanted/needed one till you see it in the Lakeland shop lo lxxx Karin your weight loss is off again and that's great news. TW HEAR YOU COME XXX :D

I was like a little kid LOL, kept giggling as I pressed each burger. Definately something to be used again, I can see a lot of mince products being made into burgers LOL.

Slight alteration to menu, cheesecake ended up being my pudding at teatime, and just had a small crabstick salad for supper with a ww hot choc drink. Not expecting big things on the scales in the morning as hot choc doenst always sit well for me next day...but wanted to have a taste tonight.

Your doing really well, and TW is not far now, well done Karin.

I want a press too, i got a mincer yesterday from the outlet village for £15, cant wait to do some mincing lol xx

part of the box is a mincer as well. Mum said she found it easier to mince cooked meats. I will get a chance some day LOL. You'll have to keep up updated on what you do with yours

i need to have a look at some recipes, i suppose we could just spice up the mince but the best thing of all is that we will know whats in it, no beaks and eyes lol

Morning peeps, posting from my mobile as I while away twenty mins waiting for bank to open. Sun shining on this side of the street so at least its warming up.

Lost half pound this morning. Quite shocked as I was convinced the hot choc drink would hate me. A tolerated that isn't always tolerated :).

Got a course after school today so DD going to friends from school, its not often I'm asked to do the courses, supply staff being a case of out of sight......and all that. Behaviour course so I'm told.

Got lots of listing to do on Ebay today, last day of the month so need to try and use my free listing allowance. Sorted daughters wardrobe last night, loads don't fit her now but its still full lol, at least I don't need to buy anything just some trousers I think.

Right going to slow walk round the corner to queue, see you later.

EVENING ALL...oops caps on.

Got a lot on ebay, did well getting it all listed and done before lunch although some bits needed rehashing. Did course after school, was told it was an hours course and it took two hours. The friend that was looking after DD tried ringing me to tell me that she (friend) had fallen and was on way to hosp to get knee looked at. DD was going with her kids to another friends house. DD bike brakes locked up on ride home so it meant that they all had to walk. What an afternoon, a total comedy of errors.

Had 'fry' up for tea, actually had three medallions of bacon with turkey burgers, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms. I used a bit of dukan bread and poured the toms over it first so it soaked up the juices, then egg pudding with yogurt for pudding. Feel so full and stuffed. Won't need any supper tonight LOL.

Its very quiet again on the boards, hope its just everyone is busy baking those muffins or actually have a life LOL...........its tuesday so that means the evening is mine. DH gone off to buddy's house to natter away the evening, DD getting ready for bed and I've got a few programmes to catch up on.

Evening Karin xxx again foods fab and yes very quiet on hear. I haven't cut down my dairy yet but I'm going to have to. Enjoy being in charge of the the remote

I'm glad I did cut it down, i'm sure thats what has helped. worth looking at sue.

Remote is all mine........yeah!!!!

Afternoon all, sunny here, done some shopping, visited my poorly friend who fell yesterday, cleaned up kitchen and made phone calls. Busy morning LOL. For some strange reason the forum logged me out and I had to put my details back in, now it won't let me use the return button to go down a line. So all this is going to be on one line. Grrrr Might just have to post it and see if it corrects otherwise its all going to look daft. .....

Had to go into advanced and switch editor to source mode.......whatever that means it looks like it might have worked.

So, ¾lb back on this morning, have decided it is water retention based on the smoked salmon and 3 pieces of bacon I had yesterday. Oops, so today I will drink more water, pop a water tablet and try to reduce salt intake. Feeling quite bloated at the moment.

Not many posts to read at the moment, it says only about half a dozen updated since last night.

Hope everyone is ok

I'm having problems too with the return button it wont let me either lol with it being a new computer I was going to take it back to the shop xxx pleased you said

It did it on a lot of posts, I went into settings along top and then my account on left hand side, then clicked standard editor. That seems to have worked and it keeps correcting my misspells and now underlines my mistakes in red like in word LOL.

Failing that on the quick reply box, the very first box that looks like A/A and press that and it should show blue.

Food today

BF Porridge and yogurt as usual
LN 2 Eggs into 3 omelettes, sliced beef and small amount of red onion, made into rolls. Dukan bread with lemon curd.
TE Diet Coke Chicken / Muffin with yogurt poured over and a spoonful of jelly on top. Very yum.
SP Crabsticks and cheesecake.

Fluids 2.34lt
Eggs 4
Dairy 427g

I'm very surprised by how well I have been managing to keep the dairy low, its been a week today since I started doing it, just shows how it had crept up. Although I wish I could have a slightly bigger portion for my breakfast, but I will leave it for now. Still resisted buying the aldi greek yog so am pleased with that too.

I bought two chickens from aldi today and cooked them this morning. Totally stripped them, putting breast meat / thigh meat / and darker bits onto separate plates. I then bagged it all up into 70-80g portions. Breast meat to be kept to make into sandwiches or lunches. Thigh meat for cooking with and the rest was in families tea tonight. I got 12 portions out if it. If I were to buy 12 packs of meat at the minimum it would be £12, chickens cost me £6. Very pleased.

But I have to tell you.........and give you a laugh.......I had a total dumb blonde senior moment this morning in Aldi.

I bought a few things which totalled £12.36 I gave the lady a twenty note. As I walked away I looked at my change and realised she hadn't given me the right change,. I told her I had given her a twenty and she said that she would need to cash up the till in order to check it. so I waited whilst she locked up her til, took the drawer and went in the back to do so. When she came back she said the draw was only out by a few pence.

I said I knew I had given her a twenty as it was the only one in my purse, which I only got from the bank yesterday. She then asked me what change she had given me...........I was totally convinced I should have had a tenner in change and she hadn't given it me. Looking at the recipet she noticed very quickly that she had in fact given me the right change, all £7. 64 of it.....I had it in my hand, I hadn't actually put it away. Stupid me was so convinced I should have had a tenner that I just didn't even compute the fiver. I was so humiliated and nearly burst into tears.

I shop there at last twice a week, though rarely on a weds, so I haven't seen this woman in a long time. She's pregnant and leaving on Saturday apparently, so at least I won't have to see her again LOL..............

:cry::eek:

Don't worry that will be nothing to what they have to deal with in a day xxx so after tomorrows weight in tell exactly how much you have lost in the dairy reduced week Karin.

ooo yes I will, never thought of that. Mind you todays gain with stupid water will cause a hiccup.

Note to self: don't have smoked salmon and bacon on same days.

:D

Oh Karin, darling, don't even give a second thought to your Aldi error.

Loving your diary at the moment, you are SO nailing this :D

P x

I love reading your menus. They give me quite a few ideas. Thank you.

Oh Karin, darling, don't even give a second thought to your Aldi error.

Loving your diary at the moment, you are SO nailing this :D

P x

thanks you hunni, feeling very positive at the moment, its all coming together. Am so pleased I reduced my dairy. As for Aldi, all forgotten LOL

I love reading your menus. They give me quite a few ideas. Thank you.

thank you china, I like creating them. LOL, it would have been difficult if I hadn't had a variety, some of the prep can be annoying the results are worth it.

Sid, reduce dairy week was a total loss of 3lb. Not bad eh, worth it hun.

Weigh in this morning was a pound, so that's the water weight gone too. Almost feels like the start of the diet again where every day was a loss, reducing the dairy and counting the eggs has definitely helped, I also think having less caffeine has helped too. More water cold or hot with only half hot/cold caffeine.

Be back later for food menu update.

Back