Dukan ? hope so!

Good luck Collette xxx

Well where do i start!! with the positives i think.

Set off for London on Friday morning, the sun was shining a glorious day Had to go to Worcester to collect a Male Voice Choir, a massive diversion and holds ups on the M25 led to us being on the coach for 7 hours!! We arrived at Canary Wharf where the hotel was, it was a lovely hotel, was a little concerned about the railway line right outside our window but the triple glazing sorted that out, i had visions of holding on to the TV and kettle to stop them falling off the desk!! lol

We went out around Canary Wharf in the evening the buildings lit up at night were amazing, went for a meal, couldnt find anything that was dukan friendly and i was too tired to be bothered, had mushroom soup and a houmous salad with nuts and seeds then bak to the hotel for a couple of glasses of Rose.

Saturday morning was spent at the Albert Hall in rehearsals for the concert, OMG what a beautiful place full of character!! The acoustics were fabulous. Got back to the hotel for a quick bite to eat, chicken burger and chips with a salad and a lass of rose. Then off out again to the RAH for the concert, it was sold out absolutely chocka block!! Hubby had gone off taking photos ready for his next photo competition, he wasnt allowed in to the rehearsals.

We had to buy twinkling badges then half way through the concert they were switched on and the lights were turned off, there was a sea of amber lights twinkling in the dark like little stars, this represented all the people who had been affected by cancer, either survived it or died from it. We sang the lord is my shepherd, it was very emotional. There was a 2 minute silence then a lone piper played along with the Correy Band and Grimethorpe Colliery Band.

There was lots of flag waving and audience participation in Rule Britannia and Land of hope and Glory. It was a fabulous night the voices of 1500 choiresters where amazing as was the brass bands.

Sunday morning we were supposed to be singing outdoors at the Scoop on the South Bank not far from Tower Bridge, but as it was chucking it down with rain it had to be cancelled.

So that was the positives bits, the bad bit were mainly about my food choices, not so good, lots of bread, sweeties and other stuff that is not allowed resulting today in a 4lb gain. Picked up the Dukan wagon today so far so good. Porridge for breakfast chicken breast for a snack with a coffee, need to plan the rest of the week, so im off to do that. xxx

sounds like an amazing experiance collette :D

Some snaps of the Royal Albert Hall at the Festival of Choirs and Brass

Attachments

• sue and coll RAH.jpg
    sue and coll RAH.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 38
  • rah3.jpg
    rah3.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 46
  • RAH 1.jpg
    RAH 1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 39
Wow!!! Who cares about the food? You seemed pretty restrained, and I'm sure the excitement and activity will burn it off. And what a great description, col. I really felt like I was there.

Collette I'm flippin crying. What An experience the badges representing cancer suffers has choked me. Wow what an time. Memories forever xxxx

It was very emotional but amazing too, so glad I had the opportunity to do something like that. DVD has been ordered!!

Back to reality now, singing the Christmas songs at choir last night, it's getting close now and I've not even started shopping.

Back on track, made salmon and prawns in garlic coriander and a splash of lime for tea last night tuna salad for lunch today, can't remember what I've planned to dinner maybe meatloaf or turkey kofta x

HI Collette, WOW your Albert Hall experience sounds fabulous! Hows u doing now last time i was on here u had pain in ur side.
Aww Christmas songs, i wanted to watch a christmas film at weekend but bah humbug hubby said no,,I love christmas, been buying as and when I see stuff,, mostly when I see stuff online on offer! My favourite time is black friday deals on amazon,,lots of things reduced for a week only, I got about 10 things last year, much cheaper than anywhere else!! It starts nov 19th this year, I really want to be logged infront of my lappy all day to get the deals haha some of them are nothing u would want or need but some are fab!

Oh god Col, I too am sitting her very emotional after reading your descriptoin. The cancer thing mainly but also the lone piper bit, thats something that gets me every single time. I too wouldn't worry to much about teh food thing, after all it was a once in a lifetime event, I know its horrid putting the weight on, but you know it willcome off again. Hopefully its already off by now.

xx

Loved your post C how very moving x

OK, where do i start!!? time is flying by Christmas is coming up so fast i just cant keep up with everything! Feels like ive lost the plot!! lol
This last week is a bit of a blur cant believe its been a week since i last checked in.

Whats happened this week, well had a row with Groupon and managed to get a refund, i booked a hot stones massage and facial then got a call to say that the machine was broken i could rebook or they could just do a normal massage and facial which we agreed to. The salon was the other side of Chester had to get through a load of city traffic and ended up 10 minutes late, i apologized but she said she couldnt do the treatments as we were late!! We said that we would have a shorter massage or facial but she insisted we rebook with some complimentary treatments thrwn in, told her to stick them where the sun dont shine and i wanted my money back!!

My "rockstar in the making" son did his first gig we were'nt allowed to go and watch as we are far to uncool, but we were allowed to go to the sound check and hubz took some pictures of the band, the band were amazing, if you like metal!!lol:party0023:

Hubz started a new job this week so we went out to celebrate had went to the local indian restaurant then after the fiasco on the Saturday went out again for tea in Chester. I got weighed on Monday and i had put on 8 lbs, weighed again this morning and 3lbs are gone. Food choices have not been great finding really hard to stick to the plan but i am trying. xx

Keep trying collette , its better than nothing and it will help till your mind sets right. Dont give in....dig deep xxx

keep at it hun, you know it works but if your mind is playing sillies with you, you need to take back control. Make those choices and lose!

Well done to the rockstar.

Shame about groupon, they do seem to have a bit of a rep at the moment.

Choc orange muffins baked, sweet and sour chicken cooked and ready for tomorrows lunch jelly setting in the fridge, salmon defrosting for tomorrows tea, getting there slowly but surely. x

Thats a plan col xxx

CPL said:
Choc orange muffins baked, sweet and sour chicken cooked and ready for tomorrows lunch jelly setting in the fridge, salmon defrosting for tomorrows tea, getting there slowly but surely. x

Yay, softly softly catchy monkey :D

P x

Back