Dukan Holiday/Vacation/Overnight Stays/AwayDay tips (NO CHAT PLS)

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by alottolose, 2 November 2010 Social URL.

1. alottolose

alottolose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    82.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    66.7kg
    Hey guys

on the back of DukanDebut's excellent post..I thought I'd create this thread...as the titled suggests....JUST tips please and no chat...so others can scroll quickly through the tips....x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    Search for dukan friendly restaurants in the area.
    Check menus in advance work out the most friendly options.
    If the mains all look too carby check out the starters.
    Eat well before you go.
    Have a string of excuses ready if you dont want to go into diet details, cant drink due to driving/antibiotics/early start.
    Biltong (expensive but so so portable) is good to have in your bag as no worries about it spoiling.
    Take a ziplock bag of bran you can add it to yogurt that you buy where you are.
    Canned fish (with ringpulls if poss), take a fork.
    Invite people to yours.

Mini likes this.
  4. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I also bought some airtight plastic boxes with lids which are microwaveable. Not only do these protect the food, but you can also use them to heat stuff in the microwave if you're lucky enough to have one in your room (like I did). Lakeland sell a stack of them - although they may be cheaper elsewhere.

5. scrumper

scrumper Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.2lb(19.07%)
    Diet:
    Dukan / bodytrim
    if im out i always take a sugar free jelly with me and a plastic spoon
    oatbran could be biscuits if you dont like it in yogurt or no cooking facilities

6. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    ask the restaurant/cafe staff to cook meals slightly different to suit your dukan day. Most are willing to oblige.

7. kidsmademefat

kidsmademefat Full Member

Diet:
    dukan
    when i am eating out i usually have a chicken caeser salad with no dressing or croutons (now im on conso i can have the parmasan). Or i order some grilled chicken and salad. Taking some VMC would be useful if your travelling. If you try hard enough just about any menu has something dukan friendly

8. alottolose

alottolose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    82.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    66.7kg
  9. kidsmademefat

kidsmademefat Full Member

Diet:
    dukan
    vanilla moist cake or muffins

10. New-Me

New-Me can do it this time!

Going to be away a lot through work, so am going to buy a mini fridge for taking with me.

Anyone who's do e this already please let me know what you'd recommend. Thanks.

11. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I have an emergency pack of food in the bottom most pocket of my handbag, in case I get caught away from home, or have to take off in a hurry.

It has a bag of biltong, a small can of tuna with a ring pull, 2 tblsp of oatbran in a plastic baggie, some catering sachets of pepper, mustard and splenda from my local coffee shop (I just picked up a few extra one day), and a plastic fork and napkin in cling film.

I got the idea from my mum, who has coeliacs, and always takes an emergency supply of crackers, nuts etc, just in case.

12. Louise xx

Louise xx Full Member

I always ask cafes restaurant ect for my food my way!! Grilled chicken, no chips, extra chicken instead of the chips! I find asking very politely with good manners goes miles and I have never struggled to get dukan friendly stuff you just have to be very creative!!!

13. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yes, whilst a few places stick rigidly to the menu, it's usually possible to sweetheart most into adjusting the food to make it Dukan-friendly. As Louise says, asking nicely makes the world of difference.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.