Dukan take two

Hi everyone,
My first attempt at dukan was a few months ago and went really well for a while... until I went to France, and Turkey, and Amsterdam (all amazing!).. anyway I did loads of travelling and all my good intentions completely went out the window! I did maintain my initial loss for a while but jumping on the scales this morning I'm pretty much back where I started.. blah. I've been trying keeping an eye on what I eat but I suspect that makes me eat more as I'm thinking about food (albeit in a deprivation kind of way) all the time... That's why I think I had initial success with dukan, I like the freedom of a list of foods and as long as you stick to the list, you can't really go wrong.
I was on these boards last time and you guys gave me wonderful support and advice, I'm sorry that I didn't keep up with it but I guess I wasn't feeling great about falling off the wagon.

So........ back to the supermarket, 6 lovely days of attack starting tomorrow :) Hi again to everyone! xx Any tips or hints on how to cope with holidays without totally falling off the wagon would be obviously very much appreciated :)

Breakfast... chicken breast with spice and cottage cheese. Cupboards stocked with millions of yoghurts and good old tesco 3 for 10 pounds chicken. Off for a coffee with my lovely friends.. black coffee no sugar is okay I'm thinking.

Hi Kiwi WELCOME BACK! I was wondering about you on your travels ;-)

More later regarding holidays but I really need to crack on with some work right now (working from home, DD1 at home, striked off school today)

Thanks Anjuschka :) We had lunch in the end but I got a chicken salad and just ate the chicken so I think I'm okay. We went to the Orchard Tea Rooms in Grantchester, do you know it? First time I've been there, it was very nice! Went for a walk along the river :) Yes, I see the strikes happening.. wish the nurses would join in to be honest as we need to protect the NHS too.

Travels have been amazing! I love living here and being able to pop to Europe so easily :) Next up... Czech Republic, Spain and Ireland.

Ah yes the Orchard, very lovely! You really need a nice sunny summers day - it's just gone a bit too gloomy right now though. Once the Kids are older we'll no doubt go back to cycling there for a Sunday outing. You can walk all the way back into Cambridge along the river too - through Grantchester meadows.
I know what you mean about 'just ate the chicken' ;-) I just made a nice lentil & carrot (and carrot tops) soup for DD1 as she was keen to have some of the veg from the Box that comes on Thursday, and she had that with a home made wholemeal roll *drool* ;-)
*I* just had my Dukan bread with herring&prawn 'salad' (my favourite: add a dollop of FromFrais and dill)

Yes, I was planning to cycle along the river but my friend had a seat in her car so that was okay :)
Sounds yummy! I love lentils... and chickpeas.. yum :)
I'm in the middle of night shifts, just went to stock up at the supermarket and the refridgerated section is all defrosting due to a power cut, so can't buy anything there.. looks like an egg and canned tuna couple of days for me! Luckily I've still got some yoghurts :)
Off to bed, have a great day!

One more night shift to go... I found some ham at the spar down the road so that's been good. Tomorrow, proper stock up at a different supermarket :)

Yesterday : 2x eggs, 2x yoghurts, oatbran, 4x salmon filets (emergency supplies out of the freezer)

Today (so far) 1x yoghurt some ham and some roast chicken slices. Loads of water. I'm out of the headache stage and into the very thirsty polyuric phase. Weighed myself before bed this morning... 6 pounds already gone since I started attack.

I'm really enjoying the feeling of not being hungry and not wanting any carbs at the moment although comfort sugar is still looking good, mostly I think because of working night shifts.

Right, back to bed!

You asked for tips about hols and not falling off the wagon: I do fall off it but seem to keep it to a minimal effect by sticking largely to fish when in restaurants or pubs. I did bore one lot of friends with the Dukan microwave bread ( actually they were ok with it), but generally the oatbran is difficult to manage except by mixing with yoghurt and eating raw. English breakfasts can be edited, by having poached or boiled eggs and bacon but avoiding the beans and hash browns etc. I also hard boil some eggs when I can to top up before eating out, easier to choose the right things on the menu. Steak is ok if you can resist the chips.

Back