Dukan ? hope so!

Ah thanks Jo, got GP appointment next Friday, dont really want to have any invasive stuff, im a terrible patient, but if i have to i will.

My OH has been having dental difficulties, abscess on the wisdom tooth which after 3 courses of antibiotics, the dentist breaking off the crown of the tooth, and a trip to the local NHS clinic has now been removed. His mouth has been stitched and hes was recovering, then on monday his front tooth fell out!! It wasnt loose before he went to the dentist, when the dentist broke off the crown she whacked his front teeth with the extraction tool. Its now going to cost around £150 for a new tooth!! Its great in our house at the mo!! lol

The excess weight is coming off slow and steady, sometimes i wish it could be quicker, but have to keep reminding myself that this is the most ive ever lost that didn't involve shakes and bars, so that cant be bad. Made a resolve to start back on the exercise from Monday.

Is it me or do other people get a bit fed up with people approaching you and asking if you have lost weight? That sounds really bad, i do, like everyone else, enjoy compliments but some people go over the top and make a meal of it, sometimes i feel like replying with, might have!! whats it to you ? lol Then i think that they thought/think im fat lol which i am. its like when your on a "diet" it seems to give people the ok to comment, and sometimes i don't want them to comment. Is it me just having a off week or do others think this too?? Maybe my tolerance levels are a bit depleted this week!!

Today i forgot it was protein Thursday, in fact i forgot it was Thursday full stop!! Teaching all day so had to be well prepared for today's menu.
B rhubarb and from frais
S choc orange muffins
L Moussaka, ff yogurt
D mashed celeriac carrots turnips, BBQ chicken. FF yogurt

Going to have a protein Friday instead.

Good results C x, hope you feel 100% soon xxx

Tough week so far huh? Great that you're still notching up those 1lb losses though - slowly off, keeps it off, just remember that!

Think it's tricky about the comments - there's been a few posts about that lately. I suspect if we're in the wrong mood, nothing anyone says will be what we want to hear!

It's a pain that you've not been fully diagnosed yet. It's not knowing that's the worst, but hopefully you'll have more of an idea after next Friday.

You're doing great Colette, keep it up!

Jx

When it rains, it pours, I know very cliche but now you've both hopefully got the worst of it behind you so there's no place to go but up and better! :)
My losses seem to have aligned themselves with yours, 1lb at a time. But like you say, in 52 weeks that's 52 lbs and that's nothing to scoff at :)

CheeseGirl said:
When it rains, it pours, I know very cliche but now you've both hopefully got the worst of it behind you so there's no place to go but up and better! :)
My losses seem to have aligned themselves with yours, 1lb at a time. But like you say, in 52 weeks that's 52 lbs and that's nothing to scoff at :)

And that's what folks forget, 52 weeks = 52 lb and a wise dukeneer once said....this is a marathon not a race. C and CG we know we will crack it....we have all our Dukan buddies xxx

Hope you will both be fighting fit too - I have every sympathy with MrCPL 2 weeks was bad enough for me. You are doing great if you can diet with negative stuff going on at the mo.
Same here I did get embarrassed when people first started noticing I had lost weight and tbh hated it, to me they were acknowledging how fat I was, now I take it gracefully. I went the village shop before and someone didnt recognise me! I still get negative comments like I did last week at Staff Development I just tell them straight ............ its mainly jealousy anyway.

Well i think normal service has been resumed today!! feel better, my colleague who sits just beside me was feeling under the weather too today, i guess it was a virus going round.

Did a bit of a walk this afternoon in work, about 20 mins, got a bit out of breath so thats a good start to the exercise programme.

Protein Friday today as i forgot yesterday
B yogurt and rhubarb
L salmon fishcakes with balsamic vinegar lime jelly with goji berries and ff vanilla yogurt.
S choc orange muffins
D half a roast chicken,

Thank you for putting things into perspective!! Always get wise words from the Dukanettes!! Cx

Great your feeling better, enjoy your weekend xxx

Glad you're feeling better! Really must remember to make fishcakes, I remember you put a recipe up for quick ones using tinned salmon which I meant to try. Jx

Glad you're feeling better! Really must remember to make fishcakes, I remember you put a recipe up for quick ones using tinned salmon which I meant to try. Jx

They are gorgeous my favorite food at the mo!! I got a bottle of garlic and herbs with an attached grinder from adsa. makes all the difference!!

Last week while shopping in Farmfoods they had a huge bottle of "Slimmer" Sweetener, i thought that will be ok and put it away as you do. Went to use it and it said it had 92g carbohydrate in 100g. Im not sure now if i should be using this, then i looked at the canderel and thats 90 odd percent carbs too!! Are all the sweeteners like this?

Dukan bread and choc orange muffins made for today, OH is clocking my bread, ive told him to keep his mits off!!lol

[h=3]Found this on the Dukan website link is Sweeteners on the Dukan Diet
It looks like ill be changing my brand!!

Know Your Brand Names![/h]Aspartame is a chemically engineered substance that cannot withstand heat. Therefore, you will usually find it in diet soda, pudding, yogurt, and Jell-O. Major brands include NutraSweet and Equal.
Saccharin is another product of chemistry that can be used in cooking. It is also found in soft drinks, baked goods and frozen desserts. Sugar Twin and Sweet 'N Low are saccharin products.
Sucralose is made from sugar, not chemicals, and can be used in baking or beverages. The most common sucralose product is Splenda.
Stevia comes from the stevia plant which is actually an herb. The leaf is dried and ground to be added to drinks or on sprinkled on cereal like sugar. Brand names include Truvia and Pure Via.

Taken March 2012.This is what made me start Dukan, i think im trying to hide behind that bowling ball!! still got a way to go yet, but we are trying!!
Before (Small).jpg

Wowowow!!! What amazing progress you've made, Col! Thanks for sharing the before pic. Very motivating.

Glad to hear you are feeling better - your posts sound more chipper too. And well done for the walking!
Cx

It's not a very glamourous picture and it's still on the wall in work, quite an incentive to keep on track!!

Back