Dukan Newbie!

twinmum05

Hi everyone another newbie here looking to start dukan on Monday. I have the book which i thought was an excellent read. Am currently writing up my shopping list and would like people to give suggestions on dukan food they couldnt be without please! Also i am looking to lose around 21lb and does anyone think this would be acheivable by september?

Thanks! :eek:

Hello there Twin Mum and welcome to the site.

21lbs by September is definitely doable (how tall are you? and is that a weight you could reasonably expect to reach? did you use the Dukan calculator on the official website to see what it sets your "true weight" at, based on your age, number of children, diet history etc - it's far more accurate than the usual BMI one...).

While it's definitely possible to lose that amount of weight, you'll not have had time to consolidate it (as you'd need 8-10 weeks minimum for that after the loss) so if you've a holiday planned, you might need to be a little careful.

Foods I'd not be without? Definitely oatbran (and wheatbran for me); herbs and spices (I now use both far more than before, and rarely use salt!); err eggs... hum...; salmon; chicken; lean steak; prawns.

If you like that sort of food, you'll be fine... have you worked out your menu for day 1? You could post it (here or in the "what are you eating today?" thread...) and we could give you our comments?

The main thing in attack is not to be hungry... the first two to three days of this diet is where you might well feel hunger, so be sure to have plenty of Dukan friendly foods available (if you're at work) or in the fridge!

I always recommend emptying the fridge and cupboards of anything not ok too!

Good luck and don't hesitate if you have any other q's!

Thanks so much for the advice i am 5ft 2.5 so am hoping this is acheivable at this height! i have a wedding to go to i september so that is my goal! although altogether i would like to lose atleast 2 stone.

That definitely sounds doable...

I envy you the excitement of day 1 and the first few days...

Hi everyone another newbie here looking to start dukan on Monday. I have the book which i thought was an excellent read. Am currently writing up my shopping list and would like people to give suggestions on dukan food they couldnt be without please! Also i am looking to lose around 21lb and does anyone think this would be acheivable by september?

Thanks! :eek:

ello there and welcome , well i started on tuesday and have already had a 5lb loss so for ............

so good luck !!

coz im still new here myself the others will give u some brill advice they are all stars !!

jet xx

Hello twin mum :) welcome!
Have a look at the daily menu thread - its really helpful.
I always have plenty of eggs in!!!!! lol

Hi there, im new too and starting tomorrow and also a mum to twins (boys)!! hope you doing ok.Im excited to start too.

Jo xx

Hello and welcome to all our newbies. Any problems just ask. And just for your information............we are ok with toilet or lack of toilet movements. Lol

Hi, I am new to this site but have been doing this for three weeks and have lost a stone already, i hope to lose another stone and a half by september.
I think if you stick to the plan and understand the science behind it, ie its not about fat/calories more about initially eliminating and then manageing sugar/carbs and placing your body into a state of sustainable Ketosis then you should reach your goals or at least get within sight of them.
Good luck x
Oh and the Dukan Galette is essential - so mess about til you get it right for you and then make up a batch for the whole week - makes it so much easier!

Can i just add in that people arent being rude but most of them dont come on here at the weekend.

I am going to do my shop today. I usually shop at asda but when I nipped in there yesterday they didn't have oat bran. Am I looking in there wrong place? It wasn't with the cereals
Xx

its with the porridge hon x

Its normally with the porridge oats. I couldnt get mine in asda and had to go to waitrose

Hi,

I have some oat bran, it's a tony ferguson on (the only one i could find)

Im a little confused about how much i should have, its like a powder - do i eat it like cereal for breakfast? someone told me to take 1 tsp 3 times a day with cold water and then have a warm drink afterwards as this fills you up. is this true? it sounds yuck!!

also, i worked out my initial attack phase on the dukan website, is it just pure protein during this phase? (mine is 2 days) and then can i have some veggies? if so what ones?

im so sorry for the huuuuuuuuge amount of questions!!

i weigh 10.13 and im 5'2.

tomorrow is day 1 (yay)

xx

Hi hun and welcome. Not many people log in at the weekends but i thought id drop in so i'll have to do! You can make your oat bran into a pancake by mixing it with formage frais or quark. See the recipe thread for this, they are lovely, try adding cinnamon and splenda for a sweet one or have as a savoury one to wrap your chicken in for a meal or dip in some yoghurt and mint dip.

hey all newbies :)
ref oatbran - only 1 1/2tbsps per day on attack then up to 2 on cruise. in galette or as porridge.

Back