Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

And on a completely un-dukan-related topic, I think our bank has approved our mortgage! One step closer to owning our first place. Sooooooo excited - you're all invited to the first dukan BBQ :)

Fantastic news......great xxx

:)

And on a completely un-dukan-related topic, I think our bank has approved our mortgage! One step closer to owning our first place. Sooooooo excited - you're all invited to the first dukan BBQ :)
Great news
xx

Ciao bella!!! I know we're I touch but thought I'd touch base I your diary. So cool to read about your move in Jan and like the others, impressed you kept it together through all the upheaval!

Reading your diary I'm always chortling in recognition! Partly because our attitudes to diet and exercise are similar but also because of random stuff like tinned pumpkin purée. I have a can in my cupboard that I discovered was allowable while dukaning last year but never figured a use for. What on earth do you do with it?!! No idea why I bought it to be honest, I mean, I like roast squash but have never used it in baking. Odd.

It's so wonderful to hear that you're enjoying London too. Always a risk to make such a big move but sounds like you've just come in with the right attitude - so refreshing as lots of people complain about the bad bits without appreciating the good stuff. You've come from a big city though so I guess that helps?

And I didn't realise your husband is scandi. Is he Danish? I've just had a terrifying thought that I know someone through work who's Danish and based in Shanghai. What if he's your husband?!? You'd be sworn to secrecy - I'm all professional and level headed at work...don't want them finding out I've got mental food issues and talk rubbish 98% of the time! Or even more than that....ahem.

Anyway, I'll get back to email now too but just wanted to come here and say Well Done! You're doing fab!!

And thanks for getting in touch when I went AWOL, am v glad you did.

Jxxx

Ciao cara!

Yes, I love it here and can't stop grinning most of the time. I love doing ordinary things that were impossible or difficult or just not as nice in Shanghai, like cycling in the countryside, blue skies, sunrise on the river, walking in the park, the view from Waterloo bridge... And I work 5 mins from Chinatown so go there whenever I miss the atmosphere, the food, or hearing mandarin. Best of both worlds!

Yes, OH is Danish but is based in London now. But you'll have to PM me the name of the Dane in shanghai. Highly likely we knew him!

I think you're doing pretty amazingly too, btw, and it's so nice to have you back here. You are a bit a over your tw, but haven't gained anywhere near what you originally lost, and seem to be getting control over the food demons. All in all, a happy place to be :)

Cxx

Hmmm... I love these dark evenings and being able to curl up in bed before 9pm without any guilt whatsoever!

2nd pp day of the week, and it went pretty well, although still lots of dairy.

B: the usual: enormous caffelatte, wheatgrass and soy protein shake and a chocolate muffin
L: beef burgers with cottage cheese and curry sauce, mueller lite toffee, total 0%
D: creamy fish 'pasta' (baked white fish fillets in konjac noodles with cottage cheese and some chilli sauce) - yum! With yoghurt and from/frais for dessert

I've got my lunchbox ready for pv Wednesday too: the rest of the baked fish with stewed tomato,onion and eggplant. And pumpkin pudding for dessert (joodle, I usually heat up the pumpkin and stir in some quark, spices and sweetener. But I'm pretty sure you could also bake it in the oven as a crustless pumpkin pie. Maybe that's tomorrow's experiment!).

Hoping you're all having a lovely week so far Cxx

I must try your creamy pasta dish... note to self: defrost some philly xlite at the weekend! I can't even get the lite version here, just full fat, so I freeze then chop a 30g piece off as and when. It's actually far easier to stick to the tolerated allowance this way too!

Congratulations on your mortgage acceptance. Not an easy job to get one of those these days.
x

Good idea to freeze the Philly! I must try that. Yes, the cheesy noodles are so much like real pasta, it's a lifesaver.

I used the barenaked brand (https://www.barenakedfoods.co.uk/) and it seems to have the best consistency - most similar to spaghetti.

Yes, it was touch and go with the mortgage and I'm still not getting too excited until we have the keys in our hands, but it's getting closer all the time.

Weigh in this morning (yes, back to daily!) is still moving down, 200g off from yesterday (56.45k). I'm having a break from cycling this morning, and hoping I'll get another rain free day before the weekend!

Cx

Congrats on the mortgage!! And what an amazing idea to freeze Philly! Great way to stay in control of portions

Yeah, you're right back on it! Great menus. And so glad you're enjoying it here...although I think you're mad to be liking the shorter days!

I love the noodles too but had to cut them out while on extreme economising measures a while back. You can get them for £1.04 in the Japan Centre on Regent St if you're working near there.

Great news on the mortgage but yes, don't relax till you get the keys. I will never forget the feeling of being gazumped with mine.

Crazy to think we may know a Fane in common. Will pm you!

Jx

A Dane, a Dane! I don't know any Fanes.

Hahahaha - I'm just picturing a Great Fane :)

Well, I did love the long days too, but i felt like I always needed to be out and about enjoying every last drop of sunshine. It was exhausting! I love going to bed early with a good book, but would have felt pretty silly doing that when it was light outside :)

And there is always next summer to look forward to. Like chocolate on dukan!

Speaking of which, someone left a huge chocolate cake in the kitchen for a staff birthday today and invited everyone to dig in. I had to avoid staring at it as I nibbled my lunch of baked fish, eggplant and tomato. Felt like a saint, of course :)

Good resisting work Caro, may the scales be thy reward!

And actually, you just described exactly how I feel in summer. Totally love the long nights but force myself to be out and about all the time. Wouldn't ever wish them away but yes, I must confess that when it rained for a couple of evenings I was relieved to be 'allowed' a night indoors!

So when are you learning English then? Not sure what exotic creature an egg plant is but you should taste our aubergines!

Speaking of which, someone left a huge chocolate cake in the kitchen for a staff birthday today and invited everyone to dig in. I had to avoid staring at it as I nibbled my lunch of baked fish, eggplant and tomato. Felt like a saint, of course :)
Did you drool a little?!!

Another vote for staying in by the fire, or going to bed early, with glee when the weather's poor... the only thing is that it scuppers my exercise! I suppose I could try putting a good DVD on and walking on the spot for an hour. That would be exciting (NOT!)

So when are you learning English then? Not sure what exotic creature an egg plant is but you should taste our aubergines!

SNORT!! Cheeky sod :)

Thanks noodle. The scales have been VERY kind this morning and showed a 300g drop, to 56.15. Getting into tw territory!

Looks like the rain will hold off for a few more hours so I'm going to try and do my last cycle of the week. I will have to make another exercise plan for winter, though: don't mind the cold so much but I can't see myself arriving at work looking like a drowned rat, even if there is a hot shower available!

Roll on, weekend!

Back