DUKAN ON A BUDGET...

Yeah I saw that Pauline, wasn't sure if the weight was less or mroe than asda, will have to remember to check the pack in the freezer.

If any of you have a B&M nearby, yesterday I bought packs of Bernard Matthews Chicken Tikka pieces for 59p a pack instead of £1+ also had packs of sliced beef for £1.09 proper beef, not thin sliced processed.

They also sell 3 packs of Wrigleys Extra Fruit chewing gum for 99p, almost a pack from based on prices in other shops for a single pack.

B&M have also got vanilla and lemon flavourings in at the moment for 39p.

Last edited:
They're quite tasty too, i think its about 20 in the pack. I have on occasion bought them, but prefer Farm Foods for cost at 29p a pack of 8...though they sometimes lose their taste a bit.

Aldi shop today and got some bargains.

Aldi super 6 this week is veggies, most of which we can have. Butternut squash for 49p.......yep having some of that. Red Onions, parnsips, mushrooms, 49p for all,.

I also got in there a box of stew mix, carrots, parsnips, onions, and a couple of swedes. £1.39 Quite a good bargain I thought. As we only have veggies every other day, it means we aren't having to buy a bag of everything and see it go to waste....something that happens in this house.

Oatbran still available, or at least it is in ours. Ibought another bag, got 5 put away now LOL....its saved me nearly £3 so I'm not complaining, it'll all get used eventually.

Cottage Cheese, now I am a big advocate of Asda smart price cottage cheese, as some of you will have guessed LOL. But today I decided to have a try of the aldi ones. They are 65p instead of Asda 69p Protein content is better, carbs about the same, the fat content is a little bit higher, but when you open the lid, there isn't as much liquid as there is in the Asda pots. Still under the 2g rule though. I bought the original and the chives one. Had the chives as my topping on the cheeseburger pie....very tasty.

Mild Cure Ham. I have always bought Asda SP sliced ham, you get 8 slices for 61p. For a while now I have been getting the odd pack of Aldi sliced ham which has 10 thin slices and at a cost of 59p So saves 2p but gets two extra slices. Very tasty on thin cooked omlettes with a bit of EL cheese spread on it and then rolled up.

Quick Fry Steak - i've been eyeing this up for a few weeks now and decided to take the plunge. £2.49 and inside the box was 3 large slices and 1 small one. Approx .5cm thick and according to Mum, very tasty. I usually buy reduced in asda, but this has beaten the costs.

Passata 29p for the box. Thanks to mum again, I bought some of this today in place of lo sugar ketchup. I used two tablespoons in the bbq sauce I was making, and froze the rest in an ice cube tray. Two ice cubes equals 1 tablespoon. Economical and easy to use. Can easily add a cube to anything then.

Love the Passata tip I never thought of that xxx

BARGAIN IN ASDA

In the freezer section of Asda, where all the vegitarian stuff is, they have Quorn Family Roasts. Not sure how big because it is boxed, but the box is a decent size. Anyway they are £3 each...................

Asda special offer.........2 for £3. Why not just say BOGOF

Oooo thanks for that, will try to get up there during the week

BNS is one of the super six in Aldi this week, 49p each

Oh yes I forgot about that one, thanks china

Aldi super six are Cabbage, Onions, beetroot, Lemons, Carrotts and Broccoli. All things we can have, woohoo, usually there is at least one thing we can't have.

I bought the lemons and zested them all then used the juice in the lemon curd . The zest I put in a small tub and froze it. I have been able to in muffins and with the garlic lemon filling for chicken keiv.

I remembered another little hint to help out. I buy the large tubs of the mince and split it into four portions. Occasionally I will cook up the mince before freezing. Make meatballs and use a MELON BALLER to gather the mince to make small meatballs. Quicker and easier to cook (using less gas/electric)and handy to freeze and get out portion wise.

Its very handy to have already cooked things in the freezer so you don't have to worry about last min hungers LOL.

Just thought I might recommend Tesco's fat free greek yoghurts which are 50p for 200g pots and £1 for 500g. They have about 0.2 more grams of sugar per 100g than Total and about 2g less protein, but this is the yoghurt I've eaten from the beginning and I've still had great results. It's less than half the price of Total and the difference in content is minimal. I also think it tastes yummy :D just in case anyone eats yoghurt everyday like me it can get a bit pricey!

Just thought I might recommend Tesco's fat free greek yoghurts which are 50p for 200g pots and £1 for 500g. They have about 0.2 more grams of sugar per 100g than Total and about 2g less protein, but this is the yoghurt I've eaten from the beginning and I've still had great results. It's less than half the price of Total and the difference in content is minimal. I also think it tastes yummy :D just in case anyone eats yoghurt everyday like me it can get a bit pricey!

Hi dohnuts, thanks for that. Its always good to hear prices in other shops. Sounds like they are on a parr with Asda, same prices for same sizes, but hopefully tesco might taste better. Asda ones seem a bit tart to me, Aldi ones are very yum, but are higher on stats.

Have you tried making your own yogurts to save on a bit of cash.

thanks, also local grocery of mine does 4 for £1.25 but the consistency is very runny and thin and would not use it for desert but okai for cooking, i marinate my chicken with this

Tesco's greek yoghurt is quite thick and creamy it's really lovely I always have it for breakfast or as a dessert. I haven't attempted to make my own yoghurt yet but i think it's definitely something I should think about!

Turkey mince is on special in Aldi, it's £1.25 for 450g instead of £1.75

Ooooo thanks China, always good to have in.

I really need to find out if there's an Aldi near me somewhere. Right now I'm basically limited to Tesco and Sainsbury's. And the only real positive about Sainsbury's is that their tinned carrots contain less sugar xD Tesco is reasonably cheap though so I can't complain :)

Back