Dukan & IBS

AnnTeak

Does anyone that suffers with IBS also follow the Dukan diet?

I have been told by the Dr last week this is probably what I have (they don't diagnose it just rule out all other possibilities!)

My main symptoms are extreme nausea which I really struggle to cope with as I have a fear/phobia of being sick or others being sick.

Have you managed to do Dukan, has it helped?

At the moment I can't imagine eating much let alone a lot of the foods we can eat but I do want to get back on track :sigh:

It's made mine 100 times better. I only really get it bad on gala meals/alcohol now. Mine was bad, although no nausea. Mainly frequency :/ and that's unbelievably better. There's still foods that trigger, but it's much better.

FYI a colleague with ibs got the "fodmap" diet from a dietitian to help her. Dukan is quite similar!

I was only a very occasional sufferer, but can't say I've had any bouts since I started, didn't even think about it. Some of the spices might be at fault though, after all we all use extra herbs and spices for things.

Thanks guys, I think when I was very first doing the diet I did feel better but not so much near when I stopped doing it properly. I think stress plays a part which I am trying to sort but it is very difficult at the moment. I will have a look at the 'fodmap' diet and see if I can incorporate it and hopefully make myself a bit better as it is really affecting my life at the moment :(

Back