Dukan Do's or Don'ts?

Fractal - I was reading some interesting (and perturbing) stuff this morning about Goji berries IF one isn't careful to buy from a reputable source and not just pick them up from anyone on Ebay... I presume you have a link? Or have you found them in a health store somewhere?

Just dipping in here are hoping I can help on a couple of things.

My local Sainsbury's and Waitrose here in south-west London both have the Two Chicks egg white - it's excellent - so they must select which branches it goes to.

Hermesetas Gold is my favourite sweetener. It used to be in Boots but they've stopped doing it, so I buy it on line from chemistdirect.co.uk.

I'm sick of Total 0% Greek yoghurt, so it's great news about being allowed vanilla Muller Light - could have sworn they'd be banned.

Welcome Ian! And thanks for your input!

and?

the book says 1L dairy but many stall at 500g, myself included!

That's all we're warning...

(and never forget that the English book is a bad translation, with additions, of the French!)

And nothing, it was just an observation :)

I guess it's likely that anything that resembles a treat - flavourings, yoghurts, cocoa, etc. - is going to be a bigger con than a pro, no matter how innocuous it might appear.

I reckon so too. Although, as I do try to say, these tolerated things and fancy additions for desserts can be such a godsend for people on the diet for the long haul. I've known people on Cruise over a year!! Just I try to deviate newbies from them... in the long run, it won't help them because, as they get desperate, there'll be nothing left to add!

All I was trying to say was "don't take the book too literally". It's based on a book written 10 years ago, predates the coaching, and there are Dukanettes in Europe (in the world?) who have given those of us around the diet for a while tips to pass on. Up to you whether you use them, of course, Brownie Earthquake.

Last edited:
I think Vicky found 'good' cocoa powder, she could tell you where...
tesco value cocoa powder. its as rare as rocking horse poop but the lowest carb/sugar content ive found.

id say mr d is pandering to the masses nowdays andthe strict dukaners of the past have been replaced with the " gonna diet and try not to fall off the wagon brigade " he has to keep them happy

I know most of us here have indeed done just that, notably at Christmas or other big holiday times, but ...

<singing tunelessly: "I'm sticking to MY waaaaay!">

(in fairness though, if you google these goji thingies, they are the latest fad irrespective of dieting...)

I appreciate your point, Maintainer :)

For me it has been difficult to know if I've been stalling because it's medical-condition related or if it's because I've been having too much of a tolerated item.

Regardless I've always had problems plateau-ing anyway, it's just breaking past the barrier, so if there are items that can contribute to stalling I'd rather know so I can avoid them to see if it helps!

I'm with you and looking for mine too... I always stall around 72-73K so nothing new for me. Interesting how the calculator puts me at that as an "ideal weight" (pffffff!)...

Have you tried a few "white" days... (ie no egg yolks, no tolerated foods, stick to chicken/turkey/rabbit, no packaged stuffs. Plain plain... and the 3 x small galettes throughout the day...) that can blow a plateau out of being.

Kill or cure!

I've been trying to keep my protein days pretty strict.

I don't know if I've gained/lost/maintained this week yet, but I might try a few of the 'white' days like you say, and avoid the dairy, too, if I'm stuck again.

I know this is quite an old thread but there's a lot of interesting info - bumping it to read again a little earlier in the day. :)

Back